forum

osu! World Cup #3 (Concluded - Korea wins)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kert
2-2. Back-Ups can only be put into matches, if none of the other 6 members are available.
I don't get it
Do you mean these additional two backups can only play 2 vs the whole other team? (in case core members are all not available)
Topic Starter
Loctav

Metro wrote:

Salvage multiaccounting??? Where did you get that from?
You should read what Wishy wrote?

@Kert

No. It's meant like that these 2 backups can only play in your 4v4 match, if you can't provide 4 members from the core. Means that they can only be used if less than 4 core members are available.
Kert
Basically 4 backup players instead of 2 now?
Because I don't understand understand a difference between them now
Topic Starter
Loctav
While you can freely exchange your team during a match with the 6 core players (like if you have all 6 online, you can freely exchange each other in a match), this isnt possible with the extra backups.

As you have noticed, I never told you that 2 of the 6 are backups. I told you that your team can be 6 players large. And that was on purpose.
Kert
I see. Thanks for the explanation
Mercurial

Loctav wrote:

@Wishy22 refusing your application as it is, I'll leave Salavage out. Multiaccounting is prohibited in this game. He needs to participate with his real account.
Wait, are you saying Darksonic is a Salvage's Multiaccount?

Don't make me laugh Loctav, srsly...
JappyBabes

Mercurial wrote:

Wait, are you saying Darksonic is a Salvage's Multiaccount?

Don't make me laugh Loctav, srsly...

Wishy22 wrote:

#4: IFREANN belial. (This guy is actually Salvage, but he is a little bitch and wants to play with another account so he won't get any A on his record)
^Page 9. readthreadplz
Mercurial
Oh, cool.
jesse1412
Well gonna post the UK team so far, I'll update this dependant on who shows up and whether one of our players will be eligible:

Captain: jesus1412
#2 luvu
#3 R a h a r u
Gon
where hoppip
Emaal

Gon wrote:

where hoppip
he he he
jesse1412

Gon wrote:

where hoppip
If I told you that I'd gimp our chances of actually getting him on the UK team.
maay
reserving slot for team Uruguay:

Captain: maay
Player 2: Z e o n
Player 3: H1ko
Player 4: Snepif

updating soon, thx
Aoi Haru_old
Poles will won
Tanzklaue

Aoi Haru wrote:

Poles will won
nope. korea and japan will play it out.
JonnyThatJonny
Expecting Latvia team as best underdog of the tournament.
Tanzklaue
expecting germany being the team that is heavily underrated despite being as good as some of the best non-asian teams.
thelewa

Tanzklaue wrote:

expecting germany being the team that is heavily underrated despite being as good as some of the best non-asian teams.
Sorry, but that spot is taken by Finland.
xsrsbsns
expecting malaysia as best non-asian asian team
Vish024
I suggest you guys don't use this thread for banter/jokes/non-preparation related comments. You can post in this thread for that.
Ruidoso
Oh, god why...
Niko

Aoi Haru wrote:

Poles will won
no.
Vmx

JonnyThatJonny wrote:

Expecting Latvia team as best underdog of the tournament.
D:
Wishy
The new back-ups rule is completely broken. From what you wrote it means that if NONE of the 6 main players are available, you can use 2 back-ups, meaning you'll play 2v4. :fucklogic:

I assume you mean you can freely use your special back-ups when you can't get a full team online at the time of the match, meaning 3 of your 6 are AFK, you can use 1 special back-up. Anyways it is impossible for anyone to actually prove who's available and who's not (omg cat on fire can't play hey back-up guy go play), so you could pretty much edit the OP post and put you can get 8 players total. You could add that 2 "last back-ups" won't get supporter tag (who cares anyways), but meh.

Then again if you mean you got to design 6 out of those 8 players for a match before match's time, still pointless. Accounts can and will be shared if some team can't get 4 players@match time. Just go make it 4 main + 4 back-ups. Or 4 main + 2 back-ups + 2 emergency back-ups.
Topic Starter
Loctav
Fixed the wordings a bit to clarify what I meant. I think this should be final now.
SuzumiyaBR

_S_T_A_R wrote:

Macau Team

Captain: _S_T_A_R
#2: HildasXD
#3: Alvin Chan
#4: staplerXD
#5: Balance

Good Lucky Macau Team
KRZY
Now that you've decided to allow teams to have 8 members, I also think we should keep it simple here and allow 8-person teams without division. There is no reason to distinguish between starters and backups at all.
Tanzklaue
even KRZY said that it is smart. now please do it, so everyone is happy.

Metro

KRZY wrote:

Now that you've decided to allow teams to have 8 members, I also think we should keep it simple here and allow 8-person teams without division. There is no reason to distinguish between starters and backups at all.
Agreed.

You can also make it that if some team never uses a player those players won't get any prizes.
Ohrami
USA team

Captain: Kyou-kun
#2: Silynn
#3: Kaoru
#4: SapphireGhost
#5: JAKANYAN

I'll think of more later
KRZY
Also,

Loctav wrote:

3. Captain of the winning team must provide screenshots of all of the map results and the Multiplayer History link. These must be sent to to fartownik or Loctav via forum PM. If any of the captains won't do it, the match will be nullified and a rematch will be needed.
I don't know if this is really necessary/appropriate. Multiplayer history should be enough, as it was in the previous world cup. Also, captains should be allowed to post match results on this forum for everyone to see.

Updating the Korean team:

Team Korea
Timezone: GMT +9

Captain
  • KRZY
Players:
  • Clementine
    Reisen Udongein
    K i R i K a R u
    [ Beatrice ]
    Cookiezi
    Dungeon
    CheEz
Wishy
I was happy until I read the end of your post. :(
MMzz

Kyou-kun wrote:

USA team

I'll think of more later
Wasn't Derreku already organizing a team for USA? (If you look at the first few post.)
Ohrami

MMzz wrote:

Kyou-kun wrote:

USA team

I'll think of more later
Wasn't Derreku already organizing a team for USA? (If you look at the first few post.)
But this team is better, mostly considering he had no team members

also request to have your post deleted so the combo doesn't be broken
KRZY
You people aren't happy I returned after 8 months of inactivity? :(
MMzz

Kyou-kun wrote:

He was waiting for the results of USAT to try and organize a well balanced team.
Ohrami

MMzz wrote:

Kyou-kun wrote:

He was waiting for the results of USAT to try and organize a well balanced team.
I already know the best balance of a team for the USA

Me, JAKANYAN, SapphireGhost, Kaoru, and a couple others would be the best

Sadly, JAKANYAN decided he doesn't want to play this time
Topic Starter
Loctav
You should arrange yourself with Derekku, since I don't like this attitude that you simply overrule someone who came before you.
Metro
Kyou-kun is a better player than Derekku and as he's saying he asked the best US players to join him. He should have priority over Derekku.
Mismagius

KRZY wrote:

Cookiezi
shit incoming

And I'll talk to fabb about the 8 players thing. We had something planned but we'll see.
show more