forum

What anime you refuse to watch?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nathanael
» Naruto, Dragonball, Fairy Tail, Slam Dunk, and One Piece.
Sorry for the lovers of these anime.
Himitsu26

Kamixdesu wrote:

I refuse to watch Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica ._. (I heard that it's very sad)
At the moment I just don't have a desire to watch a sad anime.

yeah it really is...but anyways...I love your profile pic! yaoi is the best XD
Akimari_old
Aku no Hana. Not because of JUST the art, but because I heard it gets really creepy and disturbing.
Naruto and Bleach as well. Soooo lonnnnnnng.
Sotodashi

AzerFrost wrote:

Madoka - I feel like this targetted an audience of 7 year old girls.
Only if you didn't watch more than the first 2 episodes.
Xyrene
Naruto, One Piece, Fairy Tail. Sorry, I just can't take mainstream action anime...=\
CaptainH
First post in forums is a hate post, nice!

Fairy tail.

I stopped at episode 110 (give or take) which is a reasonable amount for me to actually be able to hate on this anime. I watched it in order to see what was so good about this anime and what were the major elements that made this anime such a huge hit. Sure, it has some humorous points but then again, each (figuratively) fight scene just made my face cringed so hard i thought i was watching leafa/lyfa and kirito dance.
One of the many examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trI7OuLdfoA#t=386s That narrator needs to shut up! Those lines in an anime filled with fanservice (another reason why i hate this anime so much) and action, DO NOT MIX WELL AT ALL. And those faces made in the next new seconds makes me want to get inside the anime and b*tch slap the sh*t out of them.
Not to forget, there is ABSOLUTELY no blood in any of the scenes; even daily lives of high school boys nosebleeds even more blood than those spilled in fairy tail. Also, the creator LOVES to over-mention simple things and quickly tries to unnecessary develop the huge amount of unnecessary characters he has created. EVERYONE just has to show their reaction to every (figuratively) single thing that happens in fights as a fail attempt to move the audience.

EDIT: I found blood!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyYgnI7bR4s

TL;DR - Fairy tail in a nutshell:

Nakama power

Give user(s) omnipotent powers in the respective area.

Condition: Allies below 10% hp or emotionally hurt. This is also applies to flashbacks.

Cooldown: Almost every single fight scene.

SAO

1. Fanservice - E.g Kirito vs Eugene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52cDhvZVmuo#t=253 really...? Was that needed?
And of course, episode 4. It's NSFW so i'm not gonna post it here.

The ending wasn't bad though (i skipped episodes).

@offtopic - What is up with AMVs? I can't find a single fairy tail fight scene without scurrying through pages bullshit.
Babukus

taysongnian wrote:

SAO

1. Fanservice - E.g Kirito vs Eugene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52cDhvZVmuo#t=253 really...? Was that needed?
Really? I didn't even notice it cause I'm not a stickler on these things. It's not like they showed her ass or boobs or anything.

That's nothing. lol There are plenty of worse things with stupid fanservice moments.

Only the minority seriously cares about this (in things like SAO).
mathexpert

taysongnian wrote:

SAO
And of course, episode 4. It's NSFW so i'm not gonna post it here.
2. Incest - Nothing to be elaborated on here. Just.. wtf.
lol you seem like quite the prude
The Winner Man
The animation for Aku no Hana is so bad that the animators should go eat a pile of shit. Same goes for the makers of the ed.
CaptainH

Babukus wrote:

Really? I didn't even notice it cause I'm not a stickler on these things. It's not like they showed her ass or boobs or anything.

That's nothing. lol There are plenty of worse things with stupid fanservice moments.

Only the minority seriously cares about this (in things like SAO).
The thing is, they weren't consistent in such content. Up to episode 4, i took SAO seriously and thought it would easily be one of my top 5. Then.. episode 4 came and took that away. Am i suppose to expect fanservice? or should i continue to view the anime seriously. From episode 5 onward, there was an absence of that and i shrugged off episode 4. For example: Kirito vs Kuradeel. Kirito vs Heathcliff. You don't see Asuna in the sidelines making orgasmic noises and "*gasp* kirito-kun!*gasp*" or flaunt her ass and boobs. I don't want to find anymore examples since this pretty much already proves my point.

I am fine with animes like Kaminomi (Definitely in my top 5. Excellent manga) having fanservice since i am watching a romance anime.

mathexpert9981 wrote:

lol you seem like quite the prude
That's strange. I watched Ikki Tousen with great ease. I was already expecting fanservice and finally watched it. But that already meant i wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless we were discussing highschool dxd or highschool of the dead.

