70.11%
Streaming
29.89%
Total votes: 522
show more
Hanyuu

LoGo wrote:

Hanyuu wrote:

Practicing stream is harder than getting good tablet settings :?
I dont know what you guys problem is. Streaming is harder, if you got a tablet and cant aim there is your problem and its not about flow or jumps or whatever words you make up its only pointing the cursor in the right place and its super easy with tablet? :x

Learning to aim harder than pressing so many clicks in little time.. you got to be kidding me :o :o
Streaming is easiest thing in this game, what can be hard is high bpm streams(220+) or accuracy on slow ones(but with time you kinda feel each tap so it's not that hard)
Answer me, what is so hard in pressing button which stays on place all the time???
From your words i can clearly see that you never used tablet, playing with tablet brings a lot of things which can't be fixed in short period... For example grip if you are comfortable with grip which allows you move 1x1cm big area you are pretty much screwed. One more thing, corners i think that's the "best" place for all tablet players.
Whats so hard pressing a button that stays in place well.. its pretty damn fast and you need to train your fingers so ridiculously that you can press this fast and keep this endurance for the long streams . Also i played tablet by tapping for half a year and then afterwards i switched to kb pressing. it is not hard at all and if you cant move in a 1x1cm big area (well thats a joke i think but anyways) you can adjust with resolution or gameplay area. <-- thats why i said about tablet settings in my earlier post. also those "feared" corner things squares whatever. it does not really matter. the game is just about aim and hit in time. however the pattern may look or where notes are placed it doesnt matter really. anyways my opinion still stands and the topic title is: Which is more important? Cursor movement or Streaming... for me definitely streaming since yeah,you can get a good movement alot easier :?
GoldenWolf
If we could get good at movements alot easier, we should see a tons of new cookiezi everywhere.
Streaming is definitively easier.
winber1

Aqo wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/b/150406&m=0
the first few seconds on this map
with mouse it's really easy
with tablet it's like buuuuuutttfuuuuuck
how is that any easier for mouse.

it's pretty damn easy on tablet anyways. trollololol
Tanzklaue
inb4 peppy now sells osu!-mice instead of tablets.
silmarilen
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/4548
339 combo with mouse /pro
Kanye West

winber1 wrote:

Aqo wrote:

QFT lol

And if you're having a hard time with small cursor movements, use a bigger tablet area. 'nuff said. Like I said before, if you miss notes with a tablet, you objectively suck.
Distant years
i think movement is more important because with bad aim you cant get the movement in the streams right

and you can improve faster in streaming
buny
ITT: preferences
zhurai

winber1 wrote:

Aqo wrote:

I couldn't click on any of those beats.
and I'm a mouse user lol.
silmarilen

buny wrote:

wasnt that the whole purpose of this topic? looking at the title
buny

silmarilen wrote:

buny wrote:

wasnt that the whole purpose of this topic? looking at the title
I just wanted to remind everyone that people have different views on certain things.
CXu

silmarilen wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/4548
339 combo with mouse /pro
Mesita.
Kalle_old_1

silmarilen wrote:

people who are good at streaming will say movement is more important and people who are good at movement say streaming is more important
since i am good at movement (compared to streaming) i will say streaming is more important
D33d
For me, getting good at moving the mouse smoothly at all speeds is more important, as keeping up with streams tends to be much harder than being able to click alone. The amount of dexterity that's required when rapid clicking is compounded by constant movement is pretty fierce.
Yarissa
It depends on the player. It's important to be good at both, but some players are better at one and worse at the other.
Nitori
If you're looking to just pass a song, then I would say cursor movement, since you can mess up a little with timing. But with position, if you're a little off the circle, it still counts as a miss.
clmnt
fap with lefty to get good at streams.
Ziglez
i can stream ascension to heaven or say mad machine pretty decent, but when it comes to a part in a song where it's like, stream note note stream stream note, then i have trouble, so it's more about control in streaming and aim, not just how fast you can spam your fingers :)
VoidnOwO

Azumi Shizuko wrote:

it's more about control in streaming and aim, not just how fast you can spam your fingers :)
buny

Azumi Shizuko wrote:

i can stream ascension to heaven or say mad machine pretty decent, but when it comes to a part in a song where it's like, stream note note stream stream note, then i have trouble, so it's more about control in streaming and aim, not just how fast you can spam your fingers :)
you can just spam through it though with perfect accuracy still lol
Zook
Spam through it with perfect accuracy? Maybe mad machine yeah, but then again that map has almost 0 importance.

You cannot mindlessly spam your keys on OD8 and get perfect accuracy. (Ascension)
buny

Zook wrote:

Spam through it with perfect accuracy? Maybe mad machine yeah, but then again that map has almost 0 importance.

You cannot mindlessly spam your keys on OD8 and get perfect accuracy. (Ascension)
just because you can't doesn't mean others can't also.
thelewa

buny wrote:

Zook wrote:

just because you can't doesn't mean others can't also.
Pretty much all of my scores are just mindless spamming

accuracy is a subconscious thing anyway
Zook
stop trolling thelewa (:

buny, I'd much rather stream properly than be a keyboard berserker and hope for the best.
silmarilen
only on low bpm i actually have to pay attention to get acc in streamers, between 170-190 bpm i mindlessly spam aswell
Wishy
It's funny because best players ever are actually movement gods.

/thread?
Yarissa

Wishy wrote:

/thread?
Movement doesn't matter if you have the streaming ability of a 2 year old.
silmarilen

Wishy wrote:

/thread?
they arent just movement gods, they also have incredible stream speed.
its just that they also have movement on top of that, which most people dont.
Yarissa

silmarilen wrote:

Wishy wrote:

/thread?
they arent just movement gods, they also have incredible stream speed.
its just that they also have movement on top of that, which most people dont.
It's funny because I'm top 100 and I stream really badly. So I'll never be a "best player" unless I can fix that.
thelewa
I'll never be good unless I suddenly get speedy fingers
theowest
my cursor movement sucks atm while my tapping skills are off the charts. I gotta do something about that..
Uncle Buly
Cursor movement as you need it in almost every map, fewer maps require streaming speed. Personally I'd like to stream faster.
she_old
I get 100% on maps like l'erisia with relax mod, so surely clicking is my issue.
buny
relax mod makes the map 50x easier and autopilot makes the map 50x harder
Aqo
The only thing that takes skill is clicking. Aim takes no skill, every child can do it.
she_old

buny wrote:

relax mod makes the map 50x easier and autopilot makes the map 50x harder
obviously clicking is just super hard
buny
both take no skill when you look at them individually
Aqo
Not really
how many people can stream 222bpm for 70 notes individually. http://www.all8.com/tools/mpm.htm people try and fail. it's still hard on its own
buny
apparently most of the people that use this forum stream over 240bpm

anyways, more on topic, that's like saying how many people can follow the streams in fd?
enik
I don't want to prove anything but fd is pretty easy with relax
SPOILER

first try and im not even good at this game.
oh and I can't stream 222 bpm
show more