forum

osu! Community Localisation Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
peppy
horizontal lines in osu!mania that occur at the start of each musical bar (length).
XPJ38
Thanks.
ReVeNg3r

Dasiel wrote:

Well by the quality of your english posts here on the forum I doubt you're capable of translating it and I feel really sorry for slovak community, even if it's a free translation, I don't think you should bother doing it, if your english is not on at least fluent level.
If you dont like it, nobody forces you to use it.Translation is quite understandable for everyone from slovakia and even czech rep (except for you).
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Hi, I started to do Croatian translations and have them saved on my PC so when I'm done I'm thinking of just copying and pasting them into the table. I have a question. Do I simply add a new column to the table and name it Croatian etc. and just make it look like the other columns, the only difference being croatian translation? I'm not very familiar with google drive. Or I have to do something else first to make Croatian translations "functionable"?
Leeg

Obys wrote:

Updated some spanish translations.

Please, before editing, check the comments on each translation, so that you make sure you are not spoiling translations which had been already fixed in other version. For instance, I've seen some changes that shouldn't have been done, because the text now doesn't fit in the screen.

Please, if you are not taking this seriously, I mean, checking in game context and reading everything, don't edit the document.

Also avoid literal translations, PLEASE.
Topic Starter
peppy

Meikyuuiri Tsumi wrote:

Hi, I started to do Croatian translations and have them saved on my PC so when I'm done I'm thinking of just copying and pasting them into the table. I have a question. Do I simply add a new column to the table and name it Croatian etc. and just make it look like the other columns, the only difference being croatian translation? I'm not very familiar with google drive. Or I have to do something else first to make Croatian translations "functionable"?
I will add croatian for you now.

As a note to other translators, keep in mind you can test your translations by editing your language's txt file in the Localisation folder (in the odu! directory). You will need to restart osu! after making changes.
Leeg

peppy wrote:

As a note to other translators, keep in mind you can test your translations by editing your language's txt file in the Localisation folder (in the odu! directory). You will need to restart osu! after making changes.
Any tips for easy copy&pasting from the spreadsheet to the txt?

I think I can do that with some regular expressions and ultra-edit or notepad++, but I was wondering if there was something easier.
Anyway, useful tips are not localisable yet in our osu! version.
Dasiel_old

ReVeNg3r wrote:

Dasiel wrote:

Well by the quality of your english posts here on the forum I doubt you're capable of translating it and I feel really sorry for slovak community, even if it's a free translation, I don't think you should bother doing it, if your english is not on at least fluent level.
If you dont like it, nobody forces you to use it.Translation is quite understandable for everyone from slovakia and even czech rep (except for you).
Huh dude, I'm just saying the quality of your "translation" is lacking in various ways and and in some cases it's even misleading like with the example I've showed you, sure it''s "understandable" but I think peppy is aiming for an accurate translation, not some made up bullshit like you've showed us so far. Not to mention the grammar errors you've made in OUR mother tongue in said "translation". The sad thing is that the "Slovak community" here consists of Me, you, Pete guy and ibavnoci. I won't use nor need Slovak translation, but if you're going to represent Slovak translation here you should rethink the way you're translating it or just drop it.
ReVeNg3r
There are more slovak players just you don't know about them because

Dasiel wrote:

I hate slovak osu! community
so why you do care so much?if you won't help then stfu.
Rei Hakurei

peppy wrote:

is it without line feed is ok? well i try with wordpad for now~
is it supports more translation (that not included in table ?)
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Done with Croatian translation.
lolcubes

Meikyuuiri Tsumi wrote:

Ran a quick check (I was actually working on this myself however some words always came out wrong haha, so didn't translate that much), and fixed some minor spelling errors (missing letters, certain wrong context and uppercase letters).

Nice job there, couldn't have done it this good myself.
:D
Meikyuuiri Tsumi

lolcubes wrote:

Meikyuuiri Tsumi wrote:

Ran a quick check (I was actually working on this myself however some words always came out wrong haha, so didn't translate that much), and fixed some minor spelling errors (missing letters, certain wrong context and uppercase letters).

Nice job there, couldn't have done it this good myself.
:D
Thanks for fixing it. It was late at night but I guess there is no excuse. :)
Topic Starter
peppy
In-game translations have been updated. They should propagate over the next 24 hours to all clients.
DJ Angel
Made the revision of the portuguese translation, most of it its well positioned but, some of them are mostly cutted because of the screen limit compared to the decreased number of characters on the original (english) version

could fix most of those ''bugs'', and would like to give a tip to translators:

on the offset one, be carefull to use ctr+space to make a paragraph, otherwise the text will continue and be cutted (too bad I only realized now...)

requesting a new update of localisation in-game ASAP

ps: Some of the texts are not yet on the doc to translate, like "You must login to Bancho and be connected before playing online" or "Scores could not be retrieved" other example its on the options>online tab the "Automatically log private messages" doesn't have the translation itself neither the definition on it (when hover). There are more similar cases, but I guess you get the idea
Topic Starter
peppy
Localisation is not yet complete on the game-side. It will continue to be added progressively.
A nother
[google:d0384]嗯嗯[/google:d0384]
Zejky
this is wonderful
Yuki-kun
Done with vietnamese translation. :D
Translated by many osu! player from Vietnam and re-check by me :D
Azalea
Korean Translation is complete..

