forum

What are your osu! goals?

posted
Total Posts
show more
MillhioreF

Squiddy wrote:

I feel that my gameplay is somewhat limited by only having access to a laptop, cause all the pros seem to only play on desktops.?
CXu plays on a laptop, and he's top 50. There's probably laptop players even higher than him, too. (Also I play on a laptop, but I don't think I count for much ^^;)
Lance

kriers wrote:

12889 plays - Yui Horie - Silky Heart (TV Size) [vincerio's Minori-Insane]

inb4 Silynn gets banned for exploiting perfect mode bug
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/Silynn
silmarilen
ahahahaha
kriers
nyoro~n
thelewa

theowest wrote:

current goals:

mod and map a lot.
become an admin.
dear christ no

please no
JappyBabes
quitting is for scrubs
silmarilen

thelewa wrote:

theowest wrote:

current goals:

mod and map a lot.
become an admin.
dear christ no

please no
PaiYuri
Generally, I don't really have specific goals (just a general "getting better"). But I think being able to finish a beatmap on hard would be one. That's not exactly much, but when I started with osu!, playing a rhythm game without completely failing on any difficulty was still quite a novel concept for me.
Kalle_old_1
dye my hair black and and morph into Cookiezi.
-Ryosuke
stream at 350 BPM :(
raww_old
Since I was around #80k I've wanted to surpass my friend http://osu.ppy.sh/u/ltukezl, been slacking a lot lately though.

He has been in army since july, but he is still much better than me.. fml

Also
- Being able to stream (Played mouse only for 17k plays, now when I switched to kb its a little easier, but I still fail at it.
- Being able to pass 230+ bpm songs with a relatively good accuracy
Topic Starter
ryza

Squiddy wrote:

1. Hit 4,000 pp.
2. Achieve rank #1 on any map and hold it for a month. 2 or 3 more weeks to go, though I'll probably lose it now that I said that.

I feel that my gameplay is somewhat limited by only having access to a laptop, cause all the pros seem to only play on desktops. Also can't seem to get a good, comfortable grip on my mouse while playing. :?
I play laptop as well.

Well, I'm probably considered a "pro"

maybe
JappyBabes
have a rank that actually represents my skill ha that's never going to happen
Mismagius
stop being hated

and play good for at least once
VelperK

kriers wrote:

12889 plays - Yui Horie - Silky Heart (TV Size) [vincerio's Minori-Insane]

inb4 Silynn gets banned for exploiting perfect mode bug
and i thought my cirno tag4 rec was hell pc needing...
[Luanny]
- be able to stream 300bpm+ on taiko
- be able to stream 200bpm+ on standard
- be a standard mapper
Bweh
be #1 in my country
kriers

JappyBabes wrote:

Maybe if you stop playing for a few years, the decay will eventually catch up with this rank ;D jk ilu ppybabes ♡

I have recently decided it's time to relearn mouse only
Aqo

kriers wrote:

I have recently decided it's time to relearn mouse only
once you get used to a certain mouse playstyle it's impossible to change >.< w
kriers
the only difference between mouse only and mouse + kb for me is wether I click or not. The grip and dpi remains the same always ;)
zhurai

kriers wrote:

the only difference between mouse only and mouse + kb for me is wether I click or not. The grip and dpi remains the same always ;)
trying to switch from clicking with mouse.... to clicking with kb

so off t_t (I normally only click with kb when I do streams, but trying to do everything is... uguu)
JappyBabes

kriers wrote:

JappyBabes wrote:

Maybe if you stop playing for a few years, the decay will eventually catch up with this rank ;D jk ilu ppybabes ♡
D: ysomean?
Bread
b liek c00keiz

loljk

For a more serious answer, I want to be skilled enough to participate in the owc one day, even if that day is many years away
and uh, rank doesn't really matter as much as skill to me but something above the top 40 in my country would be really nice!

Regarding the community, I want to leave my name in a good, (non frandok) way and actually have people greet when I log into #osu /sniffcry

welp I probably won't achieve any of those but while I'm at it

I want to say be the youngest/high ranker in my country. But to do that I'd have to work pretty quickly lolol
Sorun

Bread wrote:

b liek c00keiz

loljk

For a more serious answer, I want to be skilled enough to participate in the owc one day, even if that day is many years away
and uh, rank doesn't really matter as much as skill to me but something above the top 40 in my country would be really nice!

Regarding the community, I want to leave my name in a good, (non frandok) way and actually have people greet when I log into #osu /sniffcry

welp I probably won't achieve any of those but while I'm at it

I want to say be the youngest/high ranker in my country. But to do that I'd have to work pretty quickly lolol
You're on your way bro, looks like you will be ready for owc 2014 if you keep playing till then. You also have a pretty good name that will be easy to remember xD
thelewa

JappyBabes wrote:

play hd+hr

obtain pp
Bread

Sorun wrote:

You're on your way bro, looks like you will be ready for owc 2014 if you keep playing till then. You also have a pretty good name that will be easy to remember xD
I'd hope so

but for now, all I can do is work on my other goals ;_;
first, becoming a decent rank in US before I turn 15
Toukai
Hmm, I'd like to be able to play alot of insane beatmaps, get a few high ranked scores, achieve a single digit rank, improve my overall playstyle, THE LIST JUST GOES ON AND ON O_O
Andy Chen_old
to quit
Sey
Support osu, help other people, being active. Something else? :p
HanzeR
I want to learn how to make maps that people enjoy playing.

And maybe someday actually play this game again lol
Pizzicato
To FC every miku song here on osu!
I've got a long way to go, thanks to val ;w;
benguin

Sey wrote:

Support osu, help other people, being active. Something else? :p

HanzeR wrote:

I want to learn how to make maps that people enjoy playing.

And maybe someday actually play this game again lol
So many people with goals to improve the community, nice to see that :) Hope your goals work out! :D

Completed Goals:
-pass a song (tutorial xP)
-SS my first map (Hare Hare Yukai [easy]). I don't know how I got this as my first, the map feels so out of rhythm...
-Pass/FC/SS/Get top 40 on a [hard] map (all four of these goals done on Heisei Kappa Lords)
-Pass the Big Black (completed with halftime so far :3)
-Pass Atama no Taisou [angelhoney] (completed with halftime so far)
-Pass every difficulty of Atama no Taisou (all done with halftime so far)
-Pass my first [tag4] map (w/o HT xD) (Cirno's Perfect Math Class [tag4])
-Pass Gold Dust [insane]
-Get my first rank #1 (completed with Densetsu no Matsuri [easy] (HR/HD/DT SS))
-I always set up a short term goal to get within a certain pp rank, increments of 1000

Current Goals:
-Get within the top 6000 for pp rank
-FC Gold Dust [insane] (best is 500 combo right now with one or two misses)
-Pass Atama no Taisou [angelhoney] with no mods (I've recently been able to get past the separated stream/jump thing in the middle so I'm getting there)
-Pass Scarlet Rose (I'm able to make it about 7/8ths in now on a good day)
-Pass Talent Shredder (any diff)
-Pass Can't Defeat Airman (been practicing on AR9, still have trouble with the last 1/8th of the song ;~;)
-Be able to read higher AR's (will ditch this goal if/when they implement user-definable AR's)
-Get 2000 combo achievement

Recently Completed Goals: (very happy with these)
-FC'ed RE: Usatei [lunatic] :D
-FC'ed Poinsettia [lunatic] :D
-Got within top 7000 pp rank
-Broke 4300 raw pp
Kurokami
Being #8 both score and pp in CtB or pass/fc this on Fear/hardest diff. After then I probably quit playing.
Sey

Kurokami wrote:

Being #8 both score and pp in CtB or pass/fc this on Fear/hardest diff. After then I probably quit playing.

Luvvv that glitter. (And this is just a joke ;) ) I will miss you when you leave the community.
And yes, thanks benguin. Of course I wanna help the community!
-Mion-_old
play OD9+ without rage quitting in the middle of the song.
BeatofIke
My goal is to offer mapping/modding assistance to the osu! communtiy! I'm only planning to be a pro at mapping and modding maps, so I can use those skills to help new mappers and moderate the mapping community. I wasn't planning to be a pro player or anything, but at least good enough to test play most insanes when modding! XD
Yarissa
Well my goals are going to be for one month from now once I return from studying abroad. I plan to shoot for top 50 PP once I get back and get used to full area tablet. I also plan to try and stream faster and get used to ar12.
Aqo
My goal right now is to manage to S a map
any map

All of my S/SS ranks are first try plays from my first month when playing only easy maps. Can't even repeat those plays now (tried). Sense of rhythm down to :nonexistent:
Topic Starter
ryza

Aqo wrote:

My goal right now is to manage to S a map
any map

All of my S/SS ranks are first try plays from my first month when playing only easy maps. Can't even repeat those plays now (tried). Sense of rhythm down to :nonexistent:
play even easier maps

don't ruin yourself on hard shit aqo pls
Aqo

Silynn wrote:

play even easier maps

don't ruin yourself on hard shit aqo pls
Took me less than an hour to give up on this goal.

Spent some time on easy maps today morning, got frustrated, went to play 280BPM+DT instead for 3 hours. This game is too hard pfft
Need to play more HalfTime at least that's actually fun and manageable with my goldfish level attention span

no clue how you people can do this seriously FCing a map is crazy. craaaaazzzy
show more