Cursor movement or Streaming?

Movement
70.11%
Streaming
29.89%
Total votes: 522
show more
Frizz
Personally I think cursor movement is the most important. But if you ask "which is more important to train first?" then I'll say streaming, or I prefer to say accuracy, is the most important. It'll help you in the long run.
Cho_old
Cursor movement > Fast streaming. Cusor movemenet == Accurate streaming.
silmarilen
people who are good at streaming will say movement is more important and people who are good at movement say streaming is more important
since i am good at movement (compared to streaming) i will say streaming is more important
JappyBabes

buny wrote:

"mostly just natural skill"
so the only reason you can pass freedom dive whereas I can't is because you had massive luck with your birth. man I am unlucky or what
Lance
Both.
Liut

silmarilen wrote:

people who are good at streaming will say movement is more important and people who are good at movement say streaming is more important
since i am good at movement (compared to streaming) i will say streaming is more important
what this guys said.
I lack streaming speed so bad but i'm decent in movements :? So i've always looked jelly the faster stramers :cry:
But i do think they are equally important.
jesse1412
You need aim for EVERY map whilst streaming only applies to some.

Either way I think they're both important. I find aim is harder to improve. Honestly there's no right answer, different people have different strengths.
Pettanko
You can always practice songs with both jumps and spaced streams if you want to improve at both simultaneously.
Frizz
What kind of streaming we're talking about here by the way. Endurance, speed, or accuracy?
Each of them has different priority for me.
winber1

silmarilen wrote:

but i suck at streaming :(
Aqo
*looks at poll results* Yeah no seriously guys what

Streaming/everything related to clicking on buttons is WAAAAAAY more important in this game than jumps. Being good at jumps won't get you anywhere. Jumps in this game are frigging free anyway... FCing Atama/Big Black/Sousei with relax is as easy as a walk in the park (which is almost as easy as CTB!). clicking on circles fast or with good accuracy is the real thing that takes a ton of experience and training. There is no natural skill in this. Gotta practice like mad
buny

JappyBabes wrote:

buny wrote:

"mostly just natural skill"
so the only reason you can pass freedom dive whereas I can't is because you had massive luck with your birth. man I am unlucky or what
Only if you can't stream 222bpm which isn't even what makes freedom dive hard in the first place

Aqo wrote:

*looks at poll results* Yeah no seriously guys what

Streaming/everything related to clicking on buttons is WAAAAAAY more important in this game than jumps. Being good at jumps won't get you anywhere. Jumps in this game are frigging free anyway... FCing Atama/Big Black/Sousei with relax is as easy as a walk in the park (which is almost as easy as CTB!). clicking on circles fast or with good accuracy is the real thing that takes a ton of experience and training. There is no natural skill in this. Gotta practice like mad
Being good at jumps will help you pass nearly every map without some ridiculous stream.
darkmiz

buny wrote:

Being good at jumps will help you pass nearly every map without some ridiculous stream.
Being good at streams will help you pass nearly every map without some ridiculous jumps.
ok. Both streaming and jumps are hard, but streaming is harder to train.
There is a thing called physical limitation.
Even after years of playing, some people cannot stream past bpm 180.
Jumps? Just buy a tablet and instant pro.
Pacemaker

darkmiz wrote:

buny wrote:

Who's that lmfao? Physical limitation and development applies for every human equally, so that's obviously complete bullcrap.
Tanzklaue

Pacemaker wrote:

Who's that lmfao? Physical limitation and development applies for every human equally, so that's obviously complete bullcrap.
physicall limitation is completly different for every human. look at bodystatures, some people are to small to reach for something in 2 meter height.
buny

darkmiz wrote:

buny wrote:

Being good at streams will help you pass nearly every map without some ridiculous jumps.
ok. Both streaming and jumps are hard, but streaming is harder to train.
There is a thing called physical limitation.
I agree but disagree with your first statement, unless you're treating 3/5 stack notes as streams.
Frizz

darkmiz wrote:

Mind telling us who the examples are?

darkmiz wrote:

I used tablet once and I couldn't even pass osu!tutorial. Your argument is invalid.
threenash
I suck at streams. I always sucked at it anyway. Cursor movement is something you get sooner or later by practicing.
Tako
I can't even do 160 bpm streams D:
silmarilen

Frizz wrote:

darkmiz wrote:

untill a couple of months ago i couldnt even pass 185 bpm for more than 9ish notes
djjsixpack

Frizz wrote:

darkmiz wrote:

I still can't properly stream above 160 with over a year of playing. I can't keep up over 175ish at all.
Lance
I think this comes down to what level of play you are at. Once you get near the top streaming will be much more important since the hardest maps are typically high bpm. At the beginning, though, accurate cursor movement is key to getting better.
Aqo

buny wrote:

JappyBabes wrote:

Only if you can't stream 222bpm which isn't even what makes freedom dive hard in the first place
What. Yes it is.
I can stream 220bpm for 10 notes. 215bpm for 20 notes. 205bpm for 50 notes. 185bpm for 100 notes.
The above is more or less true for the large part of people who play this game actively and are keyboard-only streamers - i.e. 200bpm short term, 180bpm long term. Being able to stream 220bpm long-term is literally something most players are not physically capable of.
Are you a wizard. How the hell do you stream this fast this long.
buny

