forum

Reaction Time of Osu Players

posted
Total Posts
show more
Starz0r
I'm still wondering how I got 61ms. Must be because of all the FPS games I play...

EDIT: Ninja'd and still number 1 on the thread :O
thelewa

ok this time I was a bit more alert, played it based on the sound the sheep make, because I react faster to sounds than visuals

edit3: I get around 220ms on the other game that's based on visual reaction
buny
Averaging ~210 on both
Pacemaker
Every human's reaction time is (about) the same, regardless of whether you do high-speed games like osu! or not. The only thing that's slightly ahead of our thoughts' perception is reflex, and stuff becomes reflex after doing the same thing again and again (e.g circle clicking).
Glockateer

My reaction time is still improving due to a better lifestyle than I used to have. :oops:
Birdy
first link: 247
second: 214

wat
Lybydose
fast enough to deathbomb in Mountain of Faith

yeaaaaaaaaaaaah
silmarilen

at least im consistent
Amefuri Koneko
160-180 for me, but I did this kind of tests before so I'm quite used to them, lol
Topic Starter
Aqo

FruitTingles wrote:

Always around 260ms :c
That explains why I'm horrible at HR
btw just to point out something so that the op doesn't confuse you

300ms is for AR10+DT. Regular AR10 is 450ms. Whether you have 250ms or 200ms reaction time has little effect on your ability to play regular HR (at worst jump accuracy will be 25% harder for you than people who react faster... not that big of a deal).
Kanye West
>Osu
Tom69_old
I average out at 200ms. And yeah... as Pacemaker said: Every human has similar reaction time. You can't really train that.
Zare

Ok, I guess.
Tanzklaue

Oh my god, below 100 once x.x

Full Tablet
The second test is slightly luck based.
1) Sometimes the sheep that starts running is offscreen. Time starts running when the sheep appears in the screen, but the running sound starts as soon as the sheep starts running (so you have an advantage if you react by sound instead of images).
2) Sheep that appear in the upper part are much easier to catch than the ones that appear in the bottom.

Also, it seems if you manage to catch a sheep before it is onscreen you get a 0.0 sec reaction time.
(I averaged 200.2 in the first test and around 240 in the second one)
hinamizawan

Second time on that one, first one was around 0.260, still too slow :(

what a noob
Yuzeyun

this is why i became a taiko hr pro
Shilkey
XPJ38
:?

I also did 0,2072 sec on the sheep test.
GoldenWolf

Meh, tired :(
Asterio_old
First try.
Seems pretty precise.

Souko

Fourth one came so soon after third I just wasn't ready for it ;__;
Xaffy
Looks like 250-260 average for me. No wonder I am bad at this game. And FPS's :(
buny

Xafnia wrote:

Looks like 250-260 average for me. No wonder I am bad at this game. And FPS's :(
Nono, just blame your mouse response time.
billy96
But, i rarely play FPS ._.
Horo

LOL you can see it in the corner there, no idea how I got that one.
HakuNoKaemi
I got 50 ms for one time
though I'm 207 ms in average
BeatofIke
268 ms for me
Hanyuu

The highest result was around 215 and the lowest 170something, average 195 in 5 test :D
Mukku
Average 190.8

1st around 170
2nd around 180
3rd around 220
4th around 170
5th around 180

If I remember correctly. I thought my reaction time was super slow and I still can't read AR10 almost at all.

EDIT: Okay second try went better.

Average: 178.4

1st 169
2nd around 180
3rd around 180
4th around 180
5th 175
Jordan
300ms average but i can play hr... shet
JappyBabes

Finger slipped on #4.... gg
Wishy
I don't think this test is any good if we want to compare it with osu! ARs, same happened with those stream speed tests.

Lol how is it possible to get 0ms.
Dai
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

why 3 sheep for the same time www
Tarantino_old

I get very slow times on the second one, because there is constant distraction from the sheeps moving and making sound.
I can't even get a single sheep under 0.200 seconds.

I guess that's the difference between playing with or without storyboard/background? :D
Satonaka

Do I win the slowest reaction award? :(
Kert
I get 260-290 on the first one
and

UPD:
HOW DID I DO THAT
Frizz

I'm guessing there's some kind of "object recognition" thing at the first three sheeps which then results in faster response time at the last two sheeps.
ann_old
Boring
show more