posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Garven
Beatmap:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/52221
-> Easy

02:10:572 (1) -

The start of the slider reports the soft finish hitsound when just playing the music in the editor. If you do a test play, however, it plays the Drum finish. It's contained within a SC:1 section with the body of the slider as Drum, but the circle is set to Auto/Auto. There is no custom hitsound in the folder associated with a SC:1 finish.

Same with 02:15:144 (1) - with the same settings.
Saten
Yeah, I noticed this while modding.
The slider body had drum while head/tail had soft
And you can only hear it during gameplay.

Also fix the title. It says hitsoud xD
theowest
Same.

it's been creeping me out lately. :<
peppy
Could you please test this with the latest public build? I may have inadvertently fixed it.
Topic Starter
Garven
It's still doing the same behavior. I also tried on the test build to the same outcome.
peppy
Okay, will investigate further.
peppy
Just to make things clear, what is the expected correct behaviour in this situation?
Saten
I think it only applies when changing sampleset on sliderslides

The expected behavior should only affect the sliderslide, not the Start/Reverse-Arrow/End.
Apparently it affects the whole slider instead.
Topic Starter
Garven
Expected behavior is that in test play, the sounds will follow the settings from the inherited timing section. Right now it has been giving the drum set sound instead of the soft custom 1 (which had no new sound files to load from what i recall)
peppy
Please test this on test build to confirm it is fixed, and that I haven't broken anything else in the process.
Topic Starter
Garven
Sounds like the hit sounds are working properly in test mode compared to playback mode.

Though messing with settings a little bit, setting the sampleset to Drum and Additions to Auto reports the additions with the drum set instead of the inherited section's setting. Also the drum set is selected on the slider body, but the inherited section's ticks are still chiming. Not sure if this is intended.
SkyDevil
Uguu having the same probleemmm DXX

./waits
peppy
Please test again with the latest test build. There have been many changes to hitsound logic since this was reported.
Topic Starter
Garven
Great! Everything is working as expected now. Thanks!
0_o
It seems like this issue has resurfaced. Selecting the sampleset on sliderslides changes the sampleset of the beginning of the slider and not the sliderslide itself (when the beginning is set to Auto).

Also, changing samplesets and additions do not trigger a save request upon testing/exiting. Thought I'd bring it up while I'm here, but I can make a new thread about it if requested.
TheVileOne
0_o

TheVileOne wrote:

Do you mean this?
That does cover half of it.

However, the starting slider endpoint, when set to Auto sampleset/additions, uses the custom overrides for the sliderslide instead of those of the timing section. This doesn't occur in the editor - only during playback.