forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
KRZY

Metro wrote:

Portugal's banner is the best but here's ours :D.
Who's the person on the right?
druidxd
I don't know why, but this seems so messed up, schedulers may work only if there is no agreement between two teams, if two teams come into an agreement why would there be the need to make another person take a decision about schedules if there's no need to.

What I mean is, if Team A Captain and Team B Captain both come into an agreement, why is there a need to change that?

KRZY wrote:

Metro wrote:

Juan Domingo Perón
Metro

KRZY wrote:

Metro wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/19093
Wishy
Vish024
Nice one.

Though you all know who you missed.
Nashmun

Wishy wrote:

I insist that captains should schedule themselves and then provide relevant information on this thread.
Yeah because it totally worked during OWC #1 and #2...

And also because match scheduler totally messed up TWC #2 right ?
Jaay-
I can commentate if needed!
Wishy

Nashmun wrote:

Wishy wrote:

I insist that captains should schedule themselves and then provide relevant information on this thread.
Yeah because it totally worked during OWC #1 and #2...

And also because match scheduler totally messed up TWC #2 right ?
It worked until some players went all "can we play next year?" and staff members didn't care about it.

Scheduler is only useful if two captains can't agree on when to play.
Cyclohexane
Just give it a shot and drop it in the early stages if it doesn't work.
ryza

Mr Color wrote:

Just give it a shot and drop it in the early stages if it doesn't work.
Seems like a good compromise to me.

The group stage has so many rounds that this seems more efficient
AmaiHachimitsu
It's because things are unfair and I'm a defender of justice
so you're telling me if WW couldn't play because he couldn't gain access to his account (that was the most common belief) would be fair? What kind of justice is that? This is about WW's multi. Now to the schedulers: can't see a point really. Time zones will fk the whole competiton every year no matter whether it's with or without schedulers. Yes, I think these scheduler's aren't really necessary, but telling me it's a way of setting the game's outcome is just absurd. Just damn wait and see how it will work at the end. It will be the same thing like years before. Just this year you have someone to accuse of sth.

also are you telling me that I shouldn't care about this tournament just because we have a 0% chance of getting past the first round? Isn't that really retarded? What about everyone who isn't participating, are they not allowed to care about the tournament since they aren't even playing in it?
Nah, you stated that you won't get past the 1st round and that sounded like you don't care about other teams and the whole competition yet you're trying to find a hole in the whole (dunno how to spell properly this idiom, but I bet you know what I meant). Aaaand, so many people do care about this tournament and can't see anything wrong. Believe me, this is Internet so they wouldn't hold back to state that something doesn't fit.

Instead of typical hating, why won't you state your ideas of improving this tournament or how to make it more fair? Mr. Justice? Lewa for the next OWC's organizer! (inb4 winner based on accuracy)

Rules aren't made for fun, and rules have exceptions. If we had to write a proper list of rules WITH exceptions included it would constitute a medium-sized book. Please leave it as it is, nobody's gonna be harmed.

P.S. Just got a sudden connection loss, this post had been sent as soon as I got the connection back.
Lunah
We are okay with Match Schedule.

I don't get why are people saying that it's unfair, lol

Also as happened in #owc 1, Loctav made it, you can suggest something to him, but you can't impose your own rules to the tournament.

Gaba yvis wrote:

I doubt this will be a successful tourney without players.
There are a lot of players that would like join this event istead of who's actually playing, I don't think so.
Kurosanyan
Portugal will obviously win this cup, strongest country of this world.
rickyboi

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Rules aren't made for fun.

oh god owc is srs business. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Metro
Our match schedule is now doing good. Hopefully our match will be confirmed today.
Macacito
metro quit u have no chance
Metro

Macacito wrote:

metro quit u have no chance
Don't worry we will forfeit our match against the mighty Portugal.
creativ_old
Team Portugal
Gmt+0

Captain : Creativ
1-maraiga
2-osama
3-jonnythatjonny
4-macacito
5-pereira006
6-red
7-makkura

I didn't put this as someone being a back up or not, just the 8 players Portugal will use to participate.
XPJ38
Portugal sure has a good team
but we have great avatars
so France will definitely win
buny
nappa
maay
updating team uruguay:

captain: maay
#2: AlrdyExists
#3: GonixZ
#4: HeCAtExZz
#5: sevas-tra
#6: Snepif
#7: W a r g
#8: Z e o n
Topic Starter
Loctav

creativ wrote:

