forum

[Archived] The notes on osu!mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DarkSuperSonic14
When i play a song, i hit all the notes almost perfectly, yet it says i missed them, for nearly all notes, but mainly the long ones
darkmiz
Do you get misses using keyboard on osu! standard mode too? Could be your keyboard lagging.
TheVileOne
Well I wouldn't know how you're missing the long ones to be honest. You just need to hold down for part of it and you'll get points. Remember you'll need to release the button at the end of the long note at the perfect time to get a 300.

Otherwise I would truly check whether you're perfect. If you're lagging the notes could be somewhere else entirely. Try hitting early/later and see if the notes register.
Topic Starter
DarkSuperSonic14
it's not really my computer lagging, cause my friend's going through the same thing. it's registering that i'm hitting the notes and counting up, but once the note is done, it says i missed, when i didn't. my friend thinks it might be an bug with the game or something, but i don't really know...
unknown_beats_old
I'm also getting this and its very annoying. It mainly affects the long notes for me.
peppy
Can you make a video showing this?
Topic Starter
DarkSuperSonic14
i don't know how to record stuff on my computer sorry... if anyone knows how to and can tell me, i'd be more than happy to... but i can't afford any programs my computer doesn't already have....
Izardwizard
I'm not sure if this is enough evidence, but it still shows the issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL55njr8XEc
tekking
As far as I've noticed, the thing that changed is that holding a long note after the end now always causes a miss, whereas before I think it only reduced the score by 2 levels (The wiki says this too). This seems like the issue described here, though I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug.
darkmiz

Izardwizard wrote:

I'm not sure if this is enough evidence, but it still shows the issue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL55njr8XEc
This video only shows that your accuracy is bad.
woc2006
When you found this issue? mania got updated last night. Try again please.
DJKero
Well, this is made as purpose, you have to get timing in the start and in the end of the longnote to don't have a miss or a score reduction, and obviously a ComboBreak... if you play Beatmania IIDX or O2Jam you'll see that's the same, this mode emulates them, it isn't a turned down dance game...

It's a BeatGame. DanceGames are music games designed for everyone to play them...

BeatGame's are the ones that hardcore music gamers have tendence to play... they have harder hit-windows and that makes the accuracy harder to get 100%, and even if you get 100%, the score surely won't be the MAX Score.

Until you got an FULL "Colorful 300" (aka JustGreat [Beatmania Term])

Basically, in BeatGames Perfect Accuracy means the Best Score, it's really the oposite as Osu! Standard, there Combo got almost the same Weight of Accuracy or even more than accuracy in the score calculation...

Actually, i don't want to get a discussion that will be endless, but i think a GOOD PLAYER don't need the combo bonus to show his skills, and that's really the only weak point of Osu!, and really, Peppy knows it... and he admit that fault...

And he thinks the same way, but restarting all the ranks will make the 'Best Players' and the 'Popularity' of the game go down in a straight line, so he doesn't give it a chance for modify that...

Personally i think that Osu! in the 5th anniversary needs a start from scratch, and a new Score Calculation would be the perfect thing to introduce, even knowing the "Mass" will be against this change...

But, this is a Peppy's decision. I can't say more than this, but, get used to it...
Archangel Tirael
Perhaps I think so, but the
long and regular notes to the
accuracy of different fault-
finding. I often fall through
songs on them. I doubt that
this is due to the fact that I do
not play long notes, though,
because with conventional
notes have no such problems,
and "miss" is counted only at
the beginning of a long note. Plus I have 3.5 years of playing
DJMAX and I experienced
enough not to make such
mistakes in such large
numbers. I think that
something is not working
properly.
statementreply

tekking wrote:

As far as I've noticed, the thing that changed is that holding a long note after the end now always causes a miss, whereas before I think it only reduced the score by 2 levels (The wiki says this too). This seems like the issue described here, though I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug.
>>peppy >>woc2006

There are two recent changes regarding hold note behavior.
2012-10-05 [*] [peppy] Improve behaviour of osu!mania holds.
2012-10-20 [*] [woc2006] osu!mania: Hold notes' bug fix.

The first change introduced a few bugs (scoring, replay, etc.) among hold note judgement inconsistency. Hold note judgement after this change looks like this, and over-holding a hold note gives a 200/300/200/100 judgement depending on hold start timing.

The second change resolved the bugs and changed over-holding judgement to miss.

I've got no idea which (miss or 200) is the intended behavior regarding hold note judgement. Also judgement in the following situations is somewhat tricky:
  1. Releasing a hold note halfway, and then recovers: Miss? 50? Depending on how long it is released in total (eg. < 150 ms and good timing on hold start/end: 100, < 50% of duration: 50, else: miss)? Current behavior: 50.
  2. Releasing a hold note way too early: Miss? Same as releasing a hold note halfway and then recovers? Current behavior: Miss.
  3. Releasing a hold note way too late: Miss? 50? 100/50? Current behavior: Miss. Behavior before the second change: 200/300/200/100.
  4. Pressing a hold note way too early: Miss? 50? 100/50? Current behavior: Same as releasing a hold note halfway and then recovers.
  5. Pressing a hold note way too late: Miss? Same as releasing a hold note halfway and then recovers? Current behavior: Same as releasing a hold note halfway and then recovers.