forum

What type of games do you hate/dislike?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vext_old
I hate the ones with ultra srs bsns realism like Forza. Gimme Burnout prz.
Oh and the stuff like Alan Wake where it's too dark to see what's even going on without maxing your brightness and contrast.
Also any game that does not have a jump button when you control a person... It just bugs me.

Favorite type has gotta be artistically styled games that can actually convey emotion to you without dialogue, such as Okami or Shadow of the Colossus.
Vapor

Vext wrote:

Also any game that does not have a jump button when you control a person... It just bugs me.
Reasons why FFXIII-2 is better than XIII~

And I dislike pretty much all the realistic driving and sports games. They get boring and repetitive way too quickly for me.
Oh, and side scrolling beat-em-ups don't appeal to me all that much either. There's something about walking right and pushing the same two buttons repeatedly which just puts me off.
theowest
sport games and fighting games (however SSB is kinda fun)
Ivalset
Rhythm games, puzzle games, sandbox games.
theowest

Ivalset wrote:

I hate you.
jk.

First question, why?
Justykanna
-I'm not a fan of FPS games outside of MW2 and 3 (PC) - and that's only when I play with friends. I simply don't have the reflexes to react and observe the area around me.
-Action RPG / stealth games. A general rule for me is that I'm not gonna excel in any games that are in real time because I can't think on the go. I tried Bayonetta and even though I admit it's a wonderful game, I couldn't play far into it.
-Anything with lots of blood / gore. Not because of the game play, but that form of violence doesn't work with me.
Ivalset

theowest wrote:

I hate you.
jk.

First question, why?
Because I find them to be incredibly boring as of late.
mathexpert
I hate games involving motion controls. They're kinda fun the first time but honestly if I wanted to exercise while gaming I would just get one of those stationary bikes and play on my ds or xbox ==
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Ivalset wrote:

But I like types except for sandbox......
XPJ38
FPS shooters, war games, tactical games, fighting games.
Keichirou
Games that actually need to use brain.
[SAK]Eden

Keichirou wrote:

Games that actually need to use brain.
+1 I hate this too >:D
theowest
Are you guys implying you don't want to use your brain?
Stefan

theowest wrote:

Are you guys implying you don't want to use your brain?
This is not even serious.

On-Topic: RPGs (except of Pokemon and the Mario & Luigi RPG Series), also Ego-Shooter.
Keichirou
Except for Minecraft.
Momochikun
I dislike FPS..
Especially Online Game who needs money -_-
Rantai
Sandbox games, most racing games and sports games.

Sandbox especially.
Keichirou

Momochikun wrote:

I dislike FPS..
Especially Online Game who needs money -_-
+1 this
nomen
Sports games.
Nanael_old
I know this will sound terribly specific, but: Train and Farming simulators.
Papi Bear
like - anything entertaining

hate - boring games
Saso-Hikage
Almost every mainstream ego shooter. They are just boring. Lame stories and little kiddies crying around in the multyplayer mode. :P
Pizzicato
grinding games.
slow-paced games.
Kunieda
MMORPG games on web . bored...
VoidnOwO
:oops:
Saso-Hikage

BRBP wrote:

German with a knife hates stuff, you'd better run.

Oh c'mon :lol:
Varetyr
Beat 'em all nowadays are really boring compared to the good old Bare Knuckle, Golden Axe etc. :/
Foxxu
I like mostly RPG games, and I've been playing Touhou recently. I like the storylines of the Pokémon RPG games and the Inazuma Eleven RPG games.

...Oh, and challenging games like osu! are good to me as well~! x3
cokeshawty
Games on which 9-16 year olds ruin your chances of winning.
Blaziken
I don't hate games.
Heck I will play ANYTHING.
But I tend to dislike most games with voice chat.
Its just... FULL OF WHINNY 5 YEAR OLDS WHICH COMPLAIN WHEN YOUR JUST BETTER THEN THEM. "HAXOR NOOB FAGGOT!!!!! IF YOU DONT STOP IM GONNA GET ALL MY MATES TO HACK YOUR ACCOUNT!!!"
nanda2009
I hate most of MMORPGs with kids playing it and thinking they were the best in the game and think the other players sucks.
Dai
MMORPG
Nya-nyan_old
FPS it began to be boring ;)
F:First
P:Person
S:Shooter
TentacleOtaku

Nya-nyan wrote:

I don't mind FPS too much.
What i do mind is MMS. Modern Military Shooter.
Stuff like BF: Black ops & COD:MW
These socalled "modern military shooters" really ruined the FPS genre over the last few years.
"Here, have a 2 hour singleplayer campaing & then WE, the company, will host ALL the servers, making it impossible to run your own hosted server outside our domain with no mods what so ever".

Gaming companies nowadays seem to have forgotten some of the best games (ie: counterstrike) were originally a MOD & would have never existed without the community. The problem with most gaming companies now is that they are always ran by another, bigger company that tells them what to do, which wasnt so obvious in the past.

On Topic:
MMORPGS. The world needs more regular RPGS with multiplayer as a side-function, and less big MMORPGS like WoW & AoC used to be.
cokeshawty

TentacleOtaku wrote:

Nya-nyan wrote:

These socalled "modern military shooters" really ruined the FPS genre over the last few years.
"Here, have a 2 hour singleplayer campaing & then WE, the company, will host ALL the servers, making it impossible to run your own hosted server outside our domain with no mods what so ever".

Gaming companies nowadays seem to have forgotten some of the best games (ie: counterstrike) were originally a MOD & would have never existed without the community. The problem with most gaming companies now is that they are always ran by another, bigger company that tells them what to do, which wasnt so obvious in the past.

On Topic:
MMORPGS. The world needs more regular RPGS with multiplayer as a side-function, and less big MMORPGS like WoW & AoC used to be.
Yeah this is true..
Hiryuu_old

TentacleOtaku wrote:

Nya-nyan wrote:

On Topic:
This.
Nya-nyan_old

TentacleOtaku wrote:

Nya-nyan wrote:

On Topic:
Yeah I am agree what you say :) I guess everything have change when the COD came :|
I wonder what would happen if COD never existed?
Blaziken

TentacleOtaku wrote:

Nya-nyan wrote:

On Topic:
Phantasy star online was a good example of this.
Cyrith_old
Modern military shooters you say? The only time im ever stupid to touch anything remotely like that is when rather... intoxicated. And rpg is kind of a dying genre in terms of releases from what i can tell, much to my distaste (though id genuinely love to be shown wrong here. I need more games), probably something to do with bioware being bought by EA.

For my own opinion, I find sports game utterly pointless. I see games as something you do for fun that you also dont usually get the chance to do. Why not just play the sport outside and get exercise while you are at it. Unless you both a: like sports and b: have no friends. Which are two groups of people that usually dont have a crossover.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Cyrith wrote:

Modern military shooters you say? The only time im ever stupid to touch anything remotely like that is when rather... intoxicated. And rpg is kind of a dying genre in terms of releases from what i can tell, much to my distaste (though id genuinely love to be shown wrong here. I need more games), probably something to do with bioware being bought by EA.

For my own opinion, I find sports game utterly pointless. I see games as something you do for fun that you also dont usually get the chance to do. Why not just play the sport outside and get exercise while you are at it. Unless you both a: like sports and b: have no friends. Which are two groups of people that usually dont have a crossover.
^^^^This!!!!
show more