forum

[resolved] Incorrect time displayed in local score ranking + tooltip [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
statementreply
Explain the issue you are having:

Tooltip of online scores shows local time, but ranking screen of online/local scores and tooltip of local scores shows UTC instead.

It only affects recent scores. Old scores seem to be fine (local time is displayed in all four occasions).

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

0. Take a look at your clock :P
1. Play (and pass) a ranked map.
2. Check the achieved time in the ranking screen: local time.
3. Go back to song selection menu.
4. Check the achieved time in a) online score tooltip, b) online score ranking screen, c) local score tooltip, d) local score ranking screen: all shows local time.
5. Restart osu!
6. Do 4 again: a) in local time, b) c) d) in UTC.

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
peppy
I started to look into this earlier this week but got completely lost in time zones. There is another thread for this but doesn't have as much detail. Confirming this.
Topic Starter
statementreply

peppy wrote:

I started to look into this earlier this week but got completely lost in time zones. There is another thread for this but doesn't have as much detail. Confirming this.
All logic/calculation/storage/exchange in UTC, convert to local time only before displaying to user ==> Nothing should go terribly wrong except for time zone policy changes, DST rule changes and leap seconds :P
MillhioreF
Bump. I'm not sure exactly what time it's using, but I don't think it's UTC.

This was played on 7/14/2013 11:24:58 AM, but the score tooltip shows it as a full 12 hours behind what it should be. This does not happen on ranked scores, where the time displays as it should.
Flaemes
Bump.
With new patch problem is clearly seen.
I'm using UTC+6 time.
Online record seem fine
Right after playing in local record time was -2 hours
After restart osu time turned for -6 hours
MillhioreF
Definitely a more important bug than it was before due to the new "time ago" feature.
akrolsmir

MillhioreF wrote:

Definitely a more important bug than it was before due to the new "time ago" feature.
Yeah, that's what led me to notice it as well.

Is there anyone that does not experience this issue? (Presumably besides those living in UTC +0).
myy
Yea. Same happens here. Noticed it this morning when I played a beatmap and after that it stood 7h beside my score. Yesterday it stood like 2s or 4s beside my score after I played a beatmap.. ._.
NekomimiD
I'm glad I found this before posting a dupe, but I'm disappointed to find out that it's an old problem with no fix.
peppy
Fixed in latest test build.