forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
thelewa

KRZY wrote:

Nothing wrong with taking a game seriously. Don't define what's fun for others. Doesn't make you any more cool if you try to show off how little you care about games "which are for fun."
lol get a life XDDD
KRZY

thelewa wrote:

KRZY wrote:

Nothing wrong with taking a game seriously. Don't define what's fun for others. Doesn't make you any more cool if you try to show off how little you care about games "which are for fun."
lol get a life XDDD
I go to Bieber concerts every week XDDD I have a life u nerd XDDD

And

KRZY wrote:

Also, what would happen if two countries that need to play provide times to the scheduler that has 0 overlap? How does the scheduler schedule matches then?

cuz I edited
GladiOol
owc becomes better by the year 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) my favorite thread 2012
Aqo
I have a solution that's sooo coool

Make a poll
for/against match schedulers
see what the community says
this is a tourney /for the players/. let the players decide.
ryza
pls no democracy
GladiOol

Aqo wrote:

I have a solution that's sooo coool

Make a poll
for/against match schedulers
see what the community says
this is a tourney /for the players/. let the players decide.
no, this is loctav's tourney, baka 8-)
thelewa

KRZY wrote:

Also, what would happen if two countries that need to play provide times to the scheduler that has 0 overlap? How does the scheduler schedule matches then?
I think the scheduler will flip a coin to decide on which team's allotted time the match will be played. And the other team will be disqualified.

This is a much better way than just having the captains talk to each other.
Aqo

Silynn wrote:

pls no democracy
o ye ye I wish this was a dictatorship and then I'd just pick all the maps I want bum bum dish
but be real. there is no point for one man to make decisions that ruin the fun for others. in the end the only thing that matters is as many people having a good time in this. so everyone get loose, be ready to change your stance, and see what the majority says. then grow the fuck up and move on
Macacito
everyone say im best
Aqo

GladiOol wrote:

no, this is loctav's tourney, baka 8-)
no matter who started it, this is not a one-man ordeal no matter how you look at it
this event, be it online or not, requires a joined effort of many different individuals to work and succeed. this includes the players who play in it, who play the most important part. everyone should have a say in this, if you want the tourney to be good and succeed.

and yes I know you were being cynical with that statement. just throwing my 2cents in here. if anything this post is more of a reply to Loctav
thelewa
Dude, don't say anything against Loctav

He's going to smite you down with his green-name powers
Macacito
why so many drama?
XPJ38
Portugal sure knows how to use Paint
thelewa

XPJ38 wrote:

Well, it's all they could afford
Noob Man
They could have put a cod on their banner. =(
Vish024
I'm completely and utterly confused now. I just hope Jappy can make more sense of this than I can.
Zare
...Okay. What the fuck.
First of all, please note that I'm totally objective in this, as I don't really care about the outcome of this owc. (Germany doesn't stand a chance anyways, and my time will be owc 2014.)

All I see in this thread is people pointing fingers at others, blaming others and complaining, but no real suggestions how to make it better.
All in all, I don't understand why so many people don't want the matches to be scheduled. Having scheduled matches make it easier for streamers, commentators etc to plan ahead (as kriers already said).

I can understand people get upset if match schedulers mess up (setting matches outside of the timeframes provided), but just coming here and complaining and saying everything's bs doesn't make sense either. Instead, talk to the schedulers, explain they did a mistake, and if they don't (want to) understand, talk to the owc staff. You will find a solution if you really want.

And saying the owc staff tries to get an advantage by manipulating the outcome of the matches seems like a totally unfounded accusation. Why would they want this? In the end, we're all trying to have fun one way or another, be it by being cometitive or playing just casually, and this owc is supposed to test which country is best at this game. There's no sense in manipulating this IMO.

You know, being friendly sometimes helps a lot to find solutions for problems, accusing others and insulting will have the opposite effect.
I see no reason in this discussion, really.
Maraiga

thelewa wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

Well, it's all they could afford
OMG that was such a good joke. Best evuuuur.
Claps for you boya :)
Macacito
sorry but paint is for pros
Makar
meiikyuu's beats all js
Noob Man

Macacito wrote:

sorry but paint is for pros
Totally agree with you.
KRZY
Keep in mind that I have nothing personally against you.

Zarerion wrote:

All I see in this thread is people pointing fingers at others, blaming others and complaining, but no real suggestions how to make it better.
It has been suggested countless times that the previous method of captains scheduling matches by themselves is a much better alternative.

Zarerion wrote:

All in all, I don't understand why so many people don't want the matches to be scheduled. Having scheduled matches make it easier for streamers, commentators etc to plan ahead (as kriers already said).
The tournament must put players' conveniences in higher regard. Streamers and commentators are unnecessary compared to players.

