forum

8k mod in osu mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
c-Sarah
Well, the problem is - I'm playing only 8k or 7k, cuz i'm used to play iid. but for some reason 7k and 8k mod has score multiplier 0.86. Why so? I hope it will be fixed,cuz it's rly makes no sense. Sry for my english :3
bwross
Turn off the 4K/5K/6K/7K/8K mod completely, and you'll see that osu!mania decides how many keys work best for the converted maps. Selecting a different level from what it thinks is ideal is what gets you the 0.86x modifier. It doesn't matter if you go up or down in keys.
TheVileOne
0.86 means you'll get maximum score of 8.6 million instead of 10 million, what's the big deal.
buny
There is nothing to be fixed.
Amefuri Koneko
Is there any map that has 8K nomod? I haven't seen one yet. So is it more reasonable to learn 7k then 8k? Or harder Insanes will be 8k in future?
Also, 4k mod makes maps A LOT easier, modifier should be lower for this one imho.
MillhioreF
No maps have native 8K when converted, but osu!mania specific maps have the option to be made 8K.
Layne_old_1
~
woc2006
I just leave 8K/7+1K for mappers, and I believe there will be lots of 8K/7+1K maps in near future. So just go practice 8K with mod.