forum

Movie Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Detective Tuesday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cuddlebun

adam2046 wrote:

My favourite movie would have to be Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
ooh Monty Python...<3

what was the one with the guy named Brian who was like the stupid Christ or something...A Day in the Life of Brian? Loved that one. Bigis Dicis.
Loginer
The Holy Grail >>>>> Life of Brian. Fact.
Neo@lex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
adam2046
I watched Akira when I was like 5, it's so very hard to get bored of a mmovie like Akira at that age because you're not actually focusing on the dialog, but yeah, I have to watch that again.

Anyway, anyone seen Blade Runner?
I have yet to watch more than 10 minutes of it (again this was when i was 5ish) and I'd like to know which cut is the best.
Detective Tuesday
Topic Starter
adam2046
Is this the Chun Li one?
Have you seen the original live action Street Fighter? It's beyond awesome.
"Carlos Blanka...Charlie."
Intentions to "Kidnap their Queen."
The laughable performance of JCVD.
And the timeless line "Quick! Change the channel!"

Also "RYE!OO!"
Loginer
"For you, the day Bison grazed your village... was the most important day of your life. But for me?
It was Tuesday."
"Something wrong, colonel? You come here to fight a madman, and instead you found... a god?"
"You still refuse to accept my godhood? Keep your own God! In fact, this might be a good time to pray to Him! For I beheld Satan, as he FELL FROM HEAVEN! LIKE LIIIGHTNIIIING!!"

Bison alone makes the first Street Fighter movie awesome.
Slain087
Got shumps on your mind, Loginer?

I just saw "Taken" earlier today, it was pretty good. Made me wonder how it might have went down (minus the whole kidnapping the daughter thing) with Naked Snake.
VincentLaw
Loginer
I've recently obtained a "ticket". I'll watch it in a few hours, while eating pizza.
Let's just hope I get to keep my lunch inside my stomach. D:
VincentLaw
hahaha well if it doesn't make you puke it can be at least watcheable

i think i will watch it @ this week
Loginer
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Chun-Li often fights with a stick, Gen seems to be about 30 years old, Charlie can't fight, Vega is a silent faggot, Balrog doesn't box, BISON IS A BUSINESSMAN WITH GREY HAIR AND A SUIT, the fighting scenes are lame, the special effects are awful, the movie is filled with Hollywood clichés (even the classic jump-from-exploding-building is in), the story is boring as fuck and generally spits the SF canon in the face, and the actors even mispronounce things like Shadaloo and Ryu. Whoever wrote the script should've been forced to read the Udon comics first.
Detective Tuesday
CheeseWarlock
awp
Futurama 4: Into the Green Yonder (or whatever it was called) was a good movie. Better than the 2nd and 3rd for sure.
VincentLaw

Loginer wrote:

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Chun-Li often fights with a stick, Gen seems to be about 30 years old, Charlie can't fight, Vega is a silent faggot, Balrog doesn't box, BISON IS A BUSINESSMAN WITH GREY HAIR AND A SUIT, the fighting scenes are lame, the special effects are awful, the movie is filled with Hollywood clichés (even the classic jump-from-exploding-building is in), the story is boring as fuck and generally spits the SF canon in the face, and the actors even mispronounce things like Shadaloo and Ryu. Whoever wrote the script should've been forced to read the Udon comics first.
so it's a great NO-NO then :D

you have been rickroll'd by holliwud

hmmm i watched Valkyrie today and was entertaining
Topic Starter
adam2046
I intend to see Watchmen at some point.
I didn't really find the book to be OMG BEST EVER! but that's just me, there are alot of interesting bits though.
Mogsy
I intend to see Watchman at some point, but won't be paying any money of my own to see it. >_>

Anyways, I have been fairly disappointed by most movies I've seen this year, so I'm going to watch The Princess Bride. Again.
Topic Starter
adam2046
I watched Princess Bride for the first time about a month ago (god what the hell have been doing?).
chan
I watched a bunch of movies during my overseas travels, partly due to cheap ticket prices and partly due to free wireless ^^ Also watched a few in flight.

