forum

BusterBlazeFox's "Day at a Time" Modding Queue [~Closed~]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Like a bolt from the blue, it's time for BusterBlazeFox's Day at a Time Modding queue!

Just like America cleaning out his storage closet, I've decided to create a modding queue on a whim! Why? Well, we'll get to that later! What you want are the rules so you can get your maps modded!!

NOTE: If the queue is closed and nobody's posted before you (excluding me, of course), go ahead and leave your map here if you'd like a Mod4Mod. I'm ALWAYS willing to do M4M's, so if you leave a post, I'll get to your map ASAP next time I'm here modding! :D

0. Bonus points to the person who can tell me what either of the above references are from! It's not gonna make me mod your map any faster or anything, but nobody's pointed them out yet, so...

1. One slot open at a time. This means I'm going to take the first map I see and ignore any after it. I'll then close the queue and re-open it when I'm done with that map, and the first post after I re-open will be modded. So if someone posted before you, tough luck. ;-;

2. No Approval maps. I'm not the best player at osu!, and approval maps tend to be approval maps because they're really tough.

3. Any type of beatmap is accepted, long songs, short songs, English songs, Spanish songs, Video Game songs... you get the drill. But I reserve the right to turn down your request if it's something crazy, like a 90 BPM 5:00 song with six diffs. Normally, I don't discriminate by whether or not I like the song though, don't worry. :)

4. Just a tentative guideline to keep in mind: I suck at the "secondary" game modes, Taiko, CtB and Mania. If you include a Taiko diff. in your spread or whatever I'll still mod it if you like, but I don't think it'll be any good. So there's a warning for ya.

Post away!!! First come, first served!

Other Stuff:
If you just want your map modded, you don't have to read this junk. I like to include any info I can, I guess. It's not like me to start a modding queue, after all. :p
So, why am I doing this? Well, a few reasons.

First, I want to find all kinds of new beatmaps. I've found most of my favorite music through osu!. All too often do I go to a restaurant or the store and hear a song in the background and think, "Hey, I know that song from osu!". Plus, it's tough finding ALL the music the world has to offer due to language barriers, and I've found a lot of music that I like that isn't in English.
Secondly, I want to get a bit more involved in the osu! community, even in a small way. If I mod a map and it later gets ranked, I can look back at that map and say to myself, "Hey, I remember that map. I was a part of getting that map ranked!"
Thirdly, as a person who has a few beatmaps myself, I know how tough it is getting a map ranked. The best way is to go to the modding queues, since asking in chat can sometimes end up... disastrous, if you don't know how to ask. But then, you come here and 3/4 of them are closed, and the only ones that are open have all kinds of rules as to what types of maps you can ask to be modded, commonly resulting in your map being excluded (Not that I should talk about the being closed thing, but I like to contribute whenever possible). This probably won't be easy for me, and I'm probably about to find out JUST how high in demand beatmap mods are, but if even one person gets closer to having a ranked map because of my queue, I'll be happy.
Fourthly, I want to get some modding experience in general. By looking at how other people make their beatmaps and thinking of what I would do to make it better, I improve my own mapping skills.

I call this the "Day at a Time" queue because I don't always... er, feel like modding maps. :O I recently lost my job ( :( Oh, sadness, woe is me), so I will at the very least HAVE the time to do some mods. Not sure I'll DEDICATE the time to this, but I'm sure I'll do a few mods at some point.
Konei
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Closed for Konei~
Suimya
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/61719

nvm
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Open~!
P o M u T a
t/92500
thanks you~
Suimya

Sekai-nyan wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/61719

nvm my map orz
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Closed for P o M u T a~
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Open once again~
b4 for Shirov
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Closed for Shirov~

Last one for now, will be closed for a while. :( Sorry~
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Now open and taking Mod4Mods~! Find the beatmaps to mod on the first post! :3
wmtokok
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Closed for wmtokok
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Open again~

EDIT: Seems like nobody wants to do it the way I wanted, so I guess just go ahead and post your request and you can mod one of mine after I'm done! :3

I'll take regular mod requests (Not M4M) if your map has two or less mods on it already, though. ^_^
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Giving up on M4M for now, let the requests roll in~
Chupalika
hi
I wasn't really sure if I wanted a mod on this...
but then again why not, it's hard to find modders :)
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/79693
thanks!
[Luxord]
Hey~

Umm.. 16th Labo - Nobodyknows

Thank you!(?)
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Closed for Chupalika!

Sorry Kiyoshi! :(
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Now open~

EDIT: My 100th post, WOO~!!! Party! I guess it's as good as anything that it's in my modding queue, haha. xD
Honeybadger_old
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Closed for Dwargkiller! :)
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
All done with the last mod, but I'm closed for tonight, sorry! :< I'll be back another day~
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Now open for business again! Let the requests flow!
DakeDekaane
Hi, it has a lot of diffs, but don't need to mod all, just that what you can
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/80650
Thanks in advance.
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Closed for DakeDekaane! :)
Topic Starter
BusterBeachside
Finished the last mod, but it was a doozy, afraid I'm gonna have to close down for the night. You can leave a post anytime if you're willing to do a Mod4Mod, though, and I'll mod you're map ASAP! :3