forum

osu! Community Localisation Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Avishay
Updated Hebrew and made 25% progress :3
Sorry for not updating, I forgot about it.
nomen
Made some translations shorter for Latvian so strings don't overlap.
Also I'm curious why it says "latviešu valoda (latvian language)" and not "Latviešu (Latvian)" like all the other languages.
DJAlex
Finished changes for Spanish(ES) at 100%(Blue)!

Oooh, and it's at 75.74%. Maybe we finish next year?

Edit: Going to fix some parts, to convey full meaning of the original text from english.
- Marco -
Translated a new faq line in Italian, now 100% on faq ^^
Topic Starter
peppy
Added one new line, updated localisations for next release.
Oyatsu
Updated some faq and in-game Vietnamese. - To: Oyatsu-mini mod reports!! :)
tiper
Updated !faq ru:owc
statementreply
Please reset cell game!C18.
tiper
It looks like there's gonna be a possibility to translate some parts of the website. I'll be supporting it :)
Shadoxfix
Just finished the last 8% of the Dutch translation.
Went through every line and made the translations consistent (Three different translations for 'Game') and removed any spelling errors/typos.
But what's up with the self-promoting of the Dutch channel? It contained join #dutch multiple times...

Also, osu! has a lot more text then I expected.
Topic Starter
peppy

Shadoxfix wrote:

Also, osu! has a lot more text then I expected.
Nowhere near finished adding all localisable strings, either. The editor is going to be another big undertaking.
XPJ38
I reverted the document to a previous edit, an idiot deleted the game and web sheets.
MiDNiGhT2903
What does this localisation thing do?
Winshley

MiDNiGhT2903 wrote:

What does this localisation thing do?
So that you can see the proper in-game translation when selecting your preferred language in Option menu. ;)
Yuzeyun
I'll post it here, so everybody can see it:

!faq taiko-mapping is going to be outdated, the data in there was up to date back in 2010. Now, pretty much from the former guide is going to be covered by the new guide, and much has been added. I think it would be better adding the new guide instead.
I don't know what you guys think about this, post your opinions
UnderminE
Translated some important faq lines in Turkish
Kagamin3-chan
Fixed a small fail on german localisation t/166539
XPJ38
Has there ever been anything for Options_Graphics_Fullscreen_Tooltip? It's empty.

Btw new strings related to the new Options screen layout are available for translation.
iDark_old
Peppy, I've written an email to you about this topic. Please, check it.
KRZY
link in OP seems to be down?
iDark_old
It not seems like it is down. I just want to talk directly to peppy. I can't ask my question here, sorry =(
DJ Angel
wow

It's pretty bugged up, even thought the lines are still there
Shadoxfix
A new version has just been uploaded and finally included the new Dutch translation.
However I noticed a few pieces of text that were too long.
When rewriting the Dutch translation I didn't think it would be this noticeable.

Most of these issues could be solved by wording the text slightly different.
Before I do that I wanted to know if I should prioritize exact translation or a translation that still fits and looks good without being too big.
Keep in mind that whenever I change something like "Alles weerge.." I will change it everywhere for the sake of consistency.

Edit: Since no one responded I took matters into my own hand. Interpunction should be consisted across the board according to Dutch interpunction. Text that was too long has been shortened while still remaining it's original translation. Found some other silly translations I didn't find before which have been fixed as well. The Dutch translation should be near perfect now.

Edit 2: Osu!test has just been updated with the new translations. Extremely satisfied with the Dutch translation now. Everything fits nicely and is in proper Dutch. Consistency is also a lot better now.
- Marco -
somebody wroted something wrong, corrected.
Topic Starter
peppy
Lots of new strings related to raw input!
kyun_DELETED
Due to changes in windows, this requires "Raw Input" to be enabled. It has been turned on for you.
Is this supposed to be Windows or actually windows? Not quite sure.
XPJ38
These new lines were tough to localise :o
Btw peppy, could you add a new line for "240fps"? Around line 32 in the Google Doc.

edit (2014-02-21): I've edited a lot of strings in the French options menu, more specifically in the Input and Online tabs. I wanted to get rid of these numerous "Show", "Hide" and "Enable" verbs that take space for nothing, are very redundant and useless anyway since context is explicit enough for people to understand the meaning of the option even without them. French translators, please take a look and proofread :)

I edited some English strings as well:
MenuTip_6: removed "Ctrl/Space" since nobody use these keys
MenuTip_7 and 11: replaced "FAQ" by "wiki"
FunSpoiler_Dim_Tooltip: removed "(maximum limit: {1}%)" since it is no longer applicable
Shadoxfix

XPJ38 wrote:

MenuTip_6: removed "Ctrl/Space" since nobody use these keys
MenuTip_7 and 11: replaced "FAQ" by "wiki"
I'd like to add that I support these changes.
The Dutch translation never had "Ctrl/Space" in the first place as it wouldn't fit well in the sentence.
Noobita
added a lot of hebrew... almost done but some things are really hard/near impossible to translate

EDIT: hebrew 100%... i have no life
Shadoxfix
Heads up everyone, Options_Graphics_OpenGl_Tooltip has had its text changed.
I've gone ahead and translated it for Dutch already.
nomen
Updated Latvian translations.
Kagamin3-chan
What's up with the snow-tooltip in options. Shouldn't it be mentioned that it alternatively could be skinned with "menu-snow.png"?
XPJ38
Everyone please edit Options_TabSkin_CustonKey. It isn't "Hit ESC to cancel" anymore but "Hit ESC to go back".
Topic Starter
peppy

G4R4Su wrote:

What's up with the snow-tooltip in options. Shouldn't it be mentioned that it alternatively could be skinned with "menu-snow.png"?
No. Skinning is never mentioned in tooltips.
Kagamin3-chan
Just thought it may confuse people if the tooltip says "modeicons will fall" and it won't.
Reverting German translation to the intended.
- Marco -
Added Italian traslation of the new rows
Saturnalize
Done some translation (Indonesia), 100% has reached yay
Kabu
Done some translation on the new options tooltips. (Portuguese localisation 100%)
bem13
Reached 100% with the Hungarian game translation.
XPJ38
5 new strings available!

ChatEngine_UserInvited
OptionsManiaBindingWizard_KeyConfig
Options_UpdateStream
Options_UpdateStrategy_Stable
Options_UpdateStrategy_CuttingEdge
show more