forum

Saving search requests. [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
Osu now does't save your search request in beatmap map selector.
0) You have many beatmaps.
1) For example, you want play MLP OST and you type "pony" in beatmap selector.
2) You play one of the founded map.
3) You clear it and want play other OST. You push "Back to menu".
4) Search request is empty and you must type it again.
5) You want play your all 9000 OSTs and type request again and again...
...I think that it must be fixed.
theowest
so.. search history basically?
bwross
A full history isn't really necessary to deal with this. It could be done by allowing the player to "lock" a search, so the results are still there when they come back... like with a little lock button beside the search field.

A search history, though, offers other possibilities... mostly with the ability to go back and look at things you were searching in the past few days (which might be more useful for finding a recently played map you can't remember than using the Last Played sort).
peppy
Search is saved in the next public release.
Topic Starter
Archangel Tirael
Yeah! Yeah!! Yeah!!! My first successful request! I happy! I really happy! Thanks! Let's start all night party! ;)
jemhuntr

Archangel Tirael wrote:

Yeah! Yeah!! Yeah!!! My first successful request! I happy! I really happy! Thanks! Let's start all night party! ;)
lol felt same with mine xD
TheVileOne
I tested in test build and osu! doesn't save searches when you go into the editor of a song and go back to the menu. An oversight?
jemhuntr
maybe because it was recoded a while ago and the test build and changelog updates daily..?
electrolytes

peppy wrote:

Search is saved in the next public release.
I'm a little confused, because I was going to put in a feature request for this, but found this topic under "completed" requests. The search box is still cleared and the list of search results are still gone after I finish or exit a beatmap. Like Archangel Tirael, I have to type it in again and manually scroll down to where I was to continue my progress. Am I doing something wrong? Did "search is saved" mean something else? Maybe this is just me and I'll have to re-download...

EDIT: Restarted and the problem seems to have fixed itself. Pressing left/right selects the song at the end/beginning of the search results on returning (after song is played) though, rather then before/after the current song.