forum

osu! Community Localisation Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kagamin3-chan
What's up with the snow-tooltip in options. Shouldn't it be mentioned that it alternatively could be skinned with "menu-snow.png"?
XPJ38
Everyone please edit Options_TabSkin_CustonKey. It isn't "Hit ESC to cancel" anymore but "Hit ESC to go back".
Topic Starter
peppy

G4R4Su wrote:

What's up with the snow-tooltip in options. Shouldn't it be mentioned that it alternatively could be skinned with "menu-snow.png"?
No. Skinning is never mentioned in tooltips.
Kagamin3-chan
Just thought it may confuse people if the tooltip says "modeicons will fall" and it won't.
Reverting German translation to the intended.
- Marco -
Added Italian traslation of the new rows
Saturnalize
Done some translation (Indonesia), 100% has reached yay
Kabu
Done some translation on the new options tooltips. (Portuguese localisation 100%)
bem13
Reached 100% with the Hungarian game translation.
XPJ38
5 new strings available!

ChatEngine_UserInvited
OptionsManiaBindingWizard_KeyConfig
Options_UpdateStream
Options_UpdateStrategy_Stable
Options_UpdateStrategy_CuttingEdge
DJ Angel

XPJ38 wrote:

5 new strings available!

ChatEngine_UserInvited
OptionsManiaBindingWizard_KeyConfig
Options_UpdateStream
Options_UpdateStrategy_Stable
Options_UpdateStrategy_CuttingEdge
I suppose the Options_UpdateStrategy it's about how often will osu! update versions and CuttingEdge means that it will always update to the latest (the most recent build)

correct me if I'm wrong, though.
XPJ38
There is this note in the doc:

Think of it as the "Update channels" in Firefox: you choose one to get the normal version of a software or a newer but unstable one, etc.

It's the same thing here, "stable" being the public build of osu! and "cutting edge" being the test build.
- Marco -
Translated new row :3
MillhioreF
AIMod is now localisable. Hop to it!
XPJ38
French completed. I would appreciate a proofreading by another French translator :)
bem13
Hungarian completed. 8-)

Will these be localisable? (Top right, yellow markers + the drop-down menus.) They are not skin elements, or are they?

Also, anyone else find it impossible to type a '}' character on Google Docs? :?
- Marco -
Done almost everything on the AiMod Italian Traslation
iT0mT0m
Polish completed.
Report if there were any errors.
r1z3
Is it possible to create a glossary/terminology sheet?

I have seen like 3 different Japanese translations for "beatmap" alone (the translation contexts are all the same):
譜面
譜面ファイル
ビートマップ

I know there's a row for the translation of "Beatmap" (MatchSetup_Beatmap) but I don't think everyone will search for it and it will probably be easier to just have a translation standard for osu! terminology.

Edit:

Also "Video":
動画
ビデオ
XPJ38
MenuTip_20 has been changed to reflect the disappearance of osume's Extras tab, please update.
bem13
Updates to Hungarian:
  1. Fixed a few grammar errors
  2. Made some sentences flow better
  3. FAQ is now completely translated!
Andraxy
My contribution to Slovenian (Slovenščina), translated almost everything except beatmap editor (no one uses it so I don't think it's a priority, but I'll translate it when I have more time) and fixed some grammatical errors =)

Reached 83% (It was less than 55% before)

sl (like english has en) shoud be changed to si
Ruidoso
I've done most of the translation to Turkish, things that people come across the most were my priority. Editor is still being worked on though and will probably be done whenever I have more spare time. I wonder, will we be able to get any credit for the translations we've done? Also some tips need context in order for us to make an accurate translation
Andraxy
Update:

Thanks to https://osu.ppy.sh/u/familyfrost (84-97%) and a little more work from my side, Slovenian is finally completely translated
DakeDekaane
Checked Spanish translation and fixed a few typos and changed some terms that fits better Spanish for the latest rows added.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Updated Croatian (now at 100%).
XPJ38

Ruidoso wrote:

Also some tips need context in order for us to make an accurate translation
Which ones do you want to hear about?
koreapenguin
make localisation team, so many terror in local project v2 aw
Yolo
Danish 40% -> 44%.
Will continue tomorrow. :D
Topic Starter
peppy
Please translate the latest addition ASAP. Quite an important one :).
tiper

peppy wrote:

Russian translation was already at 100% :<
Frostex

peppy wrote:

Done. And again please update Slovenian language in the next patch because for some reason it hasn't been updated in the last three patches.
Rin Satsuki_old
Updated german, now @100%
Yuunee
Romanian is @100%
Looking good ;D
bem13
Hungarian at 100% :)
XinCrin
Spanish at 100%
Zaros
I added a bunch to the Hebrew section, but got stuck on 3 lines that I couldn't quite figure out if anyone is willing to help?

Letterbox breaks conflicts with {0} diff.
Audio preview time conflicts with {0} diff.
Audio lead-in conflicts with {0} diff.
I think I know what they mean, but I don't want to mess it up! :D
XPJ38
Basically:
  1. The letterbox option is the insertion of black bars on top and bottom of the screen during pauses. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letterbox
  2. Audio preview time is the moment when the music starts when navigating in the song select screen.
  3. Audio lead-in is this: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Song_Setup#Music_Lead-In
The "conflict" thingy is when the same option is not set at the same value throughout the difficulties of the map.
Zaros
Oh I see, Thanks. I added that in, and now Hebrew at 100% :3

On a side note; is there supposed to be a Hebrew section on the web/FAQ? because I couldn't find it!
XPJ38
Nah, the faq sheet of the Google Doc refers to the BanchoBot commands, and the web sheet to something that has never been implemented (yet?)

If anything, if there should be something in Hebrew, it's in the wiki. There is still nothing in Hebrew in it though.
Zaros
Oh okay, cool. I guess it's this? If so, I might have to get on it :D
show more