forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Xakyrie

Metro wrote:

Kyou-kun is a better player than Derekku and as he's saying he asked the best US players to join him. He should have priority over Derekku.
Just because someone is a better player doesn't mean they can just call this place their stomping ground without even giving the slightest courtesy to question the motives and/or plans of the others involved. Derekku hasn't even mentioned what he intends to do at this point. It doesn't give Kyou-kun the privilege to just disregard anyone not of "the best" US players. No one has priority over another here. This attitude is of no relevancy at all.

Pizzicato wrote:

Just a question. Can we have a member that has a japanese flag, and lives in the US, but has the same nationality as us?
If yes, I will update the list :D
No, just as in twc (you should know Pizzicato, you're in it too xD), the member you wish to add must at least either:
  1. Originate from your home country (flag), or
  2. Moved to your home country whilst the creation of their account had preceded the current date.
In easier terms, this person must either be from there originally or live there now, even if their account was created before (example: lived in China then moved to the Philippines; flag is Chinese). A good example (I'm directing this fully to Pizzicato) would be kenny388 taking part in twc, go take a look at the list :3
Vish024

Pizzicato wrote:

Just a question. Can we have a member that has a japanese flag, and lives in the US, but has the same nationality as us?
If yes, Cookiezi has a dual-citizenship. He's half Australian. Sorry KRZY, you can't have him.
Pizzicato

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

If yes, Cookiezi has a dual-citizenship. He's half Australian. Sorry KRZY, you can't have him.
LOL
KRZY

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Let's make a deal. I give you half-Korean status so you can participate in the Korean team also...
Glazbom

KRZY wrote:

You people aren't happy I returned after 8 months of inactivity? :(
Wishy
I doubt Derekku gonna come and bitch about it but if he does they gonna have the same problem Argentina had@OWC #1. Best player should have priority for obvious reasons. If Kyou decides to make his own team with the best US players (assuming those players support him) then his team should be the one playing. If some other player decides to create another team, give priority to the stronger team. This is a world cup so best players should always have priority.

I think it's pretty clear who are the best US players.
Vish024
Joking aside, the so-called "best players" are not always the best leaders. As Loctav suggested, it's probably a better idea that Kyou and Derek sort something out between themselves. Maybe both of them can participate.

Waiting on JappyBabes for the Australian team.
_S_T_A_R

SuzumiyaBR wrote:

_S_T_A_R wrote:

Macau Team

Captain: _S_T_A_R
#2: HildasXD
#3: Alvin Chan
#4: staplerXD
#5: Balance

Good Lucky Macau Team
Thx^^
thelewa
p/1868154

I've added ethox as our #6 player.
Nokeru
Where's Germany? :V

I think I must speak with Loctav in-game, just wait that I get my laptop. Anyway, if it is possible I wanna take part in the staff. If I can, ya sure o.o
Tanzklaue

Nokeru-Chan wrote:

Where's Germany? :V
german team is in the making, as far as I know, the 4 main players are already set, so they only search for 2-4 back up players atm.
GladiOol

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Joking aside, the so-called "best players" are not always the best leaders.
This doesn't apply to me though. I am the best leader and best player 2008-2012. 5ever

And Cookiezi please come back, we want to face you in the finals so you can play vs. Renard, the dutch cookiezi.
That be one epic match 8-) 8-)
Eu Hellscythe
It feels as if this will be a good tournament but I can't join since I don't have any team ;w; Oh wells.
NoHitter

Pizzicato wrote:

Team Philippines
Captain:
-KYOK-
Members:
rickyboi
Anzo-nii
Osu Tatakae Ouendan
Pizzicato
Rozen
Philippines

If yes, I will update the list :D
Philippines is GMT+8 btw.
winber1

GladiOol wrote:

This doesn't apply to me though. I am the best leader and best player 2008-2012. 5ever

And Cookiezi please come back, we want to face you in the finals so you can play vs. Renard, the dutch cookiezi.
That be one epic match 8-) 8-)
gg everyone, nl wins
NonxE
GMT + 7

Caption: NonxE
Player1: Frostmourne
Player2: 0OoMickeyoO0
Player3: blackspell

Backups
bufo
nick4010
termerys
phuditj

If there are too many backups please let me know.
Ca Calne

Xakyrie wrote:

No, just as in twc (you should know Pizzicato, you're in it too xD), the member you wish to add must at least either:
taking part in twc, go take a look at the list :3

just to take confirmation the tournament starts in nov. 15 or next year???
Xakyrie

