forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
FoxCat
http://osu.ppy.sh/mp/5433868 not part of the thread but Finland and we, Venezuela, had a Friendly match with RO16 songs and sames rules :)

Btw, first two are warm ups.

Final score was 4-3 winning Finland LoL :D

GG Finland and congratz for winning the friendly :)
fabriciorby
exhibition matches are so nice
Cristian

-Pikachu- wrote:

blablabla
When Phenomz become more pro?... rly
Gon
Ok so

What? Why can't we play on Sunday? It's still the weekends, and our times match. Or was the day fixed to Saturday from the beginning (Why wasn't this told/specified from the beginning, and why are we being punished for it)?

Why the hurried force schedule? It's still Wednesday, I reply to Xakyrie -everyday- to try to make this work, and I have talked to Jappy myself on this issue. Sunday is completely fine for both of us. Are we really prioritizing tournament staff now?

What the hell?
xsrsbsns
Last week:

1. Match scheduled for Sunday night.
2. On Friday night, Australia said they couldn't play on Sunday. p/1979042 partly due to the late result of Norway vs China
3. Match abruptly changed to Saturday evening, without any notice to the Malaysian side. Malaysia loses if they fail to show up.
4. As expected, Malaysia couldn't gather enough players and was declared the loser in #owc, by a single person with the wrong information.
5. Fortunately, Gon saw it in the channel and we spoke.

This week:

1. Available play times were requested once again.
2. We sent in our times, and the organizers told us Australia's times.
3. We found a time in which both Malaysia and Australia would be able to play, and proposed it as match time.
4. Australia is "suddenly changing their times". http://puu.sh/1CH8I
5. With still days to go, the match is force scheduled according to their suddenly changed times, without any discussion and input by us. Malaysia loses if they fail to show up.

it's over 9000

Both teams have no problem scheduling a match, and I have no issues with Australia, just the attitude shown by some of the organizers.

Edit: We now have Australia's times and are trying to schedule the match, much thanks to Jappy & farto. http://puu.sh/1CHNS

Vish024
That's a bit harsh, I won't stand for that. I suggest Jappy and the Malay captain discuss this and come to a decision.
Mythol

LaVolpe024 wrote:

That's a bit harsh, I won't stand for that. I suggest Jappy and the Malay captain discuss this and come to a decision.
+1
Cyclohexane
Wait what

I read that discussion and it didn't make much sense.

Was there a confusion? Did Xakyrie write Saturday instead of Sunday? No idea.

All that I know is, I will be there for both Saturday and Sunday to commentate and possibly be the referee of matches.
Nyquill
Lol I don't even know what's going on anymore.
fartownik
Already spoken with captains of both teams. The date will be announced soon.
Totoki
my head went dizzzy from all the time changes... ;_;
Makar

Gon wrote:

Are we really prioritizing tournament staff now?
No, it's not that. There was most likely just confusion.

I honestly don't see why it wasn't on sunday either lol.
fabriciorby
GO BR
Wishy
I assume all PMs are being received by all 3 individuals. Meaning when Captain A sends a PM to Scheduler, it goes off with a copy to Captain B, meaning you make of this pretty much a chat between both captains and the scheduler. This would be helpful since it would make this kind of confusions less likely.

Semi-Finals + Finals + 3rd place match: 11-13 Jan 2013

This should be changed, having to play two matches on the same weekend might be impossible, and having to practice two map pools gonna be a pain (a lot of maps yeah). I get the feeling this has been set like this just for staff convenience which is stupid. Assuming this because I can't see any other benefit for anyone by doing this.
Topic Starter
Loctav
If both teams are unable to meet an arrangement till Thursday 20th Dec 2012, 13 UTC, the current time needs to stay.

The thing is, current time is the only one Australia can use for playing 4v4.
The scheduled time may does not fall under the "preferred time range" of Malaysia, but since Malaysia did not specify any "totally unavailable"-timerange, this has been considered as fine.

You have enough time to arrange yourself with the set time or try to meet a different arrangement in time (see above).
If you fail to show up without meeting a better agreement in time, we unfortunately can't help it.

