forum

My Chemical Romance - To The End

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Keyboard_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, August 19, 2011 at 8:29:17 PM

Artist: My Chemical Romance
Title: To The End
Tags: My Chemical Romance To The End
BPM: 163
Filesize: 4261kb
Play Time: 02:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.06 stars, 120 notes)
  2. Hard (4.31 stars, 199 notes)
Download: My Chemical Romance - To The End
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This song is awesome and catchy!! :D

Easy mode is a piece of cake.
Hard mode added! With a rad guitar solo :P

I am currently working on the normal mode.
[deleted user]
I like it a lot but most ikely because you are probably the only person that makes maps from bands I like.

I think for the normal mode, 00:09:34 (1,1,2,3) , the spinner either lasts too long or the beats come too fast. It doesnt give you alot of time to re-adjust your hand.
And for the normal mode, 00:18:73 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) , it comes a little late. I tihnk you should push it a little foward.
Topic Starter
Keyboard_old
Thanks brackle.
I nudge 00:18:73 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) foward by 2 1/6 time divisions.
And for 00:09:34 (1,1,2,3), I shortened the slider a little bit, by 0.5 of a second.
Starrodkirby86
Yeeeeah! Revived. Best of luck, bro!
Starrodkirby86
Oh, uh, just a special note. First, I'm double posting so you realize I'm making a new notification here. xD

Don't try editing the opening post -- you may potentially break the automated stuff the BSS does.

Instead, just put all of your qualms, concerns, and comments inside the Beatmap Description box when you're resubmitting your map. Thanks~
Topic Starter
Keyboard_old
Okay. Understood. :D
Kei
Hi!
From my modding queue c:

General

MP3 File quality is very low. 64 kbps. According to Official Ranking submission criteria guidelines: "The bitrate of a beatmap's audio file should be no lower than 128kbps and no higher than 192kbps."

Remove from tags "My Chemical Romance To The End" because that words are already in the title&artist song info.

Use Grid Level 3 for better patterns.

[Easy]

Use Distance Snap when you map.
Use 1/4 beat snap divisor. Make sliders symmetrical.

00:00:818 (1) - Slider end at 00:01:370
00:01:738 (2) - Slider end at 00:01:922.
00:02:106 (3) - Slider end at 00:02:290.
00:02:566 (4) - Move circle to 00:02:566.
00:03:762 (1, 2, 3...) - Do the same I told you below.
00:09:283 (1) - change slider end to 00:11:492
00:12:412 (2) - New combo here and remove new combo of the next circle.
00:13:148 (2, 3, 4...) - Spacing :s
00:15:265 (Break) - I don't like this breaks :c empty timeline parts that you can map.
00:25:111 (4) - Move to 00:25:203.
00:35:969 (1) - Make slider end at 00:37:257.
00:38:730 (1) - Make slider end at white tick (00:40:018).
00:41:674 (1) - Move slider here.
00:59:710 (6) - Make Slider end at 01:01:550.

... Now find problems like the mentioned below by yourself changing Playback Rate to 25% :) .

[Hard]

Like I said before, use distance snap & grid level 3.

00:03:762 (1) - Spacing.
00:06:155 (6) - Make slider end here.

Same problems as in Easy. (Sliders bad ended, spacing). Change playback rate to 25%, listen carefully, and fix.

Use your imagination, make good-looking symmetrical sliders, designs c:
That's all :D Good luck with your beatmap! If you need something feel free to PM me c:
Topic Starter
Keyboard_old
Made the changes you suggested and some more.
Also I changed the MP3 file.

Thanks!

Keilara wrote:

Hi!
From my modding queue c:

General

MP3 File quality is very low. 64 kbps. According to Official Ranking submission criteria guidelines: "The bitrate of a beatmap's audio file should be no lower than 128kbps and no higher than 192kbps."

Remove from tags "My Chemical Romance To The End" because that words are already in the title&artist song info.

Use Grid Level 3 for better patterns.

[Easy]

Use Distance Snap when you map.
Use 1/4 beat snap divisor. Make sliders symmetrical.

00:00:818 (1) - Slider end at 00:01:370
00:01:738 (2) - Slider end at 00:01:922.
00:02:106 (3) - Slider end at 00:02:290.
00:02:566 (4) - Move circle to 00:02:566.
00:03:762 (1, 2, 3...) - Do the same I told you below.
00:09:283 (1) - change slider end to 00:11:492
00:12:412 (2) - New combo here and remove new combo of the next circle.
00:13:148 (2, 3, 4...) - Spacing :s
00:15:265 (Break) - I don't like this breaks :c empty timeline parts that you can map.
00:25:111 (4) - Move to 00:25:203.
00:35:969 (1) - Make slider end at 00:37:257.
00:38:730 (1) - Make slider end at white tick (00:40:018).
00:41:674 (1) - Move slider here.
00:59:710 (6) - Make Slider end at 01:01:550.

... Now find problems like the mentioned below by yourself changing Playback Rate to 25% :) .

[Hard]

Like I said before, use distance snap & grid level 3.

00:03:762 (1) - Spacing.
00:06:155 (6) - Make slider end here.

Same problems as in Easy. (Sliders bad ended, spacing). Change playback rate to 25%, listen carefully, and fix.

Use your imagination, make good-looking symmetrical sliders, designs c:
That's all :D Good luck with your beatmap! If you need something feel free to PM me c:
Magical Pokie
Yeah
Makar
I think this may be wrong because of how it sounds in the beginning but I think offset of 622ms and 163bpm is better. Make all the other timing points uninherited unless you are for sure those are offset changes (though it doesn't sound like it to me). The notes in Hard seem to be off the timeline (not to mention not snapped) so resnape/adjust the notes after doing the offset change if you decide to do so.

