1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. Tournaments
show more
posted

fartownik wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/1868456
Changing White Wolf to WubWoofWolf

D:
How is it that he can do that and i can't?
posted
If White Wolf is allowed to play with a multi, then please let Salvage do the same thing, thanks.
posted
Did any of the organizers say anything about holding a Top16 Losers Bracket, and/or Double Elimination?

I think it would be a pretty fantastic enhancement for the osu! World Cup. In addition, it's nice to know that weaker teams have a chance to play after losing once.

That's just my opinion anyways :/
posted
Italy will destroy Korea
posted
porca balotelli mario power!
posted

Wishy wrote:

If White Wolf is allowed to play with a multi, then please let Salvage do the same thing, thanks.
privilege that comes when you're the best non-korean player.

(please do not take my joke serious)
posted

Lavale wrote:

Wishy wrote:

If White Wolf is allowed to play with a multi, then please let Salvage do the same thing, thanks.
privilege that comes when you're the best non-korean player.
but he isn't! he is only like the third or fourth best!

jokes aside, if WW forgot his password, he should be able to recover it easily. he can reset it per email, and even if he doesn't know his email-pw anymore, I'm sure that somebody like him could write an email to peppy, explain the situation and get a new password.

conclusion: WW probably doesn't have a legit reason to multiaccount, aside from being bored and statwhoring.
posted

YodaSnipe wrote:

In addition, it's nice to know that weaker teams have a chance to play after losing once.
Losing once in the group stage won't guarantee elimination.

I'm in support of this losers' bracket thing idea.
posted

Tanzklaue wrote:

conclusion: WW probably doesn't have a legit reason to multiaccount, aside from being bored and statwhoring.
Haha, it´s not his first multi, and i doubt it´ll be the last. Statwhoring has nothing to do with it.
posted
White Wolf logs in

100 pms from random people

...

I can see why he makes multi accounts
posted
Quit this pointless discussion.
I already told fartownik that this exchange is invalid.

Losing brackets raise the workload exorbitantly (especially for schedulers). Groupstage offers enough long matches for everyone to compete.
posted
Korea's line up looks as strong as we always were. Go Korea!
posted
5-2. Selection out of mod-specific brackets is limited. Each captain can only select one map from each mod-restricted bracket during match. So each team can pick 1 HardRock, 1 Hidden and 1 DoubleTime map during match.
The rule changed? It shouldn't be only 1 mod for each team at group stage(2 for each team at knock-out stage)?
posted
GOGOGO LATVIAAA
posted

cxyyx wrote:

5-2. Selection out of mod-specific brackets is limited. Each captain can only select one map from each mod-restricted bracket during match. So each team can pick 1 HardRock, 1 Hidden and 1 DoubleTime map during match.
The rule changed? It shouldn't be only 1 mod for each team at group stage(2 for each team at knock-out stage)?
It changed because matches are now Bo7 instead of Bo5.

9. The teams can exchange only one player per map during matches.
This rule is also supposed to be changed to two players per map.
posted
I doubt there is any use for multiaccounts during tournaments since commentated (hurray for self-advertisement) streams will be up so people can just watch that instead of just spectating people.
posted

Loctav wrote:

Quit this pointless discussion.
I already told fartownik that this exchange is invalid.

Losing brackets raise the workload exorbitantly (especially for schedulers). Groupstage offers enough long matches for everyone to compete.
???

Teams can schedule themselves they don't really need some guy to schedule for them. Schedulers are only needed when 2 teams can't agree@when to play. There should be no problem at all. You seriously should add a loser bracket. If you still think it is way too complicated because schedulers and shit, just add 1 more scheduler to sit on his ass just in case.

If you don't add this then good luck, ranks will be pretty much defined by chance and it's even possible that the final match won't be interesting at all (inb4 JP plays against KR on top 8, which is possible). Loser bracket solves lots of problems and that's why it's used in any big tournament. If you want to be as good as possible, then add this.

If it's about the tourney being longer, yeah it's gonna be 1 or 2 weeks longer, not that anyone will really mind since OWC #2 is pretty much still running.

If it's about streaming, then no, you're just wrong, not every match's gonna be streamed because some may stack, streamers may be busy/because of time-zone reaons they may be unable to stream, etc.

Any con you can think about is out-balanced by pros, loser bracket makes the tournament way more interesting and also somewhat eliminates the chance factor. Plus, group stage has nothing to do with this, they are unrelated. Only reason group stage exists on tourneys like this is because it gives a chance to lots of teams to actually play and have fun, rather than losing on the first round and that's it.
posted

Wishy wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Quit this pointless discussion.
I already told fartownik that this exchange is invalid.

Losing brackets raise the workload exorbitantly (especially for schedulers). Groupstage offers enough long matches for everyone to compete.
???

Teams can schedule themselves they don't really need some guy to schedule for them. Schedulers are only needed when 2 teams can't agree@when to play. There should be no problem at all. You seriously should add a loser bracket. If you still think it is way too complicated because schedulers and shit, just add 1 more scheduler to sit on his ass just in case.

If you don't add this then good luck, ranks will be pretty much defined by chance and it's even possible that the final match won't be interesting at all (inb4 JP plays against KR on top 8, which is possible). Loser bracket solves lots of problems and that's why it's used in any big tournament. If you want to be as good as possible, then add this.

If it's about the tourney being longer, yeah it's gonna be 1 or 2 weeks longer, not that anyone will really mind since OWC #2 is pretty much still running.

If it's about streaming, then no, you're just wrong, not every match's gonna be streamed because some may stack, streamers may be busy/because of time-zone reaons they may be unable to stream, etc.

Any con you can think about is out-balanced by pros, loser bracket makes the tournament way more interesting and also somewhat eliminates the chance factor. Plus, group stage has nothing to do with this, they are unrelated. Only reason group stage exists on tourneys like this is because it gives a chance to lots of teams to actually play and have fun, rather than losing on the first round and that's it.
We'll think about the loser bracket from round of 16.

ALSO DEAL WITH OUR BANNER
posted
POLAND!!!!!!!!!
posted
you people are too original with the banners
show more
Please sign in to reply.