forum

The Lion King - I Just Can't Wait to Be King

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, 29 November 2007 at 8:16:34 AM

Artist: The Lion King
Title: I Just Can't Wait to Be King
BPM: 98.92
Filesize: 8530kb
Play Time: 02:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.8 stars, 227 notes)
Download: The Lion King - I Just Can't Wait to Be King
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Because who doesn't love The Lion King?

The video is completely required for this one. The entire beatmap was timed around the video, with most of the notes and sliders matching up to actions on screen. It was a fun little experiment, and hopefully it comes out as being really fun to play, too. The difficulty varies a lot as a result, although you can always see the easy parts as making up for the fact that there's only one tiny break in the whole song.

Edit: Played through it a bit and changed some things I thought were a problem. I still really need someone else to check the offset, though... Mine was more of an estimation, even if it was one that worked well for once.

Edit 2: Timing fixed, and a bit more polishing, and it should be done now.
peppy
I love making video-synced beatmaps! Just makes the game a lot more fun to play when you're moving in the same direction as a dance/whatever.

Timing:
BPM 98.92
Offset 5,427

See what you think of these timing amounts. Make sure you resnap notes and recalculate sliders, and check through for any misalignments after these operations!

Really nice beatmap other than timing.
Nintendonick4
Wow, I really like the syncing with the video. Very few beatmaps use the technique, but I like it a lot. Spacing is solid, everything seems to be good. I didn't catch the earlier release, but I see no problems with the timing as of now.
peppy
Good stuff. One more mod approval and this is ranked.
Echo
You may want to check the spacing of the blue 2-6 at ~1:21 - they're all a half beat apart but the spacing is a bit weird, unless it's matching the video?

If it's to do with matching the video, then I have no problems with it. If it isn't, then please fix :D
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
Only the 4-6 are spaced like that, I think. That is meant to follow the video, but not so closely that it has to be that way, I guess. I've changed it now.
awp
In the name of childhood I dub thee ranked!
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
Now watch Ivalset and eyup get double the score I can.

I'm so glad it never occurred to me to put in a spinner.
awp
Spinners are generally a good idea for score variability but it doesn't have to be there if the song's got no room for it. One at the end almost fits with the elephant though.
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
I'll always remember that brief period I had the top score on a beatmap. Even if it was mine. And now it's gone...

I blame this entirely on Zazu. He had to go and make his lines timed really weirdly. Is everyone else getting 100s on those, too?
[deleted user]
What codec does the video use, it's not playing for me. :cry:
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
It's just an avi. I haven't had any lag on it using ffdshow.
awp

Impossible wrote:

It's just an avi.
It still uses a particular codec, though. The codec used isn't specified by the file extension.
Topic Starter
Impossible_old
Still, ffdshow works fine.
TiZ
I'm experiencing similar video problems, but that's not what I'm here for; I'll figure that one out soon enough.

While trying to recode the video to play better, I noticed the VBR audio track... So I watched the video with that audio, and I think the audio track from the video would be better to use, with all the sound effects and etc.

What do you think?
awp
Mission Complete, whoever wanted me to break the world record.

Took three tries ;x
Rolled
This was the first 1st place score I ever achieved, FYI.

Now I am 3rd ;_;
awp
The first you (presumably) reclaimed has been re-reclaimed. I don't feel assed to break the world record AGAIN but if you want to, go ahead.
Rolled
re-re-reclaimed, FYI ;x
LimeGreenTeknii
Please add another difficulty!
show more