Note:: It feels like someone at one point would argue that fanservice has other meanings like the aesthetics of the anime itself as a service to fans. NOPE! I'm not talking about that kind of fanservice. I am talking about flaunting boobs and ass.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

The Winner Man wrote:

The animation for Aku no Hana is so bad that the animators should go eat a pile of shit. Same goes for the makers of the ed.
Well the animation was realistic though but I just started watching the first episode on Crunchyroll.
Mogsy

The Winner Man wrote:

It's not the best rotoscoping but not everything needs to be generic anime or moe. They made an artistic choice that was definitely risky and within the context of the show, it pays off. Rotoscoping requires pretty much double their available budget to make it more than what it is, but the lack of quality in some of the movement adds to the overall ambiance.

Seriously, the content of the show is such that if it had moe art (or hell, even the original art to an extent), it would come across as fetishizing the content as opposed to actually framing the actions for what they are: evil.

smdh otaku. See things in an artistic context.
The Winner Man
The story is fine its just that it the people move like a penguin bobbling side to side and its really creepy how they looks when they open their mouths. I mean at first I saw the background and stuff so I thought it would be pretty nice. Then I saw the people which made me scared of the characters themselves and not how dark the story was. Like Nakamura is supposed to look somewhat sinister or something like that but I can't see that because her head looks like a talking potato.
Outsanity
The main ones for me are Bleach, Naruto, Deathnote and DB.
The only one from the last season I had to drop and refuse to watch was Amnesia.
Outsanity

Koro McAlpine wrote:

The Winner Man wrote:

Well the animation was realistic though but I just started watching the first episode on Crunchyroll.
I will agree the animation style was weird but, I think I can overlook it if the story is good.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

The Winner Man wrote:

The story is fine its just that it the people move like a penguin bobbling side to side and its really creepy how they looks when they open their mouths. I mean at first I saw the background and stuff so I thought it would be pretty nice. Then I saw the people which made me scared of the characters themselves and not how dark the story was. Like Nakamura is supposed to look somewhat sinister or something like that but I can't see that because her head looks like a talking potato.
Maybe that's the reason why...

Outsanity wrote:

I will agree the animation style was weird but, I think I can overlook it if the story is good.
It sure was. That's why I'm getting addicted to it, but couldn't wait for the second episode to be free on Crunchyroll next week.
Mogsy

The Winner Man wrote:

Is it making you uncomfortable?

If yes, it's adding to the aesthetic and doing its job.

It doesn't want the viewer to like it, it wants the viewer to feel as uneasy and nervous as possible. And the animation does a good job of that. It's not like Higurashi, which is just filled with bad animation purely due to budget, but this is a budget rotoscope that manages to work due to its aesthetic choices.
The Winner Man
Mmm okay so it tries to make you feel disturbed while looking at the characters and with the music so it can make you feel worse when the story get really dark. Makes sense I suppose though it makes me feel quite a bit of discomfort. Also I'm not asking for moe art or anything like that but I feel like maybe something like spirited away type art would fit nicely.
Sotodashi

Mogsworth wrote:

The Winner Man wrote:

It's not the best rotoscoping but not everything needs to be generic anime or moe. They made an artistic choice that was definitely risky and within the context of the show, it pays off. Rotoscoping requires pretty much double their available budget to make it more than what it is, but the lack of quality in some of the movement adds to the overall ambiance.

Seriously, the content of the show is such that if it had moe art (or hell, even the original art to an extent), it would come across as fetishizing the content as opposed to actually framing the actions for what they are: evil.

smdh otaku. See things in an artistic context.
It didn't really pay off, the sales bombed.

Mogsworth wrote:

If yes, it's adding to the aesthetic and doing its job.

It doesn't want the viewer to like it, it wants the viewer to feel as uneasy and nervous as possible. And the animation does a good job of that. It's not like Higurashi, which is just filled with bad animation purely due to budget, but this is a budget rotoscope that manages to work due to its aesthetic choices.
>that manages to work

One might be feeling uncomfortable due to the animation and art being shit.
Mogsy

Sotodashi wrote:

It didn't really pay off, the sales bombed.
Of course they did. It's not something that appeals to the status quo, therefore it's not selling well.

Sotodashi wrote:

>that manages to work

One might be feeling uncomfortable due to the animation and art being shit.
Yet again, the technical incompetence adding to the ambiance is completely unintentional but wholly effective. It adds to the aesthetic. I don't like how it looks but it makes me uncomfortable, along with the rest of the presentation in each episode aired so far. So it's doing its job.

