forum

osu! Community Localisation Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyozoru

peppy wrote:

After having a successful time using google docs for localisation of osu!stream, I have decided to push osu! over there. pTransl was a great system, but I don't actually have the time to maintain one more system, and therefore this is the best way forward in my eyes.

The document is publicly editable. Feel free to make any changes you see fit for languages you are proficient at.
https://docs.google.com/a/ppy.sh/spread ... nVHc#gid=0

Ask any questions in this thread.
Is this for the new update?
Kipek
I have added a translation for DatabaseHelper_SaveFailed in English and Japanese. Please check the japanese translation sure if the translation is 100%, but I tried my best.
- Marco -

Kyozoru wrote:

Is this for the new update?
Do you mean osu!next?

Also updated DatabaseHelper_SaveFailed , preview faq, old-maps faq,
Soul Wrath
Edited: Norwegian

Game:
I have fixed capital letter at the start of a sentences, and some small translation errors.
Also added
Game: O1217, O1218 and O1219.

faq:
Changed: M8, M9, M12, M13, M26, M33, M195, M196, M202
Added: M25, M46, M55, M146, M194

I think all should be well now. Might be something i overlooked!
:lol:

More Edit:

Game:
Added: O5

faq:
Changed: M121, M230, M231
Poku
Fixed a little bit of hebrew mistakes, will continue later :)
Sharkfang
Esperanto, the international language, went from 2% to 50%+ in less than a day! Thank /r/esperanto :)
- Marco -
Am i the only one to see this only on the faq tab?

Deimos
someone fucked it up, reverted it to 26. Januar, 01:17, should be fine now
MLLoM
I did a number of small changes throughout the Norwegian game translation, since I believed that many English loanwords (and some other loanwords) had been used unnecessarily, or where I personally believed that the sentence structures were not at their best.

I did see many improvements in Soul Wrath's recent translation compared to how bad the use of loanwords were last autumn, but I still found some things to improve such as Multiplayer → Flerspiller, Input → Innputt, Slangende → Slingrende, Offset → Avvik, and Letterboxing → Svarte bildekanter. I could have been even more conservative and found translations for "Sliders" and "Storyboard", as well as replacing "MSN Live Messenger" with "Skype", but it seemed to me that those three examples were pretty standardized across the translations.

I do hope that I don't count as a vandal or such, which really wasn't my intention, but I figured that there weren't all that many rules that I could find about how the translation procedure is supposed to be conducted. Overall, I just hope I was of help.
Sharkfang
The Esperanto translation is 100% finished, ready to be added. Really excited that it will be in the game; thank you so much for the opportunity to translate it, peppy!

(Translated by the community of reddit.com/r/esperanto)
Soul Wrath
Added:
O1219
"Preview gameplay" -> "Forhåndsvis spill"

I need other norwegians to check the translation. I don't know if it is the correct translation, but i can't see any other way to translate "Gameplay" cause I don't think we have an actually translatin of the word to norwegian.

PS: Ser bra ut MLLoM! :D
Topic Starter
peppy
Localisation updates went live with today's build. Please report if there are any major issues and I'll push out further updates.
Soul Wrath
In norwegian:
Under skin I just added translation for "Preview gameplay". It was not translated.
Sharkfang

peppy wrote:

Localisation updates went live with today's build. Please report if there are any major issues and I'll push out further updates.
Esperanto translation wasn't added in localization updates
S o h

Kipek wrote:

I have added a translation for DatabaseHelper_SaveFailed in English and Japanese. Please check the japanese translation sure if the translation is 100%, but I tried my best.
I checked the translation. It should be good now.

I also made some clarification on previous translations (Some mine/some others) so there would be less confusion for Japanese..
Det
Portuguese (Brazil) 100% done :)
Hisoka Yuuji
I'll continue Greek localisation with winnerspiros
Underforest
I'm translating new Spanish lines
Also, may continue Catalan abandoned translation
PHNoeru
Is There's Someone who can handle Filipino(Tagalog) translation?
Nathanael

PHNoeru wrote:

Is There's Someone who can handle Filipino(Tagalog) translation?
I have been always checking the FAQ localization, but not for the game client because of some reasons. If you want to help out, you're free to contribute and I will check them someday.
Hisoka Yuuji
Is there any chance to localise the osu! Website?
Soul Wrath
Added:
P1221, P1222, P1223

Edited: P not O, my bad :(
LastExceed
Fixed the german translation for "detect performance issues" which always gave me cancer as soon as I opened the options menu, as well as it's description which was a weird mess-up of singular and plural lol
NicoHolic777
I'm working and fixing some of the Thai translations.
- Marco -
Fixed a little error in !faq it:color
Tony
moved romanian game translation from 30% to 100% completion. I also fixed a lot of existing bad translations, but unfortunately not all of them :(
Ardiemerde
changed the description for NC and DT in Indonesian to stay faithful with the English version :p
- Marco -
Added the osu!direct translations for Italian
rawrneru
It seems that Icelandic localisation has dissapeared from the spreadsheet even though some of it has been implemented into the new update for osu.
Diabolica
Finished Hebrew Localization.
Now its 100% done.
Soul Wrath
Added (game) P1282
iCakeMan
German localisation is missing in the game tab?
Djambalaz
Translated from 54% to 59% in Bulgarian section.
Any Bulgarian user is free to revise my translations and continue from there. :P
I will still continue translating though.

Edit: Translated from 59% to 66%
S o h
Fixed very very awkward translations for Japanese. There might be some I left out but there were quite a lot.
Ramiress
Peppy google Docs Message give to you ppy and anyfriends in osu! Community in my eye ppy. and ask any question sonmetime and support ppy Always
Endaris

iCakeMan wrote:

German localisation is missing in the game tab?
^
Just got terribly confused when I noticed that the option "Show chat message notifications" wasn't translated and came here to add a translation.
JMC
just check today and faq tab seems broken, the column does not automatically adjust the length of the text.
Nathanael
I wonder who made it messy like that.
Regardless, I've asked someone else to revert changes to fix those, including "academy" turned to "osu"
rawrneru
Here to report that the icelandic localization column is still missing from all categories
siiky_old
Portuguese (Portugal) almost done (99%)
only 9 strings left (i dont know their context)
show more