Many Korean players are glad to localisation project :)
Oddasat90
I'll take care about Finnish translation now. I also fix some mistakes for sentences which was already translated, but I'll focus more to non-translated sentences. ^^
VoidnOwO

Oddasat90 wrote:

I'll take care about
Good luck...
MieraK
Just finished czech translation. I will try to get someone to re-check it for me, since some stuff like "unranked" is pretty hard to translate properly and its pretty late aswell. I will be glad if some of you, czech guys read this and can check it. Most probably there is a lot of diacritic missing since i dont use it. (I even had to install czech keyboard layout for this)

Also I did check the slovakian translation and some stuff there doesnt even make sense as Dasiel said(cant correct it myself since i dont speak that language properly).
Just to point a few out.
SPOILER

tohle je tip v hlavnim menu, jak na to ma asi nekdo kliknout?

upravit? utilise znamena vyuzit a ne upravit
StarhunteR_old
Перекладаю на українську мову. Допомога не завадить)

Cant enable ukrainian language in game.. Fix please..
XPJ38
What do FunSpoiler_Visual and FunSpoiler_Settings refer to? I thought it was refering to that:

Topic Starter
peppy
It is, yes.
XPJ38
Well, the game doesn't translate them.

Small note to the translators: be careful when you translate those words, in some languages the noun comes before the adjective so you have to switch them if this is the case.
Leeg
Small note to the translators: be careful when you translate those words, in some languages the noun comes before the adjective so you have to switch them if this is the case.
Sure, I've already changed the order of this in Spanish. :P

Btw, is the google document private now? :/
Lightyear8684
I can help with Lithuanian language localisation :)
Cristian
wtf with the spanish transate...

I fix some stuff.
XPJ38
peppy, could you please post something in this thread each time there is a new sentence to translate in order to notify us, if it's not too much to ask? Translation is being slow now because nobody is informed :?

For the people reading this thread, here are the new sentences to translate:
  1. User_Filter_Country ("Country")
  2. Options_ResetAllBindings ("Reset All Bindings")
  3. Options_ResetAllBindings_Confirm ("Are you sure you want to reset ALL bindings to defaults?")
  4. Option_Graphics_ShowUnicode ("Show unicode")
Topic Starter
peppy
Okay, I will from now on. Please subscribe to this thread.
lolcubes
Updated the croatian one, hopefully it's not off.
Ephemeral
New lines to be translated:

Options_Online_LogPrivateMessages - Automatically log private messages
Options_Online_LogPrivateMessages_Tooltip - Enabling this option will automatically log all private messages sent and received to the Chat folder in txt format.
Options_Online_BlockNonFriendPM - Block private messages from non-friends
Options_Online_BlockNonFriendPM_Tooltip - You will not receive any private messages from users who are not on your friends list if this option is enabled.
Options_Online_BlockNonFriendPM_Toggle_On - You are now ignoring all private messages from everyone except your friends.
Options_Online_BlockNonFriendPM_Toggle_Off - You are no longer ignoring private messages from non-friends.
Bancho_NoFriendPMBlocked - {0} is currently blocking private messages from people not on their friends list!
XPJ38
"Prefer non-English metadata" is probably beyond understanding for at least 99% of the community. I am not even sure myself: is it the possibility to display the song title and song artist in their non-romanised version in the game (e.g. 初音ミク instead of "Hatsune Miku")?

I'd suggest to use a more explicit sentence, or to add a tooltip for better comprehension. Otherwise, because space is very limited here, are you okay if the translation takes up 2 or 3 lines? Like this:

(litterally "Display map titles in their original language when possible" - Imo the best translation when there is no tooltip)
Leeg
I've translated that as: "Always show song data in its original language".
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Finished up Croatian translations. I hope it's ok.
Leeg
Could we have banchobot messages in this document too or in another new one? I'd like to correct some mistakes in its Spanish translation.

Edit: Nevermind, TicClick told me how to read all of them together, I'll correct them myself and will send them to #Spanish moderators.
DJ Angel
Updated portuguese translation, some of the new lines were hidden among already translated ones
Winshley
Completed Indonesian translation, though I'm still a little unsure about the "Reset All Bindings" part.

Speaking of which, is Ctrl key actually being used in-game (as in "This option will disable all mouse buttons. Specifically for people who use Z/X/Ctrl/Space to click." under "Disable mouse button" tooltip)?

I also noticed some no-longer-exist options such as "Always confirm before exiting osu!" (though you can still adjust it by manually modify the "ConfirmExit" on the CFG file).

Btw, I used "Use non-Latin text" for Indonesian. :P
show more