Movement
70.11%
Streaming
29.89%
Total votes: 522
show more
Yarissa

Wishy wrote:

It's funny because best players ever are actually movement gods.

/thread?
Movement doesn't matter if you have the streaming ability of a 2 year old.
silmarilen

Wishy wrote:

/thread?
they arent just movement gods, they also have incredible stream speed.
its just that they also have movement on top of that, which most people dont.
Yarissa

silmarilen wrote:

Wishy wrote:

/thread?
they arent just movement gods, they also have incredible stream speed.
its just that they also have movement on top of that, which most people dont.
It's funny because I'm top 100 and I stream really badly. So I'll never be a "best player" unless I can fix that.
thelewa
I'll never be good unless I suddenly get speedy fingers
theowest
my cursor movement sucks atm while my tapping skills are off the charts. I gotta do something about that..
Uncle Buly
Cursor movement as you need it in almost every map, fewer maps require streaming speed. Personally I'd like to stream faster.
she_old
I get 100% on maps like l'erisia with relax mod, so surely clicking is my issue.
buny
relax mod makes the map 50x easier and autopilot makes the map 50x harder
Aqo
The only thing that takes skill is clicking. Aim takes no skill, every child can do it.
she_old

buny wrote:

relax mod makes the map 50x easier and autopilot makes the map 50x harder
obviously clicking is just super hard
buny
both take no skill when you look at them individually
Aqo
Not really
how many people can stream 222bpm for 70 notes individually. http://www.all8.com/tools/mpm.htm people try and fail. it's still hard on its own
buny
apparently most of the people that use this forum stream over 240bpm

anyways, more on topic, that's like saying how many people can follow the streams in fd?
enik
I don't want to prove anything but fd is pretty easy with relax
SPOILER

first try and im not even good at this game.
oh and I can't stream 222 bpm
Aqo

buny wrote:

*claim to

I'm proud to claim to be able to stream up to 180bpm, and not a single beat per minute faster.
Soarezi
The thing about FD is that you have to have insane stamina to actually keep up your fingers to stream constant 222bpm, while you're getting tired your nerves are going to stop working so your right hand will also ( or left hand whichever youre using for movement ) will also slow down and you can't keep up anymore.

People that can stream that fast and for a long time, such as cookiezi or keigoclear have my respect.
JAKACHAN
Yeah Freedom Dive on relax is nothing compared to actually playing it. When your mind has to process 222 bpm deathstreams while still following insane stream patterns you end up missing more than you would with relax.
she_old
especially since those patterns are made with ar9 :l
Defacer
­
GoldenWolf

Defacer wrote:

so I guess a lot of players can easily go 222 constantly.
You have too high expectations of other players.
djjsixpack

Defacer wrote:

a lot of players can easily go 222 constantly
Erm

There are less than 10 players I know of that can do 222 bpm for as long as freedom dive is while getting acceptable accuracy. Not exactly a lot imo. I will say though a lot of people could complete the streams, but only if you are actually able to keep up with the BPM from a rhythmic standpoint would you be able to complete the map. As in, if the streams were shorter and not spaced as hell you would be able to all-300 it for a while. From my perspective, I miss the streams so badly because I have to put 99% of my concentration on just keeping up with the sheer speed of it. That's why it seems like easy stuff on relax.
ztrot
yeah movement is more important once you have mastered key presses so really as key presses come 1st that is most important.
Frostmourne

buny wrote:

anyways, more on topic, that's like saying how many people can follow the streams in fd?
agree

speed for very short periods everyone can spam, but to keep consistent high-speed on long run stream is just hell ;_;
Defacer
­
GoldenWolf

Defacer wrote:

And I think that a lot of players can go 222, yeah.
A lot of players can go 222 for short bursts, yes. Even I can do that. But only a very very few players can keep up the streams in 4D.
jesse1412

GoldenWolf wrote:

Defacer wrote:

And I think that a lot of players can go 222, yeah.
A lot of players can go 222 for short bursts, yes. Even I can do that. But only a very very few players can keep up the streams in 4D.
and only about 3 or 4 can follow the streams.
enik

Defacer wrote:

KeigoClear is a perfect example of a insane speed and accuracy not to mention stamina
People like Keigo are more like "exceptions" than "examples".
Pettanko
I bet when a number of people say "I can stream 240+ bpm no problem!" they're talking about triples or some shit. I don't think that counts as streaming.

At what point should someone be able to say they can stream a certain bpm?
GoldenWolf

Pettanko wrote:

At what point should someone be able to say they can stream a certain bpm?

I'd say more than 17 circles full 300 consistently is a good start
Aqo
I don't even consider 17 circles a stream anymore :v

if you can't hit at least 200 circles in a row for a certain bpm you can't stream it.
silmarilen
then i cant stream a single bpm
gg
Defacer
­
enik
Just checked top scores on chipscape out of curiosity. Found tons of halftimers, many tap+x, one cheater and less than 10 people who actually cleared that deathstream, not to mention accuracy. Imagine how many of them can follow spaced curved fd streams that last x20 longer.
Oh btw check out the Sprosive guy replay, that's how you deal with deathstream haha.
Jordan

Defacer wrote:

screw all those ''i can stream 260'', ''calculator says i go 320 woo'', they will learn(hopefully) that what they say is not true and is shit.I've encountered many people doing really good results on high bpm streams, I don't know how to explain exactly why in FD 222 isnt hard at all but the damn overall placement of the stream.Chipscape is 220 and so many people can stream the deathstream succesfully but probably can't stream fd, I am one of those for instance and I am not even pro, hundreds of players like me over there.
if you can stream chipscape's deathstream successfully by fingers consider yourself pro, there are much less than a hundred of people who can actually do that

Also quoting goldenwolf, i can even stream short burst 270bpm without any problem (http://osu.ppy.sh/s/45335) but i can't even pass chipscape, lol
buny
it's hard enough getting to the deathstream without breaking combo
GoldenWolf

Aqo wrote:

I don't even consider 17 circles a stream anymore :v

if you can't hit at least 200 circles in a row for a certain bpm you can't stream it.
Imagine 100 series of 17 circles streams spaced by 1/1, if you can do more than 90 series full 300, then you can stream that bpm.
That said, almost nobody can stream any bpm lol

But that's only my opinion
buny
1/1 is more than enough time to recover from a burst.
GoldenWolf
17 circles is a bit long for a burst
and I forgot to mention it should be at od9 at least, anything below would be too easy
Aqo
Whether you can stream or not in stream speed discussions and not stream accuracy discussions should not depend on OD at all. This topic boils down to how fast you can move your fingers up and down subsequently.
(since people in the last few posts were talking about speed)

If you want to mention accuracy it's a whole different thing.
-____-_old
Accuracy > speed
show more