What anime you refuse to watch?

posted
Total Posts
839
show more
Green Platinum

chaee wrote:

Pretty cure

They're all shieeett
Top hentai though
JOEMOMO
Attack on titan...
Sorry xD
Green Platinum

JOEMOMO wrote:

Attack on titan...
Sorry xD
I find it hilarious that you refuse to watch AOT while your favourite anime is AgK.
They are very similar
JOEMOMO

Green Platinum wrote:

I find it hilarious that you refuse to watch AOT while your favourite anime is AgK.
They are very similar
One of my favourite anime series is AgK... :lol:
Is it really similar?
I think the main reason I don't want to watch AOT is because of how popular it is :P
Green Platinum
Yes, I'm pretty sure AgK was made when it was because of the popularity of AOT and Tokyo Ghoul.

Both are edgy despair animes with excessive gore.
I don't know why 'because it is popular' is a valid reason to dismiss a show as potentially good or therefore it is not worth watching.
Senko-san
Kill la Kill. I saw the first two episodes at "Anime night" at my college, and I will never watch the rest of the series. Yeah sure Fanservice whatever, but I gotta draw the wierd line somewhere, and this is far, far beyond it.

Also most of the "mainstream" ones like One Piece, Naruto, AoT, etc. I've been watching a bit of SAO (I'm only ~8-9 episodes in), but I don't like how its slowly turning into a harem of sorts ( (I prefer Log Horizon's take on the concept)
Green Platinum

Hiicantpk wrote:

Kill la Kill. I saw the first two episodes at "Anime night" at my college, and I will never watch the rest of the series. Yeah sure Fanservice whatever, but I gotta draw the wierd line somewhere, and this is far, far beyond it.

Also most of the "mainstream" ones like One Piece, Naruto, AoT, etc. I've been watching a bit of SAO (I'm only ~8-9 episodes in), but I don't like how its slowly turning into a harem of sorts ( (I prefer Log Horizon's take on the concept)
Shame, TRIGGER does great work.
JOEMOMO

Green Platinum wrote:

Yes, I'm pretty sure AgK was made when it was because of the popularity of AOT and Tokyo Ghoul.

Both are edgy despair animes with excessive gore.
I don't know why 'because it is popular' is a valid reason to dismiss a show as potentially good or therefore it is not worth watching.
I watched the first episode a while back and didn't think much of it.
So I guess that's another reason.
Hidden-

JOEMOMO wrote:

Green Platinum wrote:

I find it hilarious that you refuse to watch AOT while your favourite anime is AgK.
They are very similar
One of my favourite anime series is AgK... :lol:
Is it really similar?
I think the main reason I don't want to watch AOT is because of how popular it is :P
I think before dismissing popular anime you need to actually watch a few, I mean, not all popular anime are terrible, it's just that most of them are empty with no character depths but contain some flashy stuffs that people find entertaining as fuck(like harem, fan service, overpower people, action with incredible situation where the MC overcome something impossible, like SAO), those animes will have an impact on people who haven't seen a lot, because, for them, they are original and it's the best thing they've seen yet due to inexperience. Other had unique concept, still exploiting stuffs people want to see, that's what rendered them popular but they are actually good despite all of it, some examples would be: Steins;Gate, Clannad, Mononoke hime, Monster, Death note. I personally even think people new to anime should still watch those, of course, at first, they will find them incredible and such but after watching 200 or more animes, they'll discover that, it wasn't so good after all but will still have this experience. Let's say AOT, I think if you enjoyed AGK, you will love it, it's really similar, plus the animation and music from AOT is totally mind blowing, which was the main aspect I gave I think 7 to it(which I overrated it imo). I think before dismissing all popular anime, watch some, it'll be hard for you to watch only the most underground one, the most popular one, lacks a lot of elements but are easier of access which will allow you to appreciate anime more, to open yourself to it, then you will be able to watch animes that would have looks pale and boring at first and discover why they are really genuine, unique and beautiful in reality. You only develop a taste for unique animes after having watched a lot.
Green Platinum
Monster has never seemed hugely popular to me; the series length intimidates a fair few people. I think Higurashi or Evangelion fits with your point better.

Popular anime is worth watching just so it is easier to seek further recommendations and the ability to discuss them.
Hidden-

Green Platinum wrote:

Monster has never seemed hugely popular to me; the series length intimidates a fair few people. I think Higurashi or Evangelion fits with your point better.

Popular anime is worth watching just so it is easier to seek further recommendations and the ability to discuss them.
Yup, exactly, about Monster, it was only because it was one of the few anime that my whole friend circle had seen without talking to each other about it, that's why I had this impression, but yeah Higurashi and Evangelion are great example.
Senia-
Monogatari series. Any of them.
Green Platinum

[ Gray Space ] wrote:

Monogatari series. Any of them.
Even unrelated ones like Katanagatari and Ore Monogatari?
Senia-

Green Platinum wrote:

[ Gray Space ] wrote:

Monogatari series. Any of them.
Even unrelated ones like Katanagatari and Ore Monogatari?
While I don't mind those, they're not really something I'd want to watch either :P
Pikabutt
Anything that may or may not include harem or elements that are clearly over-the-top. If I had to give specific series, not saying that these fall into either of the aforementioned, but Kill la Kill, Avatar, latter of which my boyfriend has made me promise to watch with him...Another would be if a series had too many female characters.

Quite picky with my anime, that's why I generally stick to the psychological thriller and mystery ones.
chaee

[ Gray Space ] wrote:

Monogatari series. Any of them.
Nigga same
_mortis
SAO2, I don't know how I finished the first season.
[ Pingu ]
Naruto, because it looks boring. One Piece, because it looks weird as fuck. And Attack on Titan, because it also looks boring. Not sure why everyone is so hyped about it. Or, was.
Green Platinum

[ Pingu ] wrote:

Naruto, because it looks boring. One Piece, because it looks weird as fuck. And Attack on Titan, because it also looks boring. Not sure why everyone is so hyped about it. Or, was.
From reading your posts. It seems to be actually any series you haven't already seen.
[ Pingu ]

Green Platinum wrote:

[ Pingu ] wrote:

Naruto, because it looks boring. One Piece, because it looks weird as fuck. And Attack on Titan, because it also looks boring. Not sure why everyone is so hyped about it. Or, was.
From reading your posts. It seems to be actually any series you haven't already seen.
Well I've watched a tiny bit (by that I mean 1-2 episodes) of Attack on Titan and thought it was awful. Never gonna watch that again. I'm not even going to touch One Piece or Naruto, so many episodes and One Piece specifically looks weird as fuck, so I don't really want to see it.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply