forum

What anime you refuse to watch?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Starfall9908
One Piece: I used to watch it but grow tired of the whole thing and decided to never watch it again. I also don't like the voice acting in the animr so much ;-;

Soul eater: One reason: I don't like the art style of the anime.

FullMetal Alchemist: Same reason as Soul eater

To Love Ru: Hentai. No thanks

Detective Conan: The anime is really good but I seriously can't watch 700+ episodes it'll take a life time to watch them all .__. and the anime is still ongoing.
bruBerlington
joi-
Probably K-on because the vibe I'm getting from it is that I'm gonna be bored out of my mind.

Also One Piece because episode count.
lemonguy
Seeing as I've already watched most of what is available for Naruto and One Piece, I'd say Bleach or DBZ, because episode count, and I want to watch a bunch of other anime first
Osuology
lol Imma get some hate for once:
Romeo X Juliet, sounds too sad.
AJ-FreakS
Mecha Type Anime. If I remember I watched Infinite Stratos until its 4th episode but dropping it after that.
The Winner Man

AJ-FreakS wrote:

Mecha Type Anime. If I remember I watched Infinite Stratos until its 4th episode but dropping it after that.

Mecha anime aren't bad per se, it's just that Infinite Stratos is especially shitty
[-Shuuya-]
naruto (reason- seems boring)
one piece (too many episodes)
another (horror)
elfen lied (horror)
corpse party (horror)
you guessed it, i dislike horror
literally the only "horror" anime i've watched was danganronpa
Kwinii_old
Attack on Titan.. although friends have mocked me because I'm currently addicted to this new game series in Vita called
Freedom Wars which has almost the same setting but whatever, mainly because it's too famous and I don't see the reason why..
WhiteDemon_old_1
High School DxD, 2ecchi4me
Eddy EX
Legend of Galactic Heroes...nothing wrong with it, but I don't see myself watching it in the forseeable future
Athrun

AJ-FreakS wrote:

Mecha Type Anime. If I remember I watched Infinite Stratos until its 4th episode but dropping it after that. Anyone will mention Boku no Pico (not sure to those hardcore gay) :D :D :D
You can kill yourself. Mecha is awesome.

In another note, I refuse to watch:
Yuri/Yaoi

I'm not perverted.
Athrun

41236 wrote:

Pokemon, mecha anime and 100+ episode anime except Ranma 1/2 and DBZ.
You can kill yourself as well. Gundam 00 is awesome.
deadbeat

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

41236 wrote:

Pokemon, mecha anime and 100+ episode anime except Ranma 1/2 and DBZ.
and that's your opinion. no attacking people just because they don't like something you do.
Xayne
Binge watching One Piece was the best decision I've ever made. Took me almost a year, but I'm caught up now and the journey was great. I know it's a lot of episodes, but I highly recommend it if you can find the time to watch a few episodes here and there. The writing is fantastic.

Anyway, on topic, I haven't watched Death Note, Inuyasha, or FMA. None of them have really done much to capture my attention.
Athrun

deadbeat wrote:

Athrun_Yamato wrote:

and that's your opinion. no attacking people just because they don't like something you do.
Ik that's my opinion but T_T'''''

Ok, yeah Ik...
polka
Any anime with too many episodes! (Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail)
Also, no sports anime. I just don't see the fun in that o///o
(especially since I don't play any sports and don't know how they work)
Mr Capuce

PolkaMocha wrote:

(Naruto, Bleach, One Piece)
Factorial
Infinite Stratos, suggested by my friend :o
Lord Timzki
pokemon , afro samurai , dbz , and naruto
oreNa_
Kiss X Sis
Jinnial
Definitely Naruto and One Piece.
Verniy_Chan
any anime horror with protagonist died
Dokixdoki
Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, or Fairy Tail. There are just too many episodes and I can read the manga faster.
-Anonymous-_old_1
Naruto,One Piece and Bleach
Reim DNeir
I don't want to watch any dark anime with a heavy story... Except it becomes insanely popular.

I refused to watch SnK when it first comes out, but my friends insist me to watch it...
krio2013

aliciasimoned wrote:

Black Butler II
NoScreename
Most anime made before 2000. (I usually don't like the style of the old animes.)
[Bystander]

Neil Leo wrote:

Infinite Stratos, suggested by my friend :o
I didn't even make it through two episodes :cry:
Scintillate

NoScreename wrote:

Most anime made before 2000. (I usually don't like the style of the old animes.)
honestly i dont understand why so many people think this way. there are many anime classics that are amazing and enjoyable to watch that were created in the pre-2000's. it just kinna shows what a person looks forward to in an anime. do you watch it for the cute school girls bouncing there boobs around or do you watch it for a story.

im not saying all anime in the 2000's are bad.. i just mean there are some before that time that are great.

anyway, i refuse to start Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu this season.. there is so much hype, but i dont really know why. someone needs to convince me better.
Green Platinum

Scintillate wrote:

NoScreename wrote:

honestly i dont understand why so many people think this way. there are many anime classics that are amazing and enjoyable to watch that were created in the pre-2000's. it just kinna shows what a person looks forward to in an anime. do you watch it for the cute school girls bouncing there boobs around or do you watch it for a story.

im not saying all anime in the 2000's are bad.. i just mean there are some before that time that are great.
This logic pretty much applies to anyone who mentions a subset of anime in this thread to me it just feels like they are just arbitrarily burning bridges of potential great shows.

Like this person now probably wont ever watch Utena or other greats. And while a pre-2000 anime can't be made anymore whats stopping them from judging a show that looks aged or unique in a similar vein to phenomenal shows coming out for other genres people reject.
Levitationn
Free!. 'nuff said. Although I like the characters' looks, the anime itself is pretty boring to me. I dropped it halfway through episode 1 T_T
DarkShytov

Levitationn wrote:

Free!. 'nuff said. Although I like the characters' looks, the anime itself is pretty boring to me. I dropped it halfway through episode 1 T_T
I just refuse to watch that because of the male fan service.. I can't imagine my sibling walking in on me as I watch it =~=.
Levitationn

DarkShytov wrote:

Levitationn wrote:

I just refuse to watch that because of the male fan service.. I can't imagine my sibling walking in on me as I watch it =~=.
Yes! I know how you feel! All that fan service; wow.
and happiness
SAO only comes to mind. surely there are more.
Pamarduk
One Piece. 700 eps? ain't nobody got time for dat. Actually, same goes for all those long-running series. you miss a season, you have 200 eps to catch up in an instant. I only watched YGO as a series, mainly because that one had differing MCs every seasons.

DaL. something about it is very very stale. probably because by the time it's released there's already a sh*tton of harem animes with the same cliches repeated over, and over, and over again in different form, and misunderstanding fanservice as comedy. I can barely watch past the half of the first ep.
Kin
every VN adaptation, I want to finish the VN 1st.
AJ-FreakS

Pamarduk wrote:

One Piece. 700 eps? ain't nobody got time for dat. Actually, same goes for all those long-running series. you miss a season, you have 200 eps to catch up in an instant. I only watched YGO as a series, mainly because that one had differing MCs every seasons.

DaL. something about it is very very stale. probably because by the time it's released there's already a sh*tton of harem animes with the same cliches repeated over, and over, and over again in different form, and misunderstanding fanservice as comedy. I can barely watch past the half of the first ep.
Exactly^
hersa37
So far, I haven't declined anything (other than the one mentioned above) for any reason other than cause I don't have time, but if there was any that I would refuse to watch if I had known about it from a-z, it would be mahou sensou. That thing belongs in the dump
show more