Not everything needs to have a comfortable element. WELCOME TO THE REALM OF THE ARTHOUSE
Matcha Frappe
Dog days, school days & Yumeiro Pâtissière...
Ok 1. I tried dog days, dropped it immediately. At first i was like: oh cute dog ears & all! and it looks like a fantasy! and then when the battle happens it's just a competition or something. that ruined it completely for me >:c don't really like the plot.
School days, tried it too but I found it extreemely boring and gray, though I know it's intentionally supposed to be sort of hateful I just can't get around to watching the whole thing so I just skipped to the end where the revenge happens hehe.
Now the shoujo anime yumeiro, it has good reviews but i have a stupid grudge over an old ''friend'' who showed me this so everytime i see it it reminds me of her. And besides I don't really like shoujos at all except for some.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Numii wrote:

Dog days, school days & Yumeiro Pâtissière...
Ok 1. I tried dog days, dropped it immediately. At first i was like: oh cute dog ears & all! and it looks like a fantasy! and then when the battle happens it's just a competition or something. that ruined it completely for me >:c don't really like the plot.
School days, tried it too but I found it extreemely boring and gray, though I know it's intentionally supposed to be sort of hateful I just can't get around to watching the whole thing so I just skipped to the end where the revenge happens hehe.
Now the shoujo anime yumeiro, it has good reviews but i have a stupid grudge over an old ''friend'' who showed me this so everytime i see it it reminds me of her. And besides I don't really like shoujos at all except for some.
For Yumeiro Pâtissière, I love this anime and I finished the whole anime until it got replaced with Beezlebub. Maybe the art design of the anime are like the art from Kodomo no Omocha. But in America, Shoujo anime can't be licensed in here because it sold terribly but Shoujo Manga (Sailor Moon's re-release is best selling manga currently). But I sometimes had a grudge over the very first Pretty Cure because Canada and UK aired it and US don't and we can watch it legally online. I wanted to watch it but sometimes still.
Kyonko Hizara
Aku no Hana. It burns my soul.
Issei Hyoudou_old

SharinganGirl wrote:

High School DxD
Dropped it when i finished the first episode
Really? You should watch more episodes of DxD and give it a second chance.
sayaka-miki
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I've heard that in an episode, they repeat the episode 8 times.

Naruto

It's really long, and I don't have time to catch up with that many episodes.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

sayaka-miki wrote:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I've heard that in an episode, they repeat the episode 8 times.

Naruto

It's really long, and I don't have time to catch up with that many episodes.
Oh yeah, it was boring if you start watching it, but the best thing is to skip some episodes until it's over.
Kanade4Life
never ending anime and mecha stuff except CG and GC

ooooh just realized these two have same initials
dewilacie
Kaichou Wa Maid Sama. I'd rather read the manga than watch the anime.
[Kanzaki Ranko]
K-On!: moeshit
Anything with over 200 episodes.
OzzyOzrock
anything that isn't moeshit
BrokenArrow

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Good boy.
Michalv
Ecchi, Harem x,x
DeathxThexKidCR
I refuse to watch Acchi Kocchi; because it can be funny at times, but in my opinion is boring as hell... Nothing interesting happens in that anime and I also refuse to watch Minami-ke u_u
KinkiN

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Kyonko Hizara
Currently: Aku no Hana
Heibel

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

It is actually a pretty good anime. Most people are just turned off by the animation and fact that the characters actually look like Japanese people
Rouward
K-On!! and Movie if they keep spoiling the last scene on my news feed (dunno why they still doing that). I haven't finish the season 1 yet (just 3 episodes to go)
Mogsy
I generally will watch anything but end up more apprehensive towards moeshit and ecchi. Probably why Date A Live is un-fucking-watchable
Moonpower

Heibel wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

It is actually a pretty good anime. Most people are just turned off by the animation and fact that the characters actually look like Japanese people
I actually like that more 'realistic' style, enjoying the series so far.

I won't watch those long anime (naruto, bleach, etc.), except for gintama since I have been following it early on.
Dropped sword art online, found it quite bland.
Rouward
Adding some of my dropped anime:

Haruhi Suzumiya: Plain boring, uninteresting and ecchi. Currently my top worst anime.
Gintama: Tried to watch this on TV in random, but it didn't show any funny scene or parody (just plain) and it ends when a UFO crashed and the main character leaves his friends for that. Kinda disappointed
Kiss X Sis: Lust (it's against our religion)
Madoka: Criticisms and ongoing memes (I decide not to watch that anime)
Code Geass: Rip-off of Gundam
Beck: Before, it was one of my fave anime 'cause I'm interest to the bands at that time, but when I started watching K-On, I put Beck to my drop list 'cause I realize it wasn't good and just boring plot.
Kill Me Baby: I like this anime but can't stand weirdness. Stopped after episode 3
Ro-Kyu-Bu: Loli and Basketball. After watching episode 1, I realize it's not a type of anime I want.
show more