forum

Why is the hoodies so expensive?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Merusadas
Why is the hoodies so expensive?
$60 for a single hoodie....
isn't that just too expensive considering hoodies usually cost $20~40?
thelewa
Actually it's a normal price for hoodies of this kind, because those osu! clothes have such a small target audience they have to sell them for more moneys. Same thing with band hoodies and other clothing, really.
Vish024
I'm still too much of a cheapo for this stuff. The shirts themselves are $22, that's robbery for me.

You can guess how ridiculously low my budget is.
jabberwockey
Even $10 for a shirt is too much for me, lol
D33d
The equivalent of maybe £40 is a steal in my opinion. Assuming that the hoodies fit and are constructed well, I don't see anything wrong with the price. Then, as lewa said, there's the target audience. These things can't be mass-produced like clothes on the high street.
peppy
For what it's worth, I have the markup set to only $3 right now. Which is basically not even worth it for me. The cost is what you are looking at for getting quality clothes with quality custom printing. This is about the cheapest you'll find without handling posting and directly overseeing the printing process your(my)self.
Topic Starter
Merusadas

peppy wrote:

For what it's worth, I have the markup set to only $3 right now. Which is basically not even worth it for me. The cost is what you are looking at for getting quality clothes with quality custom printing. This is about the cheapest you'll find without handling posting and directly overseeing the printing process your(my)self.

I understand. Except its still too expensive for me though T.T
theowest
It's actually a pretty good price if you live in Sweden.
Kanye West

theowest wrote:

Sweden.
Oh you, quit showing off your economy
winber1
our economy is pretty good too rig-

bye
SuzumiyaBR
It's cheaper than an official shirt of a team ( 180 R$ ) , but too expensive for me
Xgor

Kanye West wrote:

theowest wrote:

Sweden.
Oh you, quit showing off your economy
More like the pricing here is silly
H_Hitachiin
Well,you are actually paying for the quality of the clothing,and if you don't buy now,the price WILL get higher so peppy can make some money.
McDoogle

peppy wrote:

While we're talking about clothes, could you add an option for people to get the image on the back of the shirt instead of the front? Or maybe a design with a really small chest-pocket emblem and then a big design on the back?

Also, holding a contest for a t-shirt design would be really cool.
MMzz

McDoogle wrote:

peppy wrote:

While we're talking about clothes, could you add an option for people to get the image on the back of the shirt instead of the front? Or maybe a design with a really small chest-pocket emblem and then a big design on the back?

We JUST got done with a T-Shirt contest.
All the designs you can buy are the winners.
t/94466
Kurai

McDoogle wrote:

peppy wrote:

Maybe we will do another contest this year. And I will consider your request.
Also, you should have posted in this thread : t/102283
nanashiRei
Sounds right. The best i could find that _ships to germany only_ was ~45€ with a 2,50€ share for myself :S
[suicide
solution:
Make your own cheaper quality osu! hoodie and then post results.
McDoogle

MMzz wrote:

McDoogle wrote:

We JUST got done with a T-Shirt contest.
All the designs you can buy are the winners.
t/94466
Right, I understand that. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if we could possible get t-shirts with the design on the back instead of the front; I tend to like back designs better for my tees. I especially like a small breast pocket design as well, but the design contests are over so I won't push that.
Ekaru
He was responding to the second part of your post. And yes, that's exactly what you were saying. >_>
Kurai

McDoogle wrote:

Right, I understand that. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if we could possible get t-shirts with the design on the back instead of the front; I tend to like back designs better for my tees. I especially like a small breast pocket design as well, but the design contests are over so I won't push that.
If you are really going to buy a t-shirt if I put the design at the back + a pocket design at the front, send me PM telling me which designs you want and I'll do it.
cokeshawty

Manchineel wrote:

solution:
Make your own cheaper quality osu! hoodie and then post results.
Let's do it!
South
very expnsive
dont care
buying one anyway o.o
Xhinryuu
This ^