forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
thelewa
It's not possible. Sorry to disappoint you.
YodaSnipe
Oh well. I'm not complaining ;)
Vish024

Xakyrie wrote:

@Wishy22 and LaVolpe024: You know your bullshit conversation can be carried elsewhere? Stop littering this topic with complaints and picking up on dirty residue from before. It's becoming an utter annoyance watching people bitch to each other when you can clearly take this to a more private place because it's turning into a heated matter that can be regarded as personal. Stop sharing your affairs with the rest of the world.

In attempt to quell the succeeding arguments from here on, I hope you realize that the more you try to defend your intelligence and competence level, the more you look like an idiot who obviously lacks self-control. Calm your hormones, guys.
You're over exaggerating it altogether. I'm not having an argument here, I'm just objecting to the choice of staff.
Xakyrie

LaVolpe024 wrote:

You're over exaggerating it altogether. I'm not having an argument here, I'm just objecting to the choice of staff.
It's not an over-exaggeration. You clearly have a problem if you're willing to keep debating on a subject that was objected to.
ryza
Volpe, don't you think you're being a little touchy?

I'm sorry Wishy hurt your feelings because he disagrees with your opinion and isn't afraid to say it, but you know, he is correct. There's not any particular need to be sensitive, and if you're joining and can't find the time to play you should leave, because you're obviously not very serious about winning this tournament. You know what you're getting into before hand and you know what the rules and limits are. They are very very plainly laid out.

Wishy's tone is meant to cement those rules within your head, if you don't understand how it works.
YodaSnipe
I like buny's Profile Page I hope his Country wins OWC

deadbeat wrote:

Added TCN to number #7 slot
Yay! ^-^
Ako Atanashi
Cookiezi!!oh this OWC will be interesting!
Chinese GO!GO!GO!!!
XPJ38

Ako Atanashi wrote:

Can someone please write once and for all in the OP that Cookiezi and every player from Korea are just placeholders for the time being?
silmarilen
nah, just let the people think what they want
Vish024

Silynn wrote:

Volpe, don't you think you're being a little touchy?

I'm sorry Wishy hurt your feelings because he disagrees with your opinion and isn't afraid to say it, but you know, he is correct. There's not any particular need to be sensitive, and if you're joining and can't find the time to play you should leave, because you're obviously not very serious about winning this tournament. You know what you're getting into before hand and you know what the rules and limits are. They are very very plainly laid out.

Wishy's tone is meant to cement those rules within your head, if you don't understand how it works.
I wasn't referring to the rules he stated, I'm in perfect agreement with those. I was referring to his attitude.

I'd just like to point out that it's more difficult for some nations as we have more than one time zone out here.
Wishy
Attitude does not matter. Just wait and see how things run, I'd rather have good bad-mannered staff than terrible, perfectly mannered staff.

Anyways I know I'm a little bit rude so yeah sorry.
kriers
last owc there was too much leniency if you ask me
Topic Starter
Loctav
Its not your choice who's in the staff and who not.
I feel free to meet appropriate measurements if you are unable to keep your unnecessary soiled pants out of this thread.
Also your 'mimimi timezones' issue is ridiculous, since I meet many people like everyday who are 12 hours away from me. Also TWC run smoothly too, way better than OWC, because we killed the leniency. Yet it worked and only kicked Brazil. No one else had problems.

Final words are: stop dicking or your team gets thrown out. You knew about this from the very beginning. You are playing a WORLD cup, take your time to do do then, since you were able to EXPECT from the very beginning, that you will encounter teams who don't live in your neighborhood,
I expected more common sense from you.
GladiOol

Loctav wrote:

I expected more common sense from you.
Oh god, the Hypocrisy, it hurtsssssssss

But yea, if LaVolpe forms in a complaint it's your job to respond to that in a normal way.
Attacking him stating he's a dick who lacks common sense is not very nice.

