forum

osu! Community Localisation Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
peppy

Souen- wrote:

Filled in most of the Japanese blanks, and fixed any mistakes that caught my eyes.
I don't know if it was always 99%, but it is right now.
I was expecting to have to go through and fix stuff, but you've made some awesome fixes there. Good job.
ZHSteven
Translate Chinese FAQ to 97.83%. the only 6 cells i really dont know how to translate TAT
S o h

peppy wrote:

I was expecting to have to go through and fix stuff, but you've made some awesome fixes there. Good job.
Thanks!

I was translating some Japanese FAQs and noticed... some of these FAQs would only make sense in English, in example, !alot command. Keeping completion in percentage may not be a good idea.
Topic Starter
peppy
Added bancho status messages to localisable strings.
Deif
Spanish is again at 100%!
DingGGu
Korean is again 100%.

when you apply Korean Localization?

+ please add IRC localization.
Niva
Finally got Indonesian at 100% (had been doing this together with Winshley, Rei Hakurei, and probably a few others~)

Some strings could still use better translation, but for now it should be fine/understandable enough imo (might look for some other capable and interested translators later to help with wordings and such)
-GN
Norwegian is now at 100% because I have nothing better to do.

I'm a bit iffy at some of the strings, but all of them should be decently understandable at this point. Anyone capable of writing a decent translation should probably take a look, or at least tell me if there's anything stupid left.
XPJ38
Indonesian, Filipino, Portuguese and Arabic: please see the remark I wrote in country-maps @ !faq commands.

By the way, I just noticed that some new entries have recently been added in the faq commands, so you might check them out ;)
S o h
Updated Japanese, says 100% but there's one row that's not translated.
I'll leave that to somebody that's familiar with osu!mania.
Topic Starter
peppy
Added candidates for score submission, management, replays and associated errors/messaging.
tiper
Updated russian localisation.
UPD: russian is at 100%
UPD2: 100% again :>
Topic Starter
peppy
MenuTip_29 added.
S o h
Filled in all new slots for Japanese.
XPJ38
I added !faq grammar back, it was deleted for some unknown reason.
bomber34
corrected some spelling mistakes for the german FAQ translation.
nomen
Me and Forseen have translated game to Latvian.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Updated Croatian translations, it should be done 100% in the next 48 hours.
Topic Starter
peppy
Added new localisable strings for spectator and chat.
Leeg
I've posted a few questions about some English entries in the google drive document... I don't mind posting them here if it is more comfortable for all of you...
statementreply
Updated zh-CHS translation of new strings.
- Marco -
Added some it translation...
Ameko
pepijs davaj hurry @latvian pls
ok
XPJ38
Perfected the new strings of the French localisation. Thanks to whoever did the job before me!

Little question: where is ChatEngine_AlreadyInMatch used?
Also, it would be nice to have this string available to localise: "You will no longer hear <user>" appearing after having successfully ignored somebody with /ignore.

Marcin
Updated polish to 100%.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Croatian is at 100%.
S o h
Updated Japanese, I left a row blank because I had no idea where it shows that message...
nomen
Updated Latvian to 100%
tiper
Fixed some russian stuff. I had to do that because my eyes were bleeding.
Leeg
Does anybody know how to fix this? Lines are overlapping.

Topic Starter
peppy
For now, please make the lines shorter.
hoLysoup
added a few more translations + edits here and there for chinese traditional
Niva
Ah, I wonder if this is intentional? The string is same as Options_Online_ChatIgnoreList_Tooltip's first sentence, it results in this anyway (shown while typing /help) :

XPJ38
So this feature has been implemented in the test build:

Apparently, FunSpoiler_BackgroundDim, FunSpoiler_Storyboard, FunSpoiler_Skin and FunSpoiler_Hitsounds are now used twice: in the visual settings popup and in the options menu.

Could it be possible to have seperate strings for both of these locations? One in the singular form for the VS and the other in the plural form for the options menu. Right now, it sounds weird in some languages to have the singular form used in the options menu while all of the beatmaps are concerned by the toggles.
Topic Starter
peppy
Added beatmap import strings.

@XPJ38 sure, done.
XPJ38
Great, thanks!
Also, you forgot to use FunSpoiler_Dim_Tooltip for this string here under the Graphics tab:

Btw, I suppose that "(maximum limit: {1}%)" in FunSpoiler_Dim_Tooltip isn't useful anymore now that everybody can dim BGs at 100%?
Topic Starter
peppy
Will fix that later.
tiper
Updated some russian localisation again. Looks a bit better.
- Marco -
Translated something in italian.
tiper
Will there be a possibility to translate some editor stuff? I know that some players can't deal with english language in it.
show more