forum

Poll 15: Would you buy an osu! graphics tablet?

posted
Total Posts

Would you buy an osu! branded graphics tablet?

Yes
74.17%
No
25.83%
Total votes: 240
Polling ended
show more
RBRat3
Im all for it as long as there is no pressure sensing on it thats similar to wacoms assembly so I can tap my ass off and not worry about the sensors integrity.

Just like nibs they wear out also if your tapping rendering the pen useless that is unless you have an eraser end :P
Saturnalize
Idk, although I've planned to buy one.
Since I need to save my money to buy new table.
But let's say yes in case of cheap price.
Shiroemon
Hell yes! Make it available to China as well, OK? :D

So that I don't have to order it from somewhere else :)
-Chris
I can't afford it, but there are a lot of people who will buy it
thelewa
I think I could buy one just to test it out.
DJNightmare
I WOULD SO BUY IT, Play osu! with it, and use it for Photoshop. (Well, maybe play around with the drawing)
EDIT: But i would probably be only to buy it when i start working after school ends...
Rizumu Tenshi
Hope you can ship the tablet to Egypt... Because if the tablet can be shipped to Egypt I'd definitely buy it if I can afford it.
If it can't be shipped to Egypt, I'm dead. I'd have a Genius 3x5" tablet to buy only, if I can afford it...

zeroclover wrote:

any pictures?
i want to look it first o_o
And yes pics please :)
CsavarNat16
Yes, please o3o
But, first of all is the picture of the tablet
deadbeat
i might of if i hadn't all ready got a Wacom CTL470 ._.
but i do like the idea \:D/
Mismagius
if I have money and ways of payment why not :)
Ashlyn_old
I wanna see picture st :D
awp
do nibs really wear out that fast?

I've had an intuos3 for shit, I don't know how many years. 6 or 7? And still on my first nib. It doesn't see much daily use, but certainly over the duration of ownership

What sort of life expectancy do tablet nibs have?
RBRat3

awp wrote:

I've had an intuos3 for shit, I don't know how many years. 6 or 7? And still on my first nib. It doesn't see much daily use, but certainly over the duration of ownership

(Guestimations made up on the spot)
Regularly playing osu! daily I get about a month being I tap & slide not hover.
Daily graphic work and no osu! 3-4 months
I also replace the nibs early just before the pen end starts to drag with the nib on sharp angles as to not screw up future long curve strokes.

Tablet surface gets the worst of it, after all these years what use to be a matte finish is now a high-gloss surface being polished by plastic love... Only downside to this is loss of friction when drawing but I been doing it so long it just doesn't matter anymore.

Take it with a grain of salt since people do have heavy hands which I may be one of them but I couldn't really tell you.
thelewa

awp wrote:

They wear out way faster with osu! than drawing.

Back when I kept the tip of the pen on the tablet's surface, I used a nib per month.
Pacemaker
If the pen's design will be more comfortable than the Wacom's, I'm totally gonna buy it. Wacom pens have this annoying button that forces you to develop a special way of holding it to avoid pressing it all the time.
MMzz

Pacemaker wrote:

If the pen's design will be more comfortable than the Wacom's, I'm totally gonna buy it. Wacom pens have this annoying button that forces you to develop a special way of holding it to avoid pressing it all the time.
Or you can just turn that button off in the settings.

But in relation to the tablet. I would buy one just to have it.
Cyclohexane
I wouldn't buy such a product because I do not need a graphics tablet for anything.
Galkan

Mr Color wrote:

I wouldn't buy such a product because I do not need a graphics tablet for anything.
Words taken right out of my mouth.
XPJ38
Nope, I already have one and don't use it anyway.
Cristian

zeroclover wrote:

any pictures?
yep.
miss_master_old
i'll buy a better used one rather than this.
Sakura
Idk, im happy playing with mouse, so i dont think i'd buy one.
Mercurial
Nah.

Since I just enjoy this game mapping, I don't see something useful for that tablet.
ztrot
personally it would be hit or miss really on one hand it would be nice to get some more osu swag out on the market but as far as using it would go I doubt I would have uses for it, I already own a tablet pc and two bamboo's and they hardly see use so if I were to buy it it would only be for the logo and nothing more.
RBRat3

Pacemaker wrote:

Pen design depends on the tablet gen and line... I love my grip pen which can be customized with or without a button bar and thick as a paintbrush.
ztrot
I've never had a problem with pen size then again i adapt pretty quickly I would be neat to see a concept of what the tablet would look like tho. That might be the biggest selling point.
RBRat3
5 bux says its pink :P
jemhuntr
If I'm gonna buy a tablet, I'll buy this one. I'm only gonna use it mainly for osu! anyways. :>

or maybe not since i'm more into osu!mania right now. XD

so basically i'm not sure.
Ableh
i'll consider about buying tablet cause im just a poor people :|
and...

zeroclover wrote:

any pictures?
Nessuka
Yes.
Kyonko Hizara
plz
Topic Starter
peppy
Obviously the design hasn't been customised yet, as that would take place further down the line, but here is a photo of the tablet. Note that the business card is only there for a size comparison, as I had nothing else on my desk which would be universally recognised.

To answer some questions: The pen is comfortably thick to hold. You can hover it further away from the tablet than any wacom I have used previously. It does not have pressure sensitive input. I'd like to look into getting a smaller size, but that may end up costing much more due to being non-standard, so assume the 8x5 or 8x6" for now.

As for customisation, I don't want to make it too obnoxious (aka pink), so it would likely remain black, but have osu! artwork printed on the tablet surface or border. I'd also hope to change the orange status light on it to pink or blue :P.
Fumika
I'd like to buy that :D
Kei
The tablet looks comfortable to use.. I like very much how simple it is. Also, the osu! logo would look awesome on it.
I would like to buy one of these but I got a Bamboo tablet recently. It's really a shame because this one is a lot more cheaper than the one I bought. :?
Winshley
Voted "No" because tablet's are kinda pricey anyway. Plus, I don't wanna use tablet only for osu! anyway. ;_;

I would say "Yes" if it's osu! mouse and/or mousepad. Or maybe keyboard with osu! logo on Windows key cap. xD
Dai
buy tablet, free supporter tag
RBRat3

peppy wrote:

It does not have pressure sensitive input..
SOLD... Now I can stop murdering intuos pens XD
ampzz
I'm totally into buying gimmicky products because I like wasting money... from what my best friend tells me.

Count me in.
Vish024
If I was a tablet user, I'd definitely be interested.
Tesu
want to buy :)
show more