forum

What anime you refuse to watch?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nanase
Highschool DxD, One Piece, Naruto, KissxSis, blahblahblah...
CuticleThong
Shinmai Maou no Testament
186cm
Sword Art Online.
Green Platinum

iliyasviel nya wrote:

Sword Art Online.
Damn, what an edgy non-conformist.
Ochinchi-sama
Cory-san in the house. It gives me the shivers.
_sparky_
Date a live

I tried watching it many times but I just didn't like it.
Lilynn
School days, detective conan, 1 piece
Fenneca
Fairy Tale and Black Butler(both are over hyped as shit by friends and from what little I know about them I'd probably dislike them anyway. Also anything like k-on where there's nothing going on beside "the same old wacky shenanigans from the characters we love" and by the end of the series there's no character or story progression just "oh boy, looks like Yui and the and the gang have gotten into another sticky situation". Haven't seen it, love their songs, but that's not enough to sit through that kind of anime.
Green Platinum

Fenneca wrote:

Fairy Tale and Black Butler(both are over hyped as shit by friends and from what little I know about them I'd probably dislike them anyway. Also anything like k-on where there's nothing going on beside "the same old wacky shenanigans from the characters we love" and by the end of the series there's no character or story progression just "oh boy, looks like Yui and the and the gang have gotten into another sticky situation". Haven't seen it, love their songs, but that's not enough to sit through that kind of anime.
A series hyped by friends is generally a lot better than one hyped by randoms on the internet because common interests.
K-On is pretty crap until the last 5 for so episodes of season 2 where they graduate from high school.
Lilynn

iliyasviel nya wrote:

Sword Art Online.
Ochinchi-sama
Parasyte. Mainly because someone I can't trust when it comes to anime recommended it to me.
abraker
I will never watch:
  1. One Piece
  2. Detective Conan
  3. Dragon Ball Series
  4. 97% of anime before 2003
  5. 60% of low budget anime
Green Platinum

abraker wrote:

I will never watch:
  1. One Piece
  2. Detective Conan
  3. Dragon Ball Series
  4. 97% of anime before 2003
  5. 60% of low budget anime
Do you specifically check the budget beforehand? Or is it more if a series looks ugly you will most likely drop it?
abraker

Green Platinum wrote:

Do you specifically check the budget beforehand?
I check rating, skim reviews, look at voice actors, and Google images beforehand. I don't check budget though, wherever you find that info. I know it is wrong to judge the budget by how it looks, but that's what I do unfortunately.

Green Platinum wrote:

Or is it more if a series looks ugly you will most likely drop it?
Despite what I heard of its story, I dropped Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- 3 eps in because I couldn't stand it. I barely stood Da Capo, but managed to finish it for the sake of finishing it.
Otrebor
Nichijou.
-Ave-
Every sports anime because I can't stand the dramatization.

Guy about to throw a javelin:
[begins dramatic OST and deep monologue]
This is it, after all the trainings I have done for the past 12 episodes, my moment to shine has come. I will overcome my mental barrier and do my very best to beat my 12-episode-long green-haired rival and finally win this. Okaasan will be watching, and I will do her proud. My teammates are rooting for me, I can hear them, I could feel their support! I will...I will win this and end the series with another cliche ending and of course defy all possible laws of physics.

And all long animes because I lose interest quickly.
Green Platinum

-Ave- wrote:

This is it, after all the trainings I have done for the past 12 episodes, my moment to shine has come. I will overcome my mental barrier and do my very best to beat my 12-episode-long green-haired rival and finally win this. Okaasan will be watching, and I will do her proud. My teammates are rooting for me, I can hear them, I could feel their support! I will...I will win this and end the series with another cliche ending and of course defy all possible laws of physics.

Every shounen/action series too
Arief Santosa
Tsuritama, Natsu no Arashi & Natsume
eyeofkenku
Fairy Tale because I don't have the commitment to watch long series anymore.
Can't sit through mech series either.
A Medic

Green Platinum wrote:

-Ave- wrote:

Every shounen/action series too
Twilight Randomizer
Anything from The Big Three, or any anime from the last couple of seasons. I don't have faith in any of the anime from these seasons. Well, I had faith in Seraph of the End, and I've been failed in the first episode.
Green Platinum

Twilight Randomizer wrote:

Anything from The Big Three, or any anime from the last couple of seasons. I don't have faith in any of the anime from these seasons. Well, I had faith in Seraph of the End, and I've been failed in the first episode.
Of all the things to trust you choose that garbage.
Rajten
Anything with tsundere main characters .They're pissing me off too much D:
Toradora was k,but other titles like sns or znt...Brrrr
Blackweb
Naruto and One Piece. Naruto because I didn't really enjoy it when everybody else was flipping out like it was the best thing ever. One Piece because I only have access to the 4kidz version *shudder*
Synx7
I tried to watch Hitman Reborn! but I couldn't handle more than 10 episodes. Everyone who saw it tells me its so good but I just cant handle it
captainmilk
It's pretty much all mecha anime, they don't really interest me. I have exceptions for Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gurren Lagann though, I watched Guilty Crown but I was bored with most of it.
efdu_DELETED
Naruto and Bleach. Too many episodes. I also agree with Rebmare.

Rebmare wrote:

It's pretty much all mecha anime, they don't really interest me. I have exceptions for Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gurren Lagann though, I watched Guilty Crown but I was bored with most of it.
VnSoul
Basically every anime that has more than 100 eps
Meah
Y A O I
Juan Gis

Meow Mix wrote:

Y A O I
we are two, x2

must be because i dont like mens of other forms, how that.
Meah

JAGISSS wrote:

Meow Mix wrote:

Y A O I
we are two, x2

must be because i dont like mens of other forms, how that.
Mens of other form are fun to be with but them having a relationship with the same gender is disgusting. :o
Green Platinum

Meow Mix wrote:

Mens of other form are fun to be with but them having a relationship with the same gender is disgusting. :o
I suppose you feel the same way about yuri
Meah

Green Platinum wrote:

Meow Mix wrote:

I suppose you feel the same way about yuri
Not that much about Yuri. 8-)
Juan Gis

Meow Mix wrote:

To my i not make me disgust that, really nothing disgust me xD, I do not sick. I just prefer to see only two woman touching or woman and men. must be my preferences or not? :( :( :?
Meah

JAGISSS wrote:

Meow Mix wrote:

To my i not make me disgust that, really nothing disgust me xD, I do not sick. I just prefer to see only two woman touching or woman and men. must be my preferences or not? :( :( :?
I prefer Yuri over Yaoi too, I just can't stand two mens having such interactions.
Green Platinum
Can I know what Yaoi series you have seen?
Meah
Ep. 1 of Love Stage then drop after discovering that both of them are males, accidentally read some Y A O I doujins.
Green Platinum
So you would know Yaoi has all the shortcomings that Yuri has
Meah
I only prefer I do not watch :cry:
Green Platinum
I find the concept of refusing to watch an entire genre ridiculous.
show more