forum

What are your osu! goals?

posted
Total Posts
show more
thelewa

Silynn wrote:

kriers wrote:

I hate to admit but one of my greatest osu! goals is quitting and never returning
why is that the goal of so many pros

pls explain
Because it's almost impossible to quit osu! and it's actually ruining our lives.
zhurai

thelewa wrote:

Silynn wrote:

why is that the goal of so many pros

pls explain
Because it's almost impossible to quit osu! and it's actually ruining our lives.
lol.
so basically addiction.
BrokenArrow
get all the groupies

/thread
Blaziken
This game is like smoking.
Topic Starter
ryza
I hope I'm not addicted...

;_;
rickyboi

Silynn wrote:

in less than a year.

Mine is only 51k in 4 years.
Dasiel_old
My goal is to find a girlfriend in this game, after that she should be rich enough to support my lifestyle and marry me.
Blaziken
M-My play count is 11,004.... Im going too miss my hands.
kriers
I must've tried quitting osu! atleast 50 times since last year. The only reason nobody noticed was because sometimes I'd quit for only a few minutes.
Tanzklaue

kriers wrote:

I must've tried quitting osu! atleast 50 times since last year. The only reason nobody noticed was because sometimes I'd quit for only a few minutes.
that's not quitting, that's going afk.

my record is 4 months. but then I lost a bet, and friends wanted me to play again, so I played again.
MillhioreF
osu! makes me get behind in schoolwork, so I have a valid reason to quit. yet I still can't. D:

edit: also I'm on the support team now, so I have somewhat of an obligation to stay, now that I think about it.
kriers
it's not going afk if I'm telling myself i just quit the game forever- until I fired up the client again.
winber1

rickyboi wrote:

Silynn wrote:

in less than a year.

Mine is only 51k in 4 years.
holy shit, silynn, how do you have like 21k playcount in octboer. HOLY SHIT TEACH ME.

..wait, actually, don't teach me. nvm
kriers
12889 plays - Yui Horie - Silky Heart (TV Size) [vincerio's Minori-Insane]

inb4 Silynn gets banned for exploiting perfect mode bug
Shilkey
Oh boy here we go
winber1
Does that random thing I heard about "The song must complete 20 or so notes before it actually counts as a playcount" not exist? and/or is not true anymore?

I never really tried testing it out.
Xarmog
I'm hoping I can get into the top 1000, I really dream about it. But, well, I get concerned that maybe... because of stumpy, it won't happen. But I have hope! I haven't been even trying to raise my PP at all though. I had rank 11000 something at one point but it just keeps getting worse.
Topic Starter
ryza

winber1 wrote:

holy shit, silynn, how do you have like 21k playcount in octboer. HOLY SHIT TEACH ME.

..wait, actually, don't teach me. nvm
what kriers said
winber1
1. Find Anime Theme/Ending songs
2. Rank on the Hard difficulty
3. ???
4. Profit

edit: you actually just left perfect mode running by accident or something? wat
kriers
I believe it only worked in CtB
zhurai
anyone who plays more than me is addicted to this game >:D

because I guess I'm getting addicted personally... already... even though I suck r_r
MillhioreF

winber1 wrote:

Does that random thing I heard about "The song must complete 20 or so notes before it actually counts as a playcount" not exist? and/or is not true anymore?

It exists, but it's a "X amount of notes *or* X amount of time passed" requirement. That map in CTB only has notes in the middle to start with, so the player survives long enough for it to count as a play.
Ohrami

Xarmog wrote:

I'm hoping I can get into the top 1000, I really dream about it. But, well, I get concerned that maybe... because of stumpy, it won't happen. But I have hope! I haven't been even trying to raise my PP at all though. I had rank 11000 something at one point but it just keeps getting worse.
You already proved that your handicap does not affect your gameplay at all

Except it might make some repeat sliders almost impossible without really really good timing.. unless you tap/strum those parts ;)
theowest
current goals:

mod and map a lot.
become an admin.
buny

winber1 wrote:

I think you need a minimum of 10k points
Squiddy_old
1. Hit 4,000 pp.
2. Achieve rank #1 on any map and hold it for a month. 2 or 3 more weeks to go, though I'll probably lose it now that I said that.

I feel that my gameplay is somewhat limited by only having access to a laptop, cause all the pros seem to only play on desktops. Also can't seem to get a good, comfortable grip on my mouse while playing. :?
MillhioreF

Squiddy wrote:

I feel that my gameplay is somewhat limited by only having access to a laptop, cause all the pros seem to only play on desktops.?
CXu plays on a laptop, and he's top 50. There's probably laptop players even higher than him, too. (Also I play on a laptop, but I don't think I count for much ^^;)
Lance

kriers wrote:

12889 plays - Yui Horie - Silky Heart (TV Size) [vincerio's Minori-Insane]

inb4 Silynn gets banned for exploiting perfect mode bug
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/Silynn
silmarilen
ahahahaha
kriers
nyoro~n
thelewa

theowest wrote:

current goals:

mod and map a lot.
become an admin.
dear christ no

please no
JappyBabes
quitting is for scrubs
silmarilen

thelewa wrote:

theowest wrote:

current goals:

mod and map a lot.
become an admin.
dear christ no

please no
PaiYuri
Generally, I don't really have specific goals (just a general "getting better"). But I think being able to finish a beatmap on hard would be one. That's not exactly much, but when I started with osu!, playing a rhythm game without completely failing on any difficulty was still quite a novel concept for me.
Kalle_old_1
dye my hair black and and morph into Cookiezi.
-Ryosuke
stream at 350 BPM :(
raww_old
Since I was around #80k I've wanted to surpass my friend http://osu.ppy.sh/u/ltukezl, been slacking a lot lately though.

He has been in army since july, but he is still much better than me.. fml

Also
- Being able to stream (Played mouse only for 17k plays, now when I switched to kb its a little easier, but I still fail at it.
- Being able to pass 230+ bpm songs with a relatively good accuracy
Topic Starter
ryza

Squiddy wrote:

1. Hit 4,000 pp.
2. Achieve rank #1 on any map and hold it for a month. 2 or 3 more weeks to go, though I'll probably lose it now that I said that.

I feel that my gameplay is somewhat limited by only having access to a laptop, cause all the pros seem to only play on desktops. Also can't seem to get a good, comfortable grip on my mouse while playing. :?
I play laptop as well.

Well, I'm probably considered a "pro"

maybe
JappyBabes
have a rank that actually represents my skill ha that's never going to happen
Mismagius
stop being hated

and play good for at least once
show more