forum

1v1 matchmaking

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +568
Topic Starter
Repulles
Recently there was created this 1v1 matchmaking bot (https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1027916) by a devteam from outside of osu staff.
So i have thought why not just encourage osu! devs/staff into implementing it directly into osu's web/client with rakings like the current pp rankings (https://osu.ppy.sh/rankings/osu/performance).

Leave your thoughts.
eldnl
sounds great, this may implement a "tournament skill" ranking as well, which I would really appreciate since it is the only reason I play this game (tournaments lol)
chaman22
Absolutely! However, they should implement another map selection system; as I've tried the actual osu!mm discord service, I really was discouraged by the '3* +HD ar6' maps I've been queued in...
It really doesnt fit my gamestyle, and there was no maps I use to enjoy.

Per exemple, I'm a 80k player (which isn't great) but I enjoy playing maps from high 4* to low 7*.
And playing 4* (or less), low AR, old style, etc. maps will not allow me to perform as much as I should, and mostly will not bring fun in the place :).

In my opinion, they should:
- let players pick their own maps or in a dedicateed mappool
- up the advised difficulty based on ranks or top plays
Donson
I think taking some inspiration from DJMAX RESPECT V would be fitting in this case. The game has a Ladder mode which is a ranked matchmaking system with ranks like in other games (Overwatch and League Of Legends). It places 2 players in a 1v1 BO3 match against someone in the same mmr as you. At the start of the match a set of 5 different songs appear, the 2 players then each ban a song and then proceed to the BO3 portion where the remainder of the songs then are selected and played.

The game does not have that many players and also sometimes throws in bots to replace the missing players as well. In the case of osu! though, I really could not see that happen at all since the playerbase is so massive.