forum

[osu!mania] Receptor Positioning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FissionMailed
Hi there. I know osu!mania is still a WIP, but I knew something always felt odd about the judgements I was getting while playing. I decided to finally find out if I just had bad timing or if it was osu!mania. Well, I tried multiple skins, as well as the default, and I am pretty sure that the note receptors are incorrectly placed. Here is an image of what I am talking about:

http://i.imgur.com/FzTi3.jpg

I made this thread in the osu! Gameplay & Rankings forum because I didn't know if it was just me or anybody else. Could somebody let me know if I am the only person experiencing this?
nrii_old
it's the skin you're using, i think that basically the 300 mark is when the bottom of your note skin reaches the judgment line, so with a skin using tall notes, it appears like you have to hit early. you're suggesting it should instead have the 300 when 50% of the notes height is below and 50% above the judgment line?

you can use the line
JudgementLine:1
in your xk.ini to see where the judgment line is
Agka
nrii, I confirm this is on the default skin as well.

:)

Disclaimer: I might be wrong.
Topic Starter
FissionMailed

nrii wrote:

it's the skin you're using
Already said I tried with the default skin, same thing happens.

nrii wrote:

you're suggesting it should instead have the 300 when 50% of the notes height is below and 50% above the judgment line?
No, this is what I said I don't want to happen.

nrii wrote:

you can use the line
JudgementLine:1
in your xk.ini to see where the judgment line is
I'll try this, thanks.
nrii_old
i use a modified default skin and dont see these issues at all. using the skin your picture contains (with the circles) i have the issue you describe
Topic Starter
FissionMailed
You're right, the judgement line is incorrect on my theme. Also, it is correct on the default even though it doesn't feel like it is. That's an issue for another thread I suppose, but thanks for helping me diagnose the problem, I was able fix it.