-Good Movies
The Shawshank Redemption
My Sassy Girl
Back to the Future
Back to the Future Part II
Back to the Future Part III
Red Cliff
Red Cliff 2
Fight Club
Slumdog Millionaire
Ip Man
The Dark Knight

-Ok Movies
Body Of Lies
Yes Man
Crying Out Love in the Centre of the World
E.T. (English Teacher)
Valkyrie
40 Year Old Virgin
Transporter 3

-Crap
New In Town
Bedtime Stories
The Spirit
awp
eee
Detective Tuesday
Watchmen was absolutely incredible... Usually when I put "absolutely" before a adjective, it means something. Go see it.

Not much else to say without spoiling anything.
awp
The Watchmen was a good movie

and the soundtrack was phenomenal and I totally, definitely mean that in a serious it-actually-was way. When 99 Red Balloons came on I was all, "Fuck yeah, I dig it".
Loginer

:/
VincentLaw
OMFG? :O

sands of TAIM? :O

i will see watchmen today prolly
Pokebis
I just saw Watchmen.
IT BLEW MY MIND

I'm serious, may have been the best movie I've ever seen. Better than 300.
I'd read about half the novel and noticed they basically used the words in the novel as the script. And like awp says the soundtrack is amazing. Whether you've read the novel or book or not, it's worth seeing five times. It's amazing.
chan
I have yet to watch Watchmen, but based on this trailer, I will probably pay money to see it.
Topic Starter
adam2046
Ok so I saw Silent Hill, thoughts?

For me it was DAMN FUCKING AWESOME!
Sure whole lots of it was utter crap, replacing the main character with a woman, adding whole lots of crap that is totally not needed and then they put Pyramid Head in for absolutley no rea- HOLY CRAP PYRAMID HEAD IS AWESOME!
So yeah it stands up quite well by itself, then you add in the catering for the fans of the games, I swear the alley scene (which by far is one of the creepiest things ever) is recreated with the camera angles and everything, but then they replace the creepy ass chicken kids with CREEPY ASS BURNING BABIES OH GOD!
AND THEN PYRAMID HEAD RIPS A GIRLS SKIN RIGHT OFF!
THIS MOVIE RULES!
THIS MOVIE IS UTTER SHITE!
THIS MOVIE RULES LIKE NO OTHER SHITE!

So I liked it, unnecessary parts are unnecessary, the characters changes/additions are stupid...
And the art direction, OMG it fucking rules!
+ the music is taken directly from the game.
This is one of the best game movies ever.

PS. I'm an expert necromancer.
awp
Thanks for the thread bump.

I just watched "Doomsday", and it is one of the most awesome movies I've ever seen. It's like a blend of RE5 and Fallout 3, but it's also the movie that has just about everything in it except for time travel. Probably the best movie I've seen since The Dark Knight. It mighta been better than Watchmen. I dunno. Close one.
Cuddlebun
Which Doomsday? There's several that I know of.

Describe the plot
nuudles
I saw Terminator Salvation last night. Wasn't terrible, but it wasn't absolutely stellar either.
Mogsy
So, I've got a knack for watching terrible horror movies. Here's three films I've watched recently:

Du Saram-Yida - translates literally from Korean to "Someone Behind You", and it was released with English subtitles in America as Voices for the 2008 After Dark Horrorfest. Basically, a young girl becomes the target of a 'curse' of some sort that infected people around her (especially in her family; aunts pushing each other off balconies and wives stabbing their children), and now she can't trust anybody, not even herself. This is different from most Korean horror I've seen simply due to the fact that it's absolutely gory. Generally, Korean horror gravitates more towards stuff like Janghwa, Hongryeon/A Tale of Two Sisters (or for those looking for a more Western example, Jacob's Ladder); psychological horror. This movie tries to be both gory and complex, and it succeeds at both, sure, but it ends up being incredibly ambiguous with the plot, never really going in to actually explain anything. Sure, it might be what the writer wanted the viewer to think, but it's frustrating to watch when you try to piece everything together. It's not that great of a flick, anyways; if you want to test your patience/ability to piece a stupid plot together, then go ahead and watch it. It's just too inaccessible for people besides those previously mentioned, diehard import fans, or mental masochists.
Mogsy's opinion: skip it