Ca Calne wrote:

just to take confirmation the tournament starts in nov. 15 or next year???
Which one are you referring to? Because you, Ca Calne, are in twc but not owc, so it's sort of hard to correctly guess which tournament date you are questioning -w-
Lunah
Here is #Italian team updated :

Captain : lesslunatic
#2 : Jordan
#3 : Maddy
#4 : Revy
#5 : Leader
#6 : Nemis
#7 : To be announced
#8 : To be announced
fabriciorby
probably our definitive team

captain: fabriciorby
#2: Blue Dragon
#3: Caco Roth
#4: antsu
#5: Les Discrets
#6: NinjaX1
#7: Velusk
#8: Ghost Princess

thanks
Derekku
Kyou: It's upsetting that you're trying to make your own team without even consulting me. I've been busy and sick lately, which is why I haven't put a team together yet. Also, as others have said, I'm waiting for more results of USAT.

I would like for the USA team to go far in the tournament this time, and to do so the team needs a captain that is respectful and willing to cooperate. Unfortunately, I do not believe that you fit such a position.

As seen from owc2:

NatsumeRin wrote:

@Kyou-Kun: you need to talk with the captain of Vietnam then get an agreement.

Wishy22 wrote:

PM'd Kyou-kun a few days ago still waiting for an answer.

Metro wrote:

Kyou-kun this is a public call for you to confirm your matches vs. Austria and Argentina.

I hope you give us both a serious answer.

M A R I O wrote:

Hm, seems like Kyou-kun won't confirm..
I think we should Kick him/her as Captain if USA or ask the staff ^^
@staff What will you do if Kyou-kun won't answer?

Cyclone wrote:

To my understanding it was rescheduled to tomorrow. I would know since I spent about 2 hours trying to get an answer out of kyou-kun-OH WAIT. I think i'm seeing the pattern here. Ok, -Lennox- Please confirm that the match was to be played tomorrow. Argentina, get in contact with me about when we can play. If he's not responding I'm taking over.

I understand that you think the team should be composed of the best players. However:

LaVolpe024 wrote:

the so-called "best players" are not always the best leaders.
Ohrami
I think I fit it fine

Also, I tried talking to you, but you didn't respond
Wishy
I didn't even remember that lol.

Kyou should not be allowed to be US captain. Unless he is willing to accept he was a moron and he has changed. Like from what I've talked with Loctav any team taking that kind of actions (not answering PM's/being dicks) will get kicked out from the tournament, if Kyou does that stuff again his whole team will be kicked out. :/
kriers
Wow that's pretty strong evidence of bad management by Kyou-kun. Derekku is also a really good player and normally underrated since he doesn't play that much. I feel there's no doubt that Derekku should be captain at this point.
fartownik
I remember that situation, it was annoying for pretty much everyone. I have nothing against Derekku being the captain of the US team, just talk it through guys.
Frostmourne
I do really want to face Norway & Argentina for this year , will be best memory for me <3 ~
fabriciorby
calling Argentina as Brasil was so unrespectful I request banishment
Cyclohexane

Kyou-kun wrote:

I think I fit it fine
rock solid arguments in this sunnuva

Anyway sarcasm aside there should be no doubt that Derekku is best suited to be the captain for this year's owc, not only according to the aforementioned reasons, but also because I think Derekku would be better.
Xakyrie
^ Subjecting your argument doesn't add to its value. It only takes away from it's effectiveness, you know.
Ohrami
just let Derekku be captain and not play

that way everything will be better

I also want to see USA get far, and for that we need good players who can actually do well, and I do not think Derekku is good enough for that
XPJ38

Mr Color wrote:

but also because I think Derekku would be better.
Not sure if sarcasm or arrogance.
Gon
Just to clarify, do we -need- 8 members for each team now?
Wishy
No.
those

Mr Color wrote:

Kyou-kun wrote:

I think I fit it fine
rock solid arguments in this sunnuva
Sounds like replying to mods
YodaSnipe
Canada vs Korea please. I want to score 1 point against them this year too :)
Andy Chen_old

YodaSnipe wrote:

Canada vs Korea please. I want to score 1 point against them this year too :)
Wow you actually came back :o
Lybydose
Would either of you (or other USA players for that matter) have any objections against me as the USA captain? Not necessarily as a player, just as the person scheduling and running stuff (though I will play if I absolutely have to).
Vish024
Tell you what, give Kyou captaincy just to appease her and let someone else do the scheduling and organising stuff.
Ohrami
Also, I wouldn't be against Lyby being scheduler~<3
rrtyui
#Japanese team (GMT+9)

captain: rrtyui
#2: Potofu
#3: serea
#4: KeigoClear
#5: Apricot
#6: Rorry
#7: Karuta
#8: ???