Taiko General Discussion thread

posted
Total Posts
1,386
show more
Nwolf
December ends with 1 less ranked map than 2014 and 2013, having 16 ranked maps! That's still not too bad cause judging by the current qualified maps we will have a good start in 2016!

Jan: 24
Feb: 14
Mar: 20
Apr: 14
May: 15
Jun: 8
Jul: 18
Aug: 26
Sep: 18
Oct: 27
Nov: 27
Dec: 16

Total: 227

Comparison: 2014 had 189
Ney

Estaryo wrote:

A Keylayout where all keys are nearly at the same spot isnt good. i dont know exactly why, but your hand hands are free if keys are far apart from each other.
So what you did was definitly the right thing, and thats how the most Taiko-players play, if you look at Youtubevideo's or else^^
a compact layout like CVBN or FGHJ allows you to hit don finishers with one hand, so it has its uses

plus it makes it possible to play converts with 1/8's but that's a post for another time
hyliades

Nwolf wrote:

December ends with 1 less ranked map than 2014 and 2013, having 16 ranked maps! That's still not too bad cause judging by the current qualified maps we will have a good start in 2016!
guess we got another
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/353035
Topic Starter
Gezoda
BAHAHA jumping on conclusions gg

also the list is fuller than ever, we're topping at 61 now~
Nwolf

hyliades wrote:

Nwolf wrote:

December ends with 1 less ranked map than 2014 and 2013, having 16 ranked maps! That's still not too bad cause judging by the current qualified maps we will have a good start in 2016!
guess we got another
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/353035
that IS no.16 C:
Ophthalmologist
Idk where to ask my question, so I'll just do it here.

I can FC 6-6.7* maps, but my low acc ruins all the pp. For example, I FC'ed PUPA on Hell Oni today with 95.00% (962 of 300's and 106 of 100's + 1 Katu) and got 264pp (which sucks for such a difficult map). HR and DT are pure hell for me because of that. Can't normally play anything with OD>6.

So, any tips on improving acc?
OnosakiHito
I will wish everyone of you a happy new year! That all of us have a happy and succesfull new year and that our community will continue going forward together. As every year, it was a pleassure to work with you all together! Ono loves you :D


karterfreak

CyIIEP CyC wrote:

Idk where to ask my question, so I'll just do it here.

I can FC 6-6.7* maps, but my low acc ruins all the pp. For example, I FC'ed PUPA on Hell Oni today with 95.00% (962 of 300's and 106 of 100's + 1 Katu) and got 264pp (which sucks for such a difficult map). HR and DT are pure hell for me because of that. Can't normally play anything with OD>6.

So, any tips on improving acc?
Best way to get good at acc is to drop to slightly easier maps and focus entirely on accuracy. Add HR to as many 5/6* maps you can without making it too hard to read to get used to both higher SV and timing your hits better. Set goals (IE: An OD6 FC isn't good enough unless above 99%, OD7 not good enough unless 98%, etc.) Eventually you'll just start noticing you're more accurate over time.

edit: finding what your local offset is for songs that are slightly mistimed also helps, but is probably not the reason you're struggling with OD7+
Ophthalmologist

Tasha wrote:

Best way to get good at acc is to drop to slightly easier maps and focus entirely on accuracy. Add HR to as many 5/6* maps you can without making it too hard to read to get used to both higher SV and timing your hits better. Set goals (IE: An OD6 FC isn't good enough unless above 99%, OD7 not good enough unless 98%, etc.) Eventually you'll just start noticing you're more accurate over time.

edit: finding what your local offset is for songs that are slightly mistimed also helps, but is probably not the reason you're struggling with OD7+
Thanks, I'll try all of this :)
-Sh1n1-

OnosakiHito wrote:

I will wish everyone of you a happy new year! That all of us have a happy and succesfull new year and that our community will continue going forward together. As every year, it was a pleassure to work with you all together! Ono loves you :D


happy new year ono senpai
goatlife
I'm actually getting cancer from the increased amount of kkkd mapping pls stop
OzzyOzrock
;););););););) new meta bitch get used to it 8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)
goatlife
Ppus

goatlife wrote:

weird :o
Kuro
pls...
i singletapped Camellia - Routing and still failed lmao


too pro to pass the map
not really, I just suck at this game
goatlife

Kuro wrote:

too pro to pass the map
not really, I just suck at this game
literally same
Ppus

Kuro wrote:

too pro to pass the map
not really, I just suck at this game
You're Lying!?
OnosakiHito
For the tatacon interested: t/258400&start=0
Raiden
t/407513

APPLY NOW GUYS
Kuro
no thanks, bn too stronk

i miss my days as a CAT tho... rip
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply