forum

osu! battle mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +105
Topic Starter
RBRat3
Thought it would be neat to implement a battle mode into osu! standard (unranked) where a player would need to go out of his/her way in order to put something in their opponents way and to make them go out of their way.

In this case it's the form of bombs where a player can go out of their way to receive a bomb (random spawn) and at any given time throw it at their opponent where the bomb would take the place of the opponents preceding hit-circle. On failure to evade the note 50% of their current HP will be taken as consequence. On successful evasion the bomb will begin a 3 second count down and drop its z-index after its proposed hit time has passed where they would need to go out of their way by going back to the bomb and clicking on before their 3 seconds are up. On completion of disarm the opponent will be awarded the hit-circles 300 and combo count that the bomb took place of.

Ahh the fun you could have on streams :P
haha5957
Seems interesting to me.Random "bomb" jump between 1/1 should work too :D
Archangel Tirael
Lol! It's look very fun, especially if I will play, for example, Mad Machine, Freedom Dive or Cry for Eternity. :D
-------
RBRat, to be honest, I love your ideas. Sometimes they hit the originality and the extent to which these ideas are lucidly expressed. More such people in osu!community. You can be proud of themselves.
tarticulate
I like this idea.
Support.
Saten
Bombs in my osu!?!?

Looks very very interesting.

Will certainly be hell if it's in the middle of a stream xD
But hitting it won't result in a miss right?
That would result in missing alot of notes (or just mess up a bit) which would lower the HP (including the 50% reduction) if it's 1/4th streams for example.
And about the tolerance. If it's the same tolerance as a regular hitcircle, it would rather be hard to evade it properly in streams.
Topic Starter
RBRat3
Well hitting it wasn't meant to award you anything unless you completed the disablement so yes it would be a miss . But then again letting it toss you a 50 wont hurt XD

Hitting it or failing disablement is only to take 50% of current hp not be treated as a miss/50/100/etc.. to the HP bar on top of the 50%.
Sakura
this reminds me of this thread and some other attacking opponents-like multiplayer mode threads.
Kuro

Sakura wrote:

this reminds me of this thread and some other attacking opponents-like multiplayer mode threads.
Why wasn't this ever implemented?? It would been a great idea!! 8-)

Anyway, could this feature request possibly be implemented for Taiko as well?? The overall objective would still be the same if you ask me...
I like this idea so have a few stars!! :)
miss_master_old
:lol: :lol:
Topic Starter
RBRat3

Sakura wrote:

Hmm... Well its not so much as a power up as it is just basically dick moving the player ahead of you and the person below doing the same to you (Timing is key on when to use it for effectiveness), Although im curious as to why thats a completed request.
Anceri
Support.
This is really a good idea..
theowest

Sakura wrote:

that thread is just full of fun.
Stefan
Inb4 Bombsu!. lol
DaddyCoolVipper
I really like this idea. Also, peppy's thread is over 4 years old, and was from before he made multiplayer at all, so I guess this thread's okay as a new discussion
Sakura
I never said it was a duplicate, just that it reminded me of that thread when everyone was discussing powerups, I wouldn't mind a bomb mode, would be nice if some of the stuff from boss fights in Taiko no Tatsujin Wii was implemented on Taiko as well.
TheVileOne
Powerups would be super awesome as a new multiplayer game mode. I imagine hit streaks, giving you various popups like it does in Guitar Hero, and mod power ups can be unleashed on opponents. Things like flashlight and hidden, and changing the AR, and size of the hitcircles. I would love it!

Of course bombs is good too, but less epic IMO.
Saten

TheVileOne wrote:

Powerups would be super awesome as a new multiplayer game mode. I imagine hit streaks, giving you various popups like it does in Guitar Hero, and mod power ups can be unleashed on opponents. Things like flashlight and hidden, and changing the AR, and size of the hitcircles. I would love it!

Of course bombs is good too, but less epic IMO.
inb4 AR 10

Hidden and Flashlight together with bombs sounds interesting.
D33d
I think that HP-gouging bombs would be too harsh, but something such as sudden difficulty increase mods and other effects, such as shaking and no numbers would be good. Maybe huge hitbursts as well or something like that.
Topic Starter
RBRat3

D33d wrote:

I think that HP-gouging bombs would be too harsh
Well your not suppose to hit them in the first place and its only as harsh as the time and place a user threw it at you.
theowest
It'd be fun to create something explosive for osu!mania

inspiration, obviously just for show. too extreme
jesse1412
what if a map is ONLY stacks. WHAT THEN?!
Topic Starter
RBRat3

jesus1412 wrote:

what if a map is ONLY stacks. WHAT THEN?!
In this case it's the form of bombs where a player can go out of their way to receive a bomb (random spawn) and at any given time throw it at their opponent where the bomb would take the place of the opponents preceding hit-circle. On failure to evade the note 50% of their current HP will be taken as consequence. On successful evasion the bomb will begin a 3 second count down and drop its z-index after its proposed hit time has passed where they would need to go out of their way by going back to the bomb and clicking on before their 3 seconds are up. On completion of disarm the opponent will be awarded the hit-circles 300 and combo count that the bomb took place of.
On stacks it would be a crappy time to use it since it would actually make it relatively easy to complete the disarm provided it didn't catch them off guard since the disarm would be the last note in the stack.
Lance
I really like this idea. osu! multiplayer has gotten a bit stale over the years.
XPJ38
Very neat idea. Would bring a lot of fun in multiplayer games.

inb4 Mariosu! Kart and a Spiny Shell-like powerup :D
H_Hitachiin
Aww Yeah,BOMBS.
theowest
Here's another related requests
t/76597/
Hanyuu
This sounds fun :) Maybe also something else to bombs
bwross
Something else like water balloons and takoyaki?
show more