Based on how it's been for the past idk how many request Selee will probably post here with a more accurate Offset/BPM.

No Kudosu please. Good luck with the map

EDIT: After changing the MP3 file the offset is most likely going to be different, should've done that before asking in the timing help thread.
Luvdic
You haven't changed your mp3 file yet, or you did but you didn't do a full submit. Please fix this cause the current mp3 file I currently have is 64 kbps
Topic Starter
Keyboard_old
I changed the mp3 before I posted in the timing and offset thread.
I'll try resubmitting it again.

EDIT: RESUBMITTED, Pretty sure the audio is changed now.
Mithos
From my Modding Queue

Hard Difficulty:
The notes before each phrase make it kinda awkward. Sliders start a bit too soon and end the same way. Sightreading this was difficult. Keep the short sliders, but put them on sync a bit more. There was a few random spinners that made me go lolwhut, and I felt the MP3 was a little quiet. I loved the guitar solo part though. The reverses kept the pace going and the mouse moving.

Easy Difficulty:
Assuming the notes were following the vocals, they started way to early and ended half way through the phrase. After I was done the short sliders here, I felt lost as the part I was following was still going but the notes were gone. Some parts only had one note while others had too many. I liked the hard more, but not by much.

Overall, it needs work. There were a few spots that would make the beatmap amazing, but they are dragged down by out of place notes, awkwardness, and just low quality. I suggest retiming the difficulties so before you start making your own beat with the hitsounds, you have the given rhythm followed. Adding a BG (or a video?) and putting in a few new combo colors to match the BG would raise the quality up a bit. I am looking forward to the next version of this, where it might just earn a star from me.
Topic Starter
Keyboard_old
Thanks, I will work on it.

Mithost wrote:

From my Modding Queue

Hard Difficulty:
The notes before each phrase make it kinda awkward. Sliders start a bit too soon and end the same way. Sightreading this was difficult. Keep the short sliders, but put them on sync a bit more. There was a few random spinners that made me go lolwhut, and I felt the MP3 was a little quiet. I loved the guitar solo part though. The reverses kept the pace going and the mouse moving.

Easy Difficulty:
Assuming the notes were following the vocals, they started way to early and ended half way through the phrase. After I was done the short sliders here, I felt lost as the part I was following was still going but the notes were gone. Some parts only had one note while others had too many. I liked the hard more, but not by much.

Overall, it needs work. There were a few spots that would make the beatmap amazing, but they are dragged down by out of place notes, awkwardness, and just low quality. I suggest retiming the difficulties so before you start making your own beat with the hitsounds, you have the given rhythm followed. Adding a BG (or a video?) and putting in a few new combo colors to match the BG would raise the quality up a bit. I am looking forward to the next version of this, where it might just earn a star from me.
Selee
Timing:
BPM: 163.000
Offset: 118
eldnl
[General]

- First of all, you must use the same distance snap. Does not mean you use the same distance between all notes, to understand better I leave this photo: http://osu.ppy.sh/images/beatspacing.jpg
- The bpm and offset need to be the same in all difficulties, actually, the hard difficulty have 163.01bpm, while the normal difficulty has 163. And the offset is not the same.
- You ought use the same "Preview Point" in all difficulties, I suggest to use 00:35:453 in both difficulties.
- Change the audio lead-in to 2000. Open the .osu file and edit manually. File > Open .osu in notepad. http://puu.sh/4tGz
- You should use the same combo colors in all difficulties. To select the same color you can copy the code in .osu file. http://puu.sh/4tGO You should copy the [Colours] and paste in the same place of the other .osu
- The second bpm is wrong, ask a BAT to view the timing.
- Good and symmetric sliders are always good.

[Easy]

Approach Rate 3
HP Drain Rate 2
Overall Difficulty 2
Circle size bigger

- Delete this timing section (01:54:737)
- This difficulty have really hard patterns, I suggest to map this in just 1/1 beats. Obviously you can use 1/2 beats when the song needed. You should follow the instrumental rhythm and not the voice in the easy difficulties.
- I suggest to use a slider velocity of 0,6x
- Use a distance snap of 1,0x Use Alt+Scroll to change it.
- Always use the distance snap. Don't make jumps and anti-jumps.
- Little spacing errors like this looks really bad, please avoid them.
- Don't put notes like this, is confusing and makes the player presses hastily. Also try to not stack notes in the easier difficulty. You can stack notes under the notes, or sliders under a notes, but NEVER stack notes under a slider.
- Don't put breaks in the best part of the song. As you did here 01:37:295.

[Hard]

Approach Rate 6
HP Drain Rate 5
Overall Difficulty 5
Circle size between normal and large.

- 185 Unsnapped notes. Go to the tab Timing > Resnap all notes
- Fix the bpm and offset. Also, why you don't have the second timing section here? Remove in easy or add one here (Obviously the correct)
- The slider speed 1,2x work well. The current velocity is very slow I think.
- Do not let the combos are over than 10. And is they are all evenly

That's just a general mod, I think you need a remap in both difficulties. When you're ready, let me know for a recheck :)
Good luck ^^
Topic Starter
Keyboard_old
Thank you sooooo much!
You're comments and suggestions are really helpful! Especially with the pictures, thanks again!
I wil lmessage you when I have finished remapping it.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.