Team Portugal
Gmt+0

Captain : Creativ
1-maraiga
2-osama
3-jonnythatjonny
4-macacito
5-pereira006
6-red
7-makkura

I didn't put this as someone being a back up or not, just the 8 players Portugal will use to participate.
next time, write the nicknames more accurate. YOur name is not capitalized, R e d is written with spaces and .. gnah. >_> Just do it more proper
YodaSnipe
Just scheduled Team JB's first two matches with teh schedulers. No issues with it at all after going through the process. This should be fun 8-)
Macacito
Maraiga is multi acounting :o
2 accounts on the team :x

Satonaka

YodaSnipe wrote:

Just scheduled Team JB's first two concerts with teh schedulers. No issues with it at all after going through the process. This should be fun 8-)
:)
Makar

Satonaka wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

Just scheduled Team JB's first two concerts with teh schedulers. No issues with it at all after going through the process. This should be fun 8-)
yus
deadbeat

Loctav wrote:

» Participants
(Captains are underlined.)
New Zealand: deadbeat, Soly, buny, Aeyrx, _hypnosis_, TCN, -N-
wait what. it should be

Loctav wrote:

» Participants
(Captains are underlined.)
New Zealand: deadbeat, Soly, buny, Kiiwa, _hypnosis_, TCN, -N-
YodaSnipe

Satonaka wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

Oh Sato <33
Glazbom
poland pls
thelewa

Metro wrote:

I filled it and the scheduler suggested a time that was outside of the timeframes I gave him. Very useful!
This just happened to us, too. Very useful!
IppE
DON'T QUESTION THE PERFECT SYSTEM YOU'LL BE SHOT IN HEAD.
thelewa
Well I can't help it, apparently friday is a part of the weekend according to Canadians.

I guess it's the Bieber fever causing them to be a bit silly.
kriers
I was polite and cooperative and everything went smoothly
thelewa

kriers wrote:

I was polite and cooperative and everything went smoothly
Being polite should not be a requirement for getting good service.

I fucking study customer service at school and if the customer is not polite, it does not justify giving him poor service. This is the exact same situation.

edit: actually there is absolutely no need for the customer to be polite, and thus there is absolutely no need for me to be polite while dealing with the schedulers since they are supposed to be doing their job, which happens to be helping us captains get things scheduled.
kriers
My cooperativeness probably counted a lot more.

I see you guys doing nothing but criticize staff and troll this thread,
and it makes me wonder why the hell you are team captains.
thelewa

kriers wrote:

My cooperativeness probably counted a lot more.

I see you guys doing nothing but criticize staff and troll this thread,
and it makes me wonder why the hell you are team captains.

What did I do wrong in this exchange? Care to enlighten me, oh great and mighty kriers?
kriers
I did not base my statement of how polite I assumed you were in your post, lewa.
It's just a sad trend I've been seeing in this thread where it's okay to cry over nothing.

Besides, all you gotta do is tell Haruka the date is impossible to play on and explain the misunderstanding .

In my case it could've just been luck, but I also responded straight away that we couldn't play before 5 pm on weekdays (which would mean midnight in Asia) and then I opened for playing at noon in weekends which then led us to getting the perfect time at 1 pm Saturday!

edit: I never said that I could manipulate staff by being polite. That's rubbish, but it still counts for something in the long run. Even in professional service, the rules only work in theory and employees are actually very sensitive to politeness given by customers even if it's a no-no shush-shush topic.
Topic Starter
Loctav
I instructed that weekends reach from Friday evening of respective time zone till Sunday evening of respective time zone.
This must be a misunderstanding and can be easily sort out.
She asked you if you can confirm it, a simple "no, Friday morning is not possible, because this isnt weekend for us" is fine.
But instead you use the rebel method. And all you win from this is making a fool of yourself with a childish behavior that has no limits.

Kriers said the most, already.
And if you get impolite, you seem to forget that services react clearly to your way of behavior. If you piss them off, they stay polite, but you get the backfire sooner or later - in doubt, when the house is set on fire when you pissed of the electrician.
thelewa

Loctav wrote:

And if you get impolite, you seem to forget that services react clearly to your way of behavior. If you piss them off, they stay polite, but you get the backfire sooner or later - in doubt, when the house is set on fire when you pissed of the electrician.
What.

also, I did tell her that the time of the match is not fine for us. I even did this before I came here to complain about it.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Then it's alright? Why do you even complain after all? For the sake of complaining? It just starts to get boring.
show more