Zarerion wrote:

I can understand people get upset if match schedulers mess up (setting matches outside of the timeframes provided), but just coming here and complaining and saying everything's bs doesn't make sense either. Instead, talk to the schedulers, explain they did a mistake, and if they don't (want to) understand, talk to the owc staff. You will find a solution if you really want.

fartownik wrote:

Stop being such asses and obey the rules for once instead of criticising eveything. We're doing it not without a reason. Filling a blank that was sent to you via PM for ONCE won't give you much harm, but will be helpful for us and the schedulers. If you're against everything feel free to leave this tournament, there's still a couple of teams that'd gladly join instead of you.

End of the topic. If you do it on your own hand - your team will be banned from this tournament.
This is not a solution I want.

Zarerion wrote:

And saying the owc staff tries to get an advantage by manipulating the outcome of the matches seems like a totally unfounded accusation. Why would they want this? In the end, we're all trying to have fun one way or another, be it by being cometitive or playing just casually, and this owc is supposed to test which country is best at this game. There's no sense in manipulating this IMO.
A lot of things in this world do not make sense. However, I too think that this accusation is a bit too far-fetched.
Pegram
It's the players who want to have fun and play, right? They should have a preeeetty large say regarding the rules and such.

Unless peppy wants to do everything by himself, since he's sponsoring the OWC and therefore has absolute power over it (not even kidding).
Gaba
At this rate I think every team captain that is not happy with the current rules should withdraw their teams from the cup. I doubt this will be a successful tourney without players.
YodaSnipe

KRZY wrote:

I go to Bieber concerts every week XDDD I have a life u nerd XDDD
Damn straight you do ;)
Lunah
Wishy
I insist that captains should schedule themselves and then provide relevant information on this thread.
Metro
Portugal's banner is the best but here's ours :D.
KRZY

Metro wrote:

Who's the person on the right?
druidxd
I don't know why, but this seems so messed up, schedulers may work only if there is no agreement between two teams, if two teams come into an agreement why would there be the need to make another person take a decision about schedules if there's no need to.

What I mean is, if Team A Captain and Team B Captain both come into an agreement, why is there a need to change that?

KRZY wrote:

Metro wrote:

Juan Domingo Perón
Metro

KRZY wrote:

Metro wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/19093
Wishy
Vish024
Nice one.

Though you all know who you missed.
Nashmun

Wishy wrote:

I insist that captains should schedule themselves and then provide relevant information on this thread.
Yeah because it totally worked during OWC #1 and #2...

And also because match scheduler totally messed up TWC #2 right ?
Jaay-
I can commentate if needed!
Wishy

Nashmun wrote:

Wishy wrote:

Yeah because it totally worked during OWC #1 and #2...

And also because match scheduler totally messed up TWC #2 right ?
It worked until some players went all "can we play next year?" and staff members didn't care about it.

Scheduler is only useful if two captains can't agree on when to play.
Cyclohexane
Just give it a shot and drop it in the early stages if it doesn't work.
ryza

Mr Color wrote:

Just give it a shot and drop it in the early stages if it doesn't work.
Seems like a good compromise to me.

The group stage has so many rounds that this seems more efficient
AmaiHachimitsu
It's because things are unfair and I'm a defender of justice
so you're telling me if WW couldn't play because he couldn't gain access to his account (that was the most common belief) would be fair? What kind of justice is that? This is about WW's multi. Now to the schedulers: can't see a point really. Time zones will fk the whole competiton every year no matter whether it's with or without schedulers. Yes, I think these scheduler's aren't really necessary, but telling me it's a way of setting the game's outcome is just absurd. Just damn wait and see how it will work at the end. It will be the same thing like years before. Just this year you have someone to accuse of sth.

also are you telling me that I shouldn't care about this tournament just because we have a 0% chance of getting past the first round? Isn't that really retarded? What about everyone who isn't participating, are they not allowed to care about the tournament since they aren't even playing in it?
Nah, you stated that you won't get past the 1st round and that sounded like you don't care about other teams and the whole competition yet you're trying to find a hole in the whole (dunno how to spell properly this idiom, but I bet you know what I meant). Aaaand, so many people do care about this tournament and can't see anything wrong. Believe me, this is Internet so they wouldn't hold back to state that something doesn't fit.

Instead of typical hating, why won't you state your ideas of improving this tournament or how to make it more fair? Mr. Justice? Lewa for the next OWC's organizer! (inb4 winner based on accuracy)

Rules aren't made for fun, and rules have exceptions. If we had to write a proper list of rules WITH exceptions included it would constitute a medium-sized book. Please leave it as it is, nobody's gonna be harmed.

P.S. Just got a sudden connection loss, this post had been sent as soon as I got the connection back.
Lunah
We are okay with Match Schedule.

I don't get why are people saying that it's unfair, lol

Also as happened in #owc 1, Loctav made it, you can suggest something to him, but you can't impose your own rules to the tournament.

Gaba yvis wrote:

I doubt this will be a successful tourney without players.
There are a lot of players that would like join this event istead of who's actually playing, I don't think so.
show more