forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vish024
Alright fuck, I'll reserve the Australian slot.

Australian team (GMT +8-11)

Captain: JappyBabes
#2: TimmyTimTims
#3: kamiyo-sama
#4: flow
#5: Evanlet
#6: ampzz
#7: Copter-kun
#8: LaVolpe024
YodaSnipe
This makes me happy
Mismagius

LaVolpe024 wrote:

#2: Copter-kun
#3: TBA
#4: TBA
#5: TBA
#6: LaVolpe024
Jappy es #1, thread end. Put forgotten in finals and australia instawin.
jesse1412

Blue Dragon wrote:

LaVolpe024 wrote:

#2: Copter-kun
#3: TBA
#4: TBA
#5: TBA
#6: LaVolpe024
Jappy es #1, thread end. Put forgotten in finals and australia instawin.
I am sad.
laport
put peppy as a place holder
Vish024
Godamnit guys.

Here's our official tournament mascot for Australia.

Derekku

Lybydose wrote:

Would either of you (or other USA players for that matter) have any objections against me as the USA captain? Not necessarily as a player, just as the person scheduling and running stuff (though I will play if I absolutely have to).
There's already dedicated staff members for scheduling matches, so this would be redundant.

Anyway, I talked to Kyou via PM and we came to an agreement:

USA: Derekku, Kyou-kun, SapphireGhost, Kaoru, JAKANYAN, Silynn, Sync, geckogates

I apologize for the drama and confusion on behalf of the USA team. Things should go smoothly from now on. (:
fabriciorby

Ostrovia wrote:

rrtyui wrote:

#Japanese team (GMT+9)

captain: rrtyui
#2: Potofu
#3: serea
#4: KeigoClear
#5: Apricot
#6: Rorry
#7: ???
#8: ???

:)

Everyone loses!
I hope this year the staff people don't let teams losing semi-finals by WO
Touche
And comments in spanish? please :(
Anghios_old
No o!m? :(
YodaSnipe
Finally USA gets a really good team \o/
Phenomz
Cookiezi @ korea team, placeholder?
ryza

Derekku wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

Would either of you (or other USA players for that matter) have any objections against me as the USA captain? Not necessarily as a player, just as the person scheduling and running stuff (though I will play if I absolutely have to).
There's already dedicated staff members for scheduling matches, so this would be redundant.

Anyway, I talked to Kyou via PM and we came to an agreement:

USA: Derekku, Kyou-kun, SapphireGhost, Kaoru, JAKANYAN, Silynn, Sync, geckogates

I apologize for the drama and confusion on behalf of the USA team. Things should go smoothly from now on. (:
Is Jaka actually playing? I thought he didn't want to.
YodaSnipe
That's what I heard too (not playing).
Sync
I swear he's making a comeback
ztrot
LOOOOL jaka #1 hero
JMC
wait WHAT? Cookiezi ?
Cyclohexane
Yep.

Rumor has it Saturos will play in the American team.
Derekku

Mr Color wrote:

Rumor has it
Damn it, Adele. Get out of my head!

Silynn wrote:

Is Jaka actually playing? I thought he didn't want to.
Kyou said that he changed his mind. I'll confirm with him though, asap!
Pizzicato
ok so Hinanai Tenko got the Philippines flag

swap Anzo-nii for Hinanai Tenko for team Philippines please and thank you~
deepsea
littlecar3370
Uan

Post for Uan cuz he's in army now.
Uan will complete (and may change) members this Saturday.
Topic Starter
Loctav
1 slot remaining.
So only one another country can take the chance and sign up here.
buny
NZ team:

Captain: Kiiwa
#2: Soly
#3: buny
#4: Aeyrx
#5: Poyo
#6: _hypnosis_
#7:
#8:
Wishy

fabriciorby wrote:

Actually it's gonna be just like that. You need 4 players to play, you got 8, if you don't show up during the scheduled time you're out, if for some reason you can never play and got to wait 2 months (like last year) you're out. No more crap about delaying matches forever, you either get some time to play or fuck off.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Since all slots are taken, your team must have at least 4 members till 9th November 2012 UTC, else it will be disbanded.

