forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Noob Man
I bet he thought Brazil was a canadian state. :D
silmarilen

YodaSnipe wrote:

God, I love OWC drama. It's the only reason to stick around besides Team JB XD
yep, same thing as always :D
Krackling
GO BEIBERS
Metro

Loctav wrote:

You know the consequences for boycotting the tournament and disturbing the flow by disobeying the ruleset.
I'm not boycotting the tournament. I'm saying that the scheduler isn't doing his job properly.

Why ask for a timeframe if you're going to suggest a time outside of it?
Makar

Metro wrote:

Loctav wrote:

You know the consequences for boycotting the tournament and disturbing the flow by disobeying the ruleset.
I'm not boycotting the tournament. I'm saying that the scheduler isn't doing his job properly.

Why ask for a timeframe if you're going to suggest a time outside of it?
People make mistakes

Krackling wrote:

GO BEIBERS
thelewa
Our schedulers are doing a damn fine job if they're making mistakes already XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Makar
What normal person doesn't make mistakes at the start of a new job :v
AmaiHachimitsu
I'm sure it's not only me

thelewa

Makar wrote:

I don't.

using this post to post this too:

Fenek Alfa wrote:

thelewa wrote:

To me, this seems like a way to control the result of the tournament. You can make the schedulers pick a time when the other team can't play with their strongest members, while the opposing team would have their strongest members. We wouldn't be able to change the time of the match, and would be disqualified when we complain.

Nice system, bro.

Also, if you're going to ban us from the tournament, please notify IppE first. He's the scheduler of our team.

Metro wrote:

I filled it and the scheduler suggested a time that was outside of the timeframes I gave him. Very useful!

Also what lewa said. I don't want to play against Poland without the best team possible.
Given that fartownik is playing himself in the tournament, this theory seems legit. [airquotes]But I'm sure Haruka will not give Argentina something like 2AM their time[/airquotes]

Also, where's the GLORIOUS NIPPON banner? I want to support my fav team.
Fartownik even tried to get a multiaccount into his team, knowing that it's against the rules p/1902594

Nice going, owc staff
AmaiHachimitsu
It was said that WW forgot his password, but seems like it was just a bluff (as I heard) or he finally managed to recover the password. It was well, a "standard multi acc" like any others by Cookiezi and 839843 more players. Purpose is unknown, but I suppose he didn't want to be spectated by a shitload of randoms. Just a speculation though.

Whenever I see some kind of tournament and league, lewa keeps arguing about these being unfair (favorizing players like here or particular abilities like in the league made by lesslunatic). It resembles rather politics than clicking-dots tournament. How about chilling? You were the one so confident that Finland won't make it to the next round yet you're trying to find anything that will ruin the competition/team.
GladiOol

Makar wrote:

Makar wrote:

new job :v

Makar wrote:

job
'PROFESSIONAL OSU! WORLD CUP SCHEDULER!'
Makar
Are you implying a Job is for professionals?

Dictionary.com wrote:

anything a person is expected or obliged to do; duty; responsibility
Stop creating bs in this thread by taking what I said the wrong way

I'm done replying to this .-.
IppE
fartownik

Yes, I'm the main organizer and still watching this eating popcorn.
Hernan
I am posting in this thread
Makar
why was this in Português thread lmao
o wait brazilians

...its okay we have bieber fever
thelewa

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Whenever I see some kind of tournament and league, lewa keeps arguing about these being unfair (favorizing players like here or particular abilities like in the league made by lesslunatic). It resembles rather politics than clicking-dots tournament. How about chilling? You were the one so confident that Finland won't make it to the next round yet you're trying to find anything that will ruin the competition/team.
It's because things are unfair and I'm a defender of justice

also are you telling me that I shouldn't care about this tournament just because we have a 0% chance of getting past the first round? Isn't that really retarded? What about everyone who isn't participating, are they not allowed to care about the tournament since they aren't even playing in it?
hoozimajiget

thelewa wrote:

Makar wrote:

I don't.
SPOILER
DAT EGO 8-)

How about everyone just deal with the rules as they are... This is what, the third tournament already full of needless drama over clicking dots? Just because you don't like the rules, doesn't mean you can change them. And if you do want to change them, why don't you organize and run the tournament yourself? Rules can be stupid, but so can life so deal with it
YodaSnipe

IppE wrote:

my thoughts exactly ;)
XPJ38
moar popcorn plz

Noob Man
Wine is better.

GladiOol

Makar wrote:

Are you implying a Job is for professionals?

Dictionary.com wrote:

anything a person is expected or obliged to do; duty; responsibility
Stop creating bs in this thread by taking what I said the wrong way

I'm done replying to this .-.
iwasjustmakingajokemang 8-) 8-)
ryza
why are we even holding a tournament

can't we just draw the winner from a hat
YodaSnipe

GladiOol wrote:

iwasjustmakingajokemang 8-) 8-)
gladistyle 8-)
thelewa

Silynn wrote:

why are we even holding a tournament

can't we just draw the winner from a hat
If it doesn't have schedulers for the drawing, I'll be fine with this.
Cyclohexane
Gotta love when things like this happen in a tournament that's meant to be for fun and enjoyment
kinda defeats the purpose
ryza

Mr Color wrote:

Gotta love when things like this happen in a tournament that's meant to be for fun and enjoyment
kinda defeats the purpose
what are you talking about

no one plays osu for fun
IppE
osu! and fun in the same sentence?

PREPOSTEROUS!
Topic Starter
Loctav

Noob Man wrote:

Wine is better.

qft
KRZY
Nothing wrong with taking a game seriously. Don't define what's fun for others. Doesn't make you any more cool if you try to show off how little you care about games "which are for fun."

Also, what would happen if two countries that need to play provide times to the scheduler that has 0 overlap? How does the scheduler schedule matches then?
ryza
I was making a joke

obviously if I didn't take it seriously I wouldn't ever play for rank

and if I didn't think it was fun why would I play at all
thelewa

KRZY wrote:

Nothing wrong with taking a game seriously. Don't define what's fun for others. Doesn't make you any more cool if you try to show off how little you care about games "which are for fun."
lol get a life XDDD
KRZY

thelewa wrote:

KRZY wrote:

lol get a life XDDD
I go to Bieber concerts every week XDDD I have a life u nerd XDDD

And

KRZY wrote:

Also, what would happen if two countries that need to play provide times to the scheduler that has 0 overlap? How does the scheduler schedule matches then?

cuz I edited
GladiOol
owc becomes better by the year 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) my favorite thread 2012
Aqo
I have a solution that's sooo coool

Make a poll
for/against match schedulers
see what the community says
this is a tourney /for the players/. let the players decide.
ryza
pls no democracy
GladiOol

Aqo wrote:

I have a solution that's sooo coool

Make a poll
for/against match schedulers
see what the community says
this is a tourney /for the players/. let the players decide.
no, this is loctav's tourney, baka 8-)
thelewa

KRZY wrote:

I think the scheduler will flip a coin to decide on which team's allotted time the match will be played. And the other team will be disqualified.

This is a much better way than just having the captains talk to each other.
Aqo

Silynn wrote:

pls no democracy
o ye ye I wish this was a dictatorship and then I'd just pick all the maps I want bum bum dish
but be real. there is no point for one man to make decisions that ruin the fun for others. in the end the only thing that matters is as many people having a good time in this. so everyone get loose, be ready to change your stance, and see what the majority says. then grow the fuck up and move on
Macacito
everyone say im best
show more