;) ;)
Wishy
Gladi you can't talk your team is over-powered.
GladiOol

Wishy22 wrote:

Gladi you can't talk your team is over-powered.
:(
Musty
Next owc should be a LAN at Perth with 100k$ cashprize.

/runs
JappyBabes

Musty wrote:

brisbane pls
Cyclohexane
Attitude matters. I know I'm not gonna listen someone who yells at me. No point in being aggressive: just lay down the rules. If people don't listen/care, then it's their own problem when they get kicked out. As it is right now, this issue of attitude is what started this argument. Now shake hands and move on; you're making a big deal out of nothing.
SuzumiyaBR

XPJ38 wrote:

Ako Atanashi wrote:

Can someone please write once and for all in the OP that Cookiezi and every player from Korea are just placeholders for the time being?
Good idea

Cookiezi and the famous tablet

creativ wrote:

Team Portugal
gmt+0

Captain: Creativ
1-Maraiga
2-Jonnythatjonny
3-tba
4-tba
5-tba
6-tba
Cadê o Macaco ??
Pizzicato
swap Philippines for Mystgun on our team please

sorry for the constant changes xD
Musty

JappyBabes wrote:

Musty wrote:

brisbane pls
no, you're lucky to leave in aus pls :(
Mismagius

Loctav wrote:

Yet it worked and only kicked Brazil. No one else had problems.
Chile as well, and there were massive ragefests about it.
Nashmun
He was talking about TWC actually, not OWC.
Mismagius

Nashmun wrote:

He was talking about TWC actually, not OWC.
oooo i see
it's because owc last year had brazil kicked out for the same reasons as discussed in the thread
my bad
Topic Starter
Loctav
Yet I hope this won't happen. You'll have 1 match per week, mainly on weekends, in the week only if it's not possible on the weekend.
Please keep in mind that not-appearing leads to disqualification in ANY competition, so I won't offer an exception here.
You have enough slots (8) to ensure, that you are able to at least provide 4 for 1 hour in a whole week. This is absolutely doable.
If you fail to do so anyways, that's a pity. But then there is only one option: bad luck for you.
Glazbom
why the ppl dont read?
lepidopodus
Huh, so TWC was mentioned.

To be honest, 2012 OWC were too generous for schedule delaying. Of course there can be some excuses, but due to that tournament progress was really slow, and even with that much generosity, there were some issues in some matches(failed scheduling), result in 'unfair loss' of some teams.
Contrast to that, TWC had no delay in schedule. 1 rounds per 1 week, no exception, seriously. If certain team can't follow up the schedule, the manager could ban the team. Quite strict, but it was quite successful too. As Loctav mentioned, only team Brazil got banned (there was some excuses for that: 1 player suddenly ran away and never came back, and 1 player got his computer broken, only 2 player could participate properly.) and others completely followed the schedule.

So, I guess these experiences can explain why we should be stricter about scheduling, hmm?

EDIT:
Better set to your emotion neutral when you are answering as one of staffs, though.

EDIT2:
Anyway I hope Loctav can manage both tournament properly...
thelewa
bam, trying to find another captain for the Finnish team because I can't get #1 on this one map and it has me feeling pretty bad about myself

Apparently IppE is up to the task, I'm leaving this tournament because I'm not confident in my skills anymore

Wait I got the #1, now I feel like I could beat every single nation

Korea, come at me
GladiOol
lewa is just joking
Valentiino

GladiOol wrote:

lewa is just joking
Not atm, huge depression
GladiOol

Valentiino wrote:

GladiOol wrote:

lewa is just joking
Not atm, huge depression
I know,

but I'm already posting that he's just joking xx even if he wants to or not
kriers
Adding KinomiCandy as 7th player of Norway's team
Mythol
captain too much work i give to yoda thx
Kairi

Mythol wrote:

'D'
Vish024
Y'know what, I love you guys. Assuming most of our players are on AEST, it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
YodaSnipe

Mythol wrote:

It begins.
Sync
gg canada wins now

afking @ song select
Glass
gg team is feeding i afk
show more