Also, you can not change your team constellation after the 15th November 2012 UTC anymore. Please finalize your team setups till then.
PhiLL A
no kakusi for korea?
Vish024
Added kamiyo to list, says he can play "if it's after school".

p/1879138

It'd be brilliant if the NZ team could webcam stream the haka for us from their bedrooms before every match.
Xakyrie
^Tournament takes place on weekends anyways, so he'll be fine.
Vish024
Alright flow is in.

p/1879138

Hoping to add one more substitute.
Ca Calne

Xakyrie wrote:

Ca Calne wrote:

just to take confirmation the tournament starts in nov. 15 or next year???
Which one are you referring to? Because you, Ca Calne, are in twc but not owc, so it's sort of hard to correctly guess which tournament date you are questioning -w-

unless he can participate on both tournament as he will :)
Tanzklaue

MxG PhiLL wrote:

no kakusi for korea?
if you had the ability to read, you'd know that the korean team is only a place holder.

KRZY will get a team together, that will probably look completly different.
fabriciorby

Wishy22 wrote:

fabriciorby wrote:

Actually it's gonna be just like that. You need 4 players to play, you got 8, if you don't show up during the scheduled time you're out, if for some reason you can never play and got to wait 2 months (like last year) you're out. No more crap about delaying matches forever, you either get some time to play or fuck off.
That's nice, because last year it was a mess. Including our unfair loss (imo)
DJ Angel
wishy is mad
Wishy
I actually agree with that so, no.
Vish024
I think you should take into consideration the vast difference in time zones, particularly for regions such as NA and Aus where we have 3 or 4 separate time zones within the country itself.

But then again the term "consideration" has no meaning to Wishy so I might as well speak to a wall and receive a better answer.
YodaSnipe
Yeah the vast time difference forced Hong Kong vs Canada to be delayed 1 week. I think 1 week at max is fair (we still had trouble organizing but managed ok). Anything more is just too much given that it's a tourney.

OFC this is just my opinion on the matter.
Wishy

LaVolpe024 wrote:

I think you should take into consideration the vast difference in time zones, particularly for regions such as NA and Aus where we have 3 or 4 separate time zones within the country itself.

But then again the term "consideration" has no meaning to Wishy so I might as well speak to a wall and receive a better answer.
Say you got a whole week to play, you MUST be able to find some time to play. You got EIGHT players, not FOUR, meaning half your team may say "I can't do it sorry" and you will still be able to play. By delaying your own match you are troubling not only the people running this tournament, but every other team that actually needs to wait for your match to happen to keep playing, which in the end may mean having several teams waiting for months (happened before).

We had absolutely NO PROBLEM with ANY MATCH, ever, even when we had to play with Taiwan which was like GMT -3 VS GMT +10 (not sure if it was 10). If you can't find any time to play in a whole week (meaning, a time where you can get 4 players and the other team can do it too) then you probably don't care much about it, and you don't mind being kicked out.

But then again, if 2 teams can't agree on any time to play, you'll get an scheduler select a DECENT, LOGIC AND ACCEPTABLE time slot for you to play. Then if none of your players can do it, screw you, if just some of them can do it, you can play 3v4, 2v4 or whatever you want. I understand a situation may happen (like GMT -3 VS GMT +11), but yeah, you could play at 13hs GMT, which would be 10hs vs 24hs, still doable, and even if some of your players can't do it, you got 4 back-ups! If none of your players care then lol you're out.

You should be a little more considerate, since delaying your match actually means delaying lots of things for many other players.
eldnl
why chile is not here, this can't be .
Pure Force
power balance between teams are so awesomely high. groups must be choosen as equal rivals. I think..
Glazbom

T o u c h e wrote:

And comments in spanish? please :(
Just for 2 teams?
show more