forum

Did you cry on CLANNAD?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Himenikko
Yup and they saw me, they thought i had an sore eyes.
Topic Starter
Tesu

Himenikko wrote:

Yup and they saw me, they thought i had an sore eyes.
sad :(
Kunieda
I cry 100 times for all episode ...
bentyhunter
Multiple times....manly tears i swear
Foxtrot
No
JeuXinTerdiTs_old
Whoever doesn't has no soul :D
RynaHitsune
It just felt like cutting onions when I watch those episodes.
so. yeah.
she_old
hm, nope
Effy
yes D:
Jayel
yes, certainly.
Shirotaku
no hurts feeling but if you don't cry ....
check if you still have a heart o3o

I used a box of tissue just on watching both season ... mainly season 2 T.T
Nya-nyan_old
I cried a lot :cry:
MiawKatze
i cried so much my neighbors came to help. Oops, none needed.
Turboapina
Never cried on any anime/show and neither did in Clannad.
Though it was one of the saddest animes i've seen so far, im still way too coldhearted to cry for it :D
mathexpert

absolutely breathtaking duet

my feels ;_;
Octane
The man tears where coming down HARD!
Yin
I didn't cry while watching the first season of Clannad. But I did cry a lot at points of After Story.
GoreObsessed

NO
Nya-nyan_old

GoreObsessed wrote:

NO
Manly/Girly tears :(
Xylem Beer
I still cry even when just listening to the BGMs
noneed
Oh man, I'm only 10 episodes into it and I already cried... there's this kind of fuzzy, warm and sad feeling to it but nonetheless, it's pleasing.
XPJ38
The show is veeeeery namby-pamby, and I was too much thinking of the moment the characters will stop being silly to even drop a tear.

Yes.
Hatori-kun
No, but I almost cried in After Story.
Come[Back]Home
I'll never cry when i'm watching Animes.
Flanster
I have yeah, while watching the anime and playing the visual novel.
Maneuver
Yes... T.T even when i know spoiler
Moriya Suwako
Fantastic anime whatever.After story really made me cry.
birra
clannad AF ftw </3
noneed
Yup, After Story certainly hit me like a truck, lol. Despite knowing something incredibly sad will happen because of the repuptation of the anime "that" episode was still heart wrenching and the following one as well.
I'll gladly take ep 22 as the ending, ep 21 had me on the verge of tears again.

Kinda weird, crying over this altough stuff like Grave of the Fireflies left me dry-eyed.
Apex_old
What happens if you put 250grams of Clannad, 500ml of despairing, excruciating, and melancholy darkness of the world mixed with human aggression and violence, some teaspoons of Chinese elements, 100 grams of morals together?

Basically, an anime with a happy start and daily school lives like Clannad, a plot between two characters, the male protagonist a "everyday bad boy", and the female protagonist a shy and bullied girl. The story intensely darkens into something much more worse than Madoka in the end because the Nagisa female character's mother is divorced and a psychopathic trafficker who halted the love between Okazaki and Nagisa the two characters by a deception. And the male protagonist returns to his home by bus and witnesses the true darkness and apathy of the world(with sad BGM) and cries in the end.

After some kind of dark story and plot, Okazaki marries Nagisa, something breaks them apart, Nagisa is killed, Okazaki becomes a psychopath and commits suicide with lunatic laughter.

So what do you think about it, I'm intending to write my anime like that.
Foxtrot
get out
Mints
Well after story is very very touching :/ cried loads
mathexpert

Apex wrote:

Okazaki marries Nagisa, something breaks them apart, Nagisa is killed, Okazaki becomes a psychopath and commits suicide with lunatic laughter.
lol that ending. What's your story's theme, or main message? Because judging from the ending, it's very different from that of CLANNAD's.
Turboapina

Apex wrote:

~I'm intending to write my anime like that.
Oh god, i'm already loving this <3
Apex_old

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Apex wrote:

Okazaki marries Nagisa, something breaks them apart, Nagisa is killed, Okazaki becomes a psychopath and commits suicide with lunatic laughter.
lol that ending. What's your story's theme, or main message? Because judging from the ending, it's very different from that of CLANNAD's.
Themes:

The fragility of life.

The darkness of the world.

The Golden Rule.

Corruption.

There's going to be lots of symbols, deep morals, and it's so going to be different from the generic bad anime shit we see today.

By the way, the Okazaki didn't die. He failed while he commited suicide, and he decided to love others and spread the love(I hate this phrase, but it's the only one I've got). He became a famous pastor and built many refuges to keep all those trafficked. He forgive the woman who killed his wife. This story has a magnificent ending that has do with the symbol of this story but I'm not going to tell you because I'm too lazy to talk of the story's symbols and I hate spoilers.
Loading_old
yaa, especially in the ~clannad after story~ :cry:
Suntears
Manly tears was shed

JeuXinTerdiTs wrote:

Whoever doesn't has no soul :D
Elancia
yes >.<
Birdy
No. But I heard After Story is at least 5 times tougher to watch without crying, so I'm afraid to start it.
mathexpert
show more