Aqo wrote:

What. Yes it is.
I can stream 220bpm for 10 notes. 215bpm for 20 notes. 205bpm for 50 notes. 185bpm for 100 notes.
The above is more or less true for the large part of people who play this game actively and are keyboard-only streamers - i.e. 200bpm short term, 180bpm long term. Being able to stream 220bpm long-term is literally something most players are not physically capable of.
Are you a wizard. How the hell do you stream this fast this long.
If bpm was the bigger problem on freedom dive, there'd be a lot more no mod scores on it.
Wishy
This game is combo based, cursor movement relates to combo while streaming relates to accuracy. If your aim is good then you can FC lots of maps, then again you will probably fail at stuff like chipscape, but it's not like there are many maps like that. Then again if your aim is bad, even if you're a godlike streamer (see KeigoClear) you gonna have trouble with lots of maps, failing to FC even while getting top tier accuracy. Of course, other players gonna have a lot of trouble beating you, but then again you gonna go mad trying to FC any kind of hard map + mods since all of them end up requiring very good aim.

Both are important, but if I had to choose godlike aim or streaming, I'd get aim, no doubt. Remember how those most impressive scores you see from Niko, WW, Cookiezi and rrtyui are pretty much aim based. Even if their accuracy is great too, there are some other players that probably can get the same accuracy as them, but yet they can't do it because their aim is not good enough.

Freedom Dive is not hard because of 300 hit long 222 BPM streams, not at all, the stream practice version is way more exhausting and demanding than 4D, yet it is way easier to clear.
darkmiz
Even KeigoClear can't FC Freedom Dive, so I consider it a jump map.
Wishy
It's not really a jump map tho.
Aqo
Jump = snapping
Tracing streams = flow movement

it's not jumps. it's movement. there's a big difference.

how do you wizards stream this fast and this long. can you upload videos of your fingers or something
give me the ability to stream 222~230bpm kb-only without getting tired and I'll pass freedom dive every day
Wishy
Trust me when I tell you that you won't. It's harder than it looks. :(
kriers
it's so hard my mind melts and becomes mush even by trying to comprehend how hard it is
JappyBabes

Aqo wrote:

how do you wizards stream this fast and this long. can you upload videos of your fingers or something
give me the ability to stream 222~230bpm kb-only without getting tired and I'll pass freedom dive every day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhvQ5qv_LY
Easy
Aqo

JappyBabes wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhvQ5qv_LY
Easy
how much does keigoclear-san's hand go for on e-bay?
Frizz
One of the most important key to stream >200bpm is to keep your fingers relaxed. Proven by myself and Gatyaa, I was able to FC 4/5 part of rog-unlimitation with good accuracy (>95% I think before combobreak) on rubberdome keyboard while Gatyaa himself was able to reach >700 combo in Mad Machine on laptop keyboard.

Both of us didn't tense up our fingers on streams.
thelewa
And absolutely everyone can do this?

Everyone?

Even me?
Zamura_old
personally god-awful at streams, so I truly envy people who are good at them (I'm one of the aforementioned people who after two years of playing still can't stream 170). However, I think that accurate cursor movement will get you further than stream speed given the new accuracy>difficulty way of ranking.
Frizz
Pretty sure everyone can. I'm actually not good at streams but I managed to be able to stream up to 220bpm (I was only able to stream around 180bpm-190bpm before). It depends on how one believes that they can actually push their own limit despite all the odds.
silmarilen

Zamura wrote:

personally god-awful at streams, so I truly envy people who are good at them (I'm one of the aforementioned people who after two years of playing still can't stream 170). However, I think that accurate cursor movement will get you further than stream speed given the new accuracy>difficulty way of ranking.
you have 12k playcount, no wonder you cant stream
MMzz
Playing with your fingers flat(?) and not curled helps me stream, less movement involved. I've pretty much adapted to always play like this. I picked it up while DTing maps in taiko, it boosted my speed and accuracy quite a bit.
Zamura_old

MMzz wrote:

Playing with your fingers flat(?) and not curled helps me stream, less movement involved. I've pretty much adapted to always play like this. I picked it up while DTing maps in taiko, it boosted my speed and accuracy quite a bit.
Thanks, I'll try that out

silmarilen wrote:

Zamura wrote:

you have 12k playcount, no wonder you cant stream
Yes, I've seen on more than one occasion people mention the "magical" playcount number of 50-60k. I'm not really content to stay where I'm at skill-wise though, so I'm working towards it pretty actively these days, you'll notice my play history graph has increased significantly in the last two months (since we're checking profiles).
Liut

Frizz wrote:

Pretty sure everyone can. I'm actually not good at streams but I managed to be able to stream up to 220bpm (I was only able to stream around 180bpm-190bpm before). It depends on how one believes that they can actually push their own limit despite all the odds.
So Renard was not lying about the mindcontrol thing DDDDDDDDDDD:
show more