forum

[Any Rank] Relax/Forcemod Battle Royale, Sightread FL 2, Situps Tournament + more!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CCleanerShot

Google Sheets          Discord           Stream           Calender           Mappool

https://discord.gg/cCepwjG is the discord link incase the hyperlink is broken

Quick Introduction

A series of quick and casual tournament-esque events (some will actually be tournaments) that consist of random ideas we come up with. I've always done these for a while, but this time around there are gonna come at a faster rate and last for much less, trying to emphasis its relaxed environment (no pun intended)

Quick Dates

April 3rd-5th: RELAX BATTLE ROYALE
April 10th-12th: FORCEMOD BATTLE ROYALE
April 17th-May 3rd: Sightread FL
May 15th-June 5th: Situps Tournament its what it sounds like

Quick Registration

FOR THE 2 BATTLE ROYALES, THEY EXIST AS OPEN LOBBIES, MEANING NO REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. It is recommended to join the discord, because it will be there that I give exact times on when the lobbies start.

If for some reason, you cannot use discord and want updates, feel free to say it in this forum post and I'll message you on lobby creations

Sightread FL 2 - I will create a new forum post announcing registrations, with many details and mappool to come with it on the date above

Situps Tournament - I will create a new forum post announcing registrations, with many details to come with it on the date above. This will be a hard-meme 2v2 tournament, but don't worry about needing video to record urself doing situps!

          To start off, I'll showcase the 4 incoming events, 2 of which will be announced as this post.

The Relax Battle Royale event will be a weekend-long series of lobbies. Being with of course, the relax mod, the lobbies will consist of a battle royale system, kicking those in last place up to the last person.

              April 3rd - 5th

All details on format will be in the google sheet, but here will be the quick things on it
  1. Win Condition: Accuracy
  2. FM/HR/DT/HD picks, HD optional on DT
  3. People who are eliminated will pick the next map
  4. Mappool is split into 2 parts throughout the lobby. This is so early players aren't overwhelmed, and later players aren't snoozed.
  5. Lobbies will last between 9/11 maps
  6. There will be 3+ seperate lobbies. Times will be in the discord and google sheets

Like its relax counterpart, the Forcemod Battle Royale event will last an entire weekend. This time around though, the entire mappool will be forcemod picks. This means forcing the entire lobby to play on certain mods, from the usual NM/HD/HR/DT, to now FL, EZ, and HT mods.

              April 10th - 12th

Exact details will be released on the same google sheet a week after the Relax Battle Royale's conclusion (mappools and rules are already finished), but here are key things to expect from this event
  1. Win Condition: Scorev1
  2. NM | HR | DT | HD | EZ | FL | HT stand as the 7 available mods
  3. People who are eliminated will pick the next map
  4. Mappool is split into 2 parts throughout the lobby. This is so early players aren't overwhelmed, and later players aren't snoozed.
  5. Lobbies will last 7 maps
  6. There will be 3+ seperate lobbies. Times will be in the discussed in discord, but its around the same times as the Relax Battle Royale.

Sightread FL 2 will last a longer 2/3 weeks with schedule voting in preliminaries, and rescheduling at finals. The mappool will look like a standard mappool with all FL forced, with the enticing catch of them all being sightread.

              April 17th - May 3rd

The exact details again won't be laid out on a sheet, but as you can see by the #2 next to the name, this one will work similarly to the previous, which worked like this:
  1. Win Condition: Scorev1
  2. Matches will work as qualifier style lobbies. Week 1 will consist of a handle of lobbies, with winners determined by a peer2peer point system. The 2nd week will gather the top scores from Week 1 lobbies into 1 mega qualifier-like lobby, determine who will enter the Finals. The finals will attempt to mock a standard match, but all map pick/bans will be blind.
  3. Week 1 dates will be determined by player-selected dates, not needing a majority vote as it can span multiple lobbies.
  4. Week 2 dates will be determined by player-selected dates, needing a majority vote as it is only 1 lobby
  5. And of course, forced FL with multiplayer lobby links left hidden.

This is exactly what it sounds like. A single elimination 2v2 bracket where you could win the whole thing without playing a single map. Doing situps.

              May 15th - June 5th

This tournament will last between 3-4 weeks, with reschedules available throughout all weeks. As I said before, you could win the entire thing without playing the game, but those not as physically capable will end up playing the actual game.
  1. Win Condition: Scorev2 (or situps lol)
  2. Teams are allowed 1/2 backups. Backups will be required to play qualifiers, becoming a factor in the team's seed.
  3. Week 1 will be a qualifiers. You will not have to play the mappool during this week. You will be judged on the amount of situps your team can do, and be seeded solely on the amount of situps you can do.
  4. Weeks 2+ will be bracket.
  5. Matches are divided into 2 phases, the situps phase, and the play stage. It is possible to skip the play stage. Before a match, players will ban/pick maps from a given mappool. After this, the match starts:
    1. Phase 1 of the match will consist of situps. Thru either audio (mic), video or peer approved verification, players will start to do situps at a timer start. At the exhaustion of both teams, scores will be tallied, and if your teams score exceeds the other by a certain amount (currently double),
      they automatically win the match. If the scores are close, the winning team will start at a 2/3 point advantage, and start phase 2.
    2. Phase 2 is a best of 3/5 standard match using the same players. From the pre-picked maps, players are expected to play as usual until a winner is determined.

At the end of these 4, there will of course be more, but for now I will just list these next 4. If you would like to suggest another event, feel free to let me know!

Also, if you want to staff for this event, let me know too. We already have enough, but extra staff/commentators/streamers would be nice.
Molly Sandera
wait what's a situp?
Topic Starter
CCleanerShot
It's when you go from a sit-down, to a sit-up.