@Wishy both rounds share a mappool (not exactly share, will explain it later). And I see no issue in holding 4 matches in 1 weekend, especially when it works on Quarterfinals, too : P
Metro

Loctav wrote:

If both teams are unable to meet an arrangement till Thursday 20th Dec 2012, 13 UTC, the current time needs to stay.

The scheduled time may does not fall under the "preferred time range" of Malaysia, but since Malaysia did not specify any "totally unavailable"-timerange, this has been considered as fine.

You have enough time to arrange yourself with the set time or try to meet a different arrangement in time (see above).
If you fail to show up without meeting a better agreement in time, we unfortunately can't help it.

@Wishy both rounds share a mappool (not exactly share, will explain it later). And I see no issue in holding 4 matches in 1 weekend, especially when it works on Quarterfinals, too : P
So Australia can unexpectedly change their times but Malaysia can't? You're screwing up man. No one wants to see default wins or 3v4 matches. Get that straight and try to schedule the match.
JappyBabes

Metro wrote:

So Australia can unexpectedly change their times but Malaysia can't? You're screwing up man. No one wants to see default wins or 3v4 matches. Get that straight and try to schedule the match.
Just to clarify, we've never 'suddenly changed' our times. I had received two responses from members of Australia and all that happened was I finally got a third response which allowed me to give a time to the match schedulers.
Wishy

Loctav wrote:

Yeah well what I mean is that it is highly likely a team won't be able to play both days so matches are likely to be postponed. I'd rather have a map-pool for semi-finals and one for finals/3rd place but whatever.

At least personally if I had to play two matches in two days I'd be mad and completely against it.

I don't know what's happening with this but if some country is only able to play for 2 hours while the other is available to play for more but casually can't play on those 2 hours, then the team having a small time frame to play should adapt to the other. If I can play all week except for sunday 20hs and only time you can play is sunday 20hs then **** you.

So Jappy told me that Malaysia didn't show up for the scheduled time they got last week, if Malaysia can't adapt to Australia now then gg they should be out.
Fenek Alfa
Chuuni logic here.
Chuuni logic there.
Chuuni logic all over this tournament.

It probably wouldn't happen if the matches were set up directly.
JappyBabes

Loctav wrote:

So a 4v4 isn't possible but a 3v3 might be able to happen 10AM UTC on Saturday or Sunday, probably Sunday. I say might because this was discussed with xsrsbsns, not Gon (Malaysia's captain), and he isn't sure about some of his member's available times.
xsrsbsns
^ posting to confirm, will finalize next hour.

Although we're close to getting eliminated, to commentators: you can omit the "ex" in my nickname if you want, reading it sounds awkward :P
rickyboi
0OosrsbsnsoO0 /o/
KRZY
afaik 3v3 isn't allowed after group stages
xsrsbsns
About that, we got the green light from farto
Cyclohexane
Yeah my post kinda got deleted back there and I'm not quite pleased with this.

I'm just saying that the staff should work on making this simpler/more efficient since as we've seen there are many an understanding with this. Once again shout out to Xakyrie and Haruka for their hard work, though.
JappyBabes

Loctav wrote:

6. 3 vs 3 match is available only in the Group stage if no more than 3 players in one of two teams can be ready for the match.
 6-1. Captains of both teams should agree and permission of tournament manager is needed.
 6-2. The manager can disqualify a team if the team abuses 3 vs 3 match.
:L farto still hasn't talked to me at all

Also, you seem way too interested about this match KRZY, scared Australia will beat you in the finals?
kriers
We learned about 3v3 not being allowed last match.
Gon

JappyBabes wrote:

Loctav wrote:

So a 4v4 isn't possible but a 3v3 might be able to happen 10AM UTC on Saturday or Sunday, probably Sunday. I say might because this was discussed with xsrsbsns, not Gon (Malaysia's captain), and he isn't sure about some of his member's available times.
So i talked to xsrsbsns just now (and an afk Jappy ww) and we're fine with 10AM UTC Sunday (anytime Sunday is fine for us now but yeah).