Autopsy - the only other Horrorfest '08 movie I saw, and it's honestly the reason I stopped to watch them. It's got all of the horror movie clichés; stupid people being dragged to a place they shouldn't be going to, them being idiots and not being suspicious of the weird cast of doctors and nurses in an abandoned hospital, and not running whenever they had the fucking chance to. Okay, here's a basic plot breakdown: college graduates go to Mardi Gras one last time, accidentally run into someone who has escaped from a hospital and subsequently crash their car, are rushed to a hospital that has a four-person staff, and they are all called into O.R.s one by one and are either brutally slaughtered or have vivisections performed on them. The film is gory to points where a naked guy with a hole in his stomach runs up to one of the short-lived supporting cast characters and pours his organs and blood all over her, to which she replies by running out of the room (AFTER LETTING THE GUY EMPTY HIS ORGANS ON HER) and promptly stops to look in the eyes of one of the nurses and gets punched in the face; and another of such points shows one of the characters with ALL OF HIS ORGANS hanging around the room (literally suspended by wire). The movie ends on a "suspenseful" note, sure, but it's more like a "WHAT THE FUCK, WHY DIDN'T YOU GET OUT WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE" moment. Essentially, if you want to see people be dumbasses, be my guest and watch this pile of crap. I must say that the girl getting punched in the face was the only good part of this movie.
Mogsy's verdict: skip it

The Strangers - Yet another American horror film, I swear, I rarely stray away from imports, but damn, I'm glad I did this time. Plot is simple enough: girl and guy get back to the guy's summer home after a wedding reception, and at four in the morning, a suspicious girl knocks on the door asking for someone who doesn't live there, and then shit goes down; weird noises, knocks at the door, doors slamming, cut phone lines, the works. A group of three people in masks are stalking them, and it eventually ends with the two being brutally murdered. Simple plot, yes, but this movie does such a terrific job with setting up the atmosphere that there really is little need for the tiny amounts of gore in the movie. It gives the viewer such a paranoid feeling, and it's compelling to see how they're going to scare you next. To be honest, it's a simple movie with a great atmosphere. The faults about it are the simple plot (compared to what I'm used to) and the slow pace. However, the movie passes by at a slow pace so it can achieve its atmospheric awesomeness. Yes, I like this movie, wanna fight about it? Just watch it if you feel like slowly getting more and more frightened (imagine playing an old Silent Hill game, that's sorta what it's like).
Mogsy's verdict: watch it, sucka

Sorry for the novel-like post, just me being overly obsessed with horror movies.
awp

Todesengal wrote:

Which Doomsday? There's several that I know of.

Describe the plot
Scotland is put under quarantine when the "Reaper" virus causes a massive outbreak, and though help is promised, it never comes. Everyone is assumed dead, and nobody's allowed in or out. Thirty or so years later, satellite feed reveals that there are people still alive, meaning someone must have found a cure for the virus, so a team goes in to look for it.
Cuddlebun
Okay that's the one I was thinking of. Fuckin' love that movie.

"We're gonna catch them, we're gonna cook them, AND WE'RE GOING TO EAT THEMMMMM".

The one thing I don't understand; when they're first driving that tank through the countryside, there's a shitload of cows. Why don't the people just eat those instead of each other?
Topic Starter
adam2046
Highly recommend Wanted as an action film, not as anything else.
awp
I saw Wanted a week or so ago, and enjoyed it. It even had Morgan Freeman in it. That's awesome.
Topic Starter
adam2046
I only truly started to get really into it when he STUCK HIS GUN THROUGH A DUDES HEAD.
That was just awesome.
Also it has the director of Nightwatch (A quite enjoyable yet hard to follow and weird film) and the main actor from that who's acting I quite enjoy.
Loginer
show more