I'd reply sooner but sadly I have no internet access for 12-ish hours everyday except Sunday, i apologize for the inconvenience and all the trouble that came out of it. Maybe send PMs to xsrs as well next time so the reply can come sooner if i'm unavailable or something?

Also for that tournament staff comment, i really couldn't think of any other reason at that time and i was pretty stressed out too so yeah, i'm dropping it :P
Cyclohexane

JappyBabes wrote:

Loctav wrote:

6. 3 vs 3 match is available only in the Group stage if no more than 3 players in one of two teams can be ready for the match.
 6-1. Captains of both teams should agree and permission of tournament manager is needed.
 6-2. The manager can disqualify a team if the team abuses 3 vs 3 match.
:L farto still hasn't talked to me at all

Also, you seem way too interested about this match KRZY, scared Australia will beat you in the finals?
Know your opponent, I guess
Topic Starter
Loctav
Actually 3v3 is not possible in knock-out-stage.
Sunday is fine then, but will it be 3v3? Since this doesn't work and you should try by all means to get it to 4v4 (why do people have a 8-man roster? I don't get it...)
zozozofun

Loctav wrote:

Sunday is fine then, but will it be 3v3? Since this doesn't work and you should try by all means to get it to 4v4 (why do people have a 8-man roster? I don't get it...)
We need a 10-man roster.
Oinari-sama
This may sound strange coming from a fellow Aussie but I can totally understand the tournament organiser's frustration. This is like holding a soccer match with supposedly 20 man per team (starter + bench) but only 9 people turned up to the match and they wanna play without goal keeper.
xsrsbsns
Saturday 11:30 UTC is not possible for us, all but 2 of our players are working during this time.

Short version
Only time Australia can 4v4 = Saturday 11:30 UTC = Malaysia only has 2 players
Only time Malaysia can 4v4 = Everyday 16:00 UTC = Australia only has 2 players
That is why we settled for Sunday 10:00 UTC..

I've been told that Xakyrie & Haruka stayed up late today to wait for the answer, we appreciate that.
You needn't have done that because all of us were at work/training, don't wanna sound like a workaholic but it's true.
Blame the 12-hour difference :<
JappyBabes

Loctav wrote:

Saturday 8:30-9AM UTC is the only time Aus can get 4. Any other time is 3 players.
Topic Starter
Loctav
This is a dilemma. And we actually can't help it. As I said, if we fail to meet an appropriate alternative time, we leave the current scheduled time.
I am sorry that we were unable to meet an agreement where both sides are pleased.
I hope that both sides can make it and show up with a 4v4 setting (the captains self don't need to be present and can be replaced by anybody of the roster self).

Sorry.
xsrsbsns
SPOILER
Malaysia and Australia have already decided on a time in which both teams can do 3v3.
I don't have the chat log, but farto allowed it. Now you tell me it's no go? This is ridiculous.

Only time Australia can 4v4 = Saturday 8:30~9:00 UTC
Only time Malaysia can 4v4 = Everyday except Saturday 16:00~18:00 UTC (updated)

Even if it must be a 4v4 match, why must you force schedule this match for Saturday 08:30 UTC?
I don't fucking understand.

Have been wondering whether it's worth the hassle to TRY to play in a tournament where people want you out so badly.
I guess the answer is clear now. That's it for me.

I'm going outstation tomorrow, I don't have the time to try and schedule this, only to have it get rejected again and again.
Good luck to Australia, I know you can beat Korea <3

I enjoyed playing the maps and knowing new ones. Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know is a good example.

Also shoutout to KRZY for picking my map as the warmup map for the stages until now. I'm honored :P
Vish024
No I won't stand for this, I'd probably rather be defeated in a fair match than go through this way. Can't we make an exception and have a 3v3 match?
Metro
Or play it on a weekday.
Vish024
Arg vs USA was on a weekday, why can't we host ours on a weekday as well?
buny

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Arg vs USA was on a weekday, why can't we host ours on a weekday as well?
because _ equal rights
show more