forum

Transferring stars from duplicates to original Request

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +68
Topic Starter
deadbeat
long subject title isn't it :p

i don't think this will get very far, but there are instances where duplicates have received a decent about of sp. what would be interesting is when denying a feature as a duplicate, being able to transfer any and all stars, to the original request.

i am well aware that people should search for the request before hand and be carefully when shooting stars. however it is still technically supporting the same thing >_<

opinions?
-GN
I think pi should have saved half his stars for this one.
theowest
Good for people who spend stars on duplicates. It just happens too often.
Mithos
inb4 duplicate

Actually this idea makes sense. Even if a thread was a duplicate, they still support it.
theowest

Mithost wrote:

Actually this idea makes sense. Even if a thread was a duplicate, they still support it.
Exactly, they just happened to support the wrong one.

This feature request would work better if duplicates were connected to the original request. They could be linked together, automatically.
Coming soon, deadbeat's & theowest's duplicate thread.
next month I'll have 200 stars for this one :3
Topic Starter
deadbeat

31415926535897 wrote:

<3 what a rich guy :p
ann_old
That sounds really handy.
Support!
Sakura
It would be nice if merging threads would also add up both stars total which would make it even more useful if merging threads wasnt broken right now. But it worries me that people would use the search function less when making requests and just leave all the work to the moderators.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Sakura wrote:

But it worries me that people would use the search function less when making requests and just leave all the work to the moderators.
theo and i have a plan regarding a lack of searching and hopefully we will do something about it soon
qlum
The problem with searching is that you can have very different choices of words. Or sometimes it may be a duplicate but the original is very poorly written.
Still I would support this although I will not give this stars.
Topic Starter
deadbeat

qlum wrote:

The problem with searching is that you can have very different choices of words. Or sometimes it may be a duplicate but the original is very poorly written.
Still I would support this although I will not give this stars.
i'll try take care of that as well. anyway.

Sakura wrote:

It would be nice if merging threads would also add up both stars total which would make it even more useful [spoiler]if merging threads wasnt broken right now.
a - could we try make this happen as a secondary idea?
b - why is it broken?
Archangel Tirael
Support. Also I want this future for "added" and "invalid" requests.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
why would this be useful for added and invalid requests?
its not a star refund request
Sakura

deadbeat wrote:

Sakura wrote:

But it worries me that people would use the search function less when making requests and just leave all the work to the moderators.
theo and i have a plan regarding a lack of searching and hopefully we will do something about it soon
I meant that people would become lazy and wont even search for duplicates and shoot all their stars to their threads because a moderator will always just go and merge the duplicate in.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
.......maybe just leave this alone for now. and later on, if/when theo and i put this plan into motion, we'll see what happens. if its working, maybe this can be considered as something useful
jabberwockey
*Request
and yeah I support this XD
Topic Starter
deadbeat
D: the st in request gets cut of ;___;
i'll just remove Feature
Keredna
Support
Topic Starter
deadbeat
btw. thought of something. since as sakura said, it might stop people from searching, how about making so that only half the s.p gets transferred. that way people don't completely waste their s.p but would still help towards promoting the request or w/e
bwross
The original poster should probably lose any stars they put up... they're the ones expected to search, not the people that come along and read the post later.

But really, if you want to avoid losing stars (which even if this goes through can still happen if a post goes invalid), don't shoot stars until a post has been up for at least a day (to give everyone a chance to catch if there's an issue).
theowest

bwross wrote:

The original poster should probably lose any stars they put up... they're the ones expected to search, not the people that come along and read the post later.

But really, if you want to avoid losing stars (which even if this goes through can still happen if a post goes invalid), don't shoot stars until a post has been up for at least a day (to give everyone a chance to catch if there's an issue).
good points
Topic Starter
deadbeat
i still think that this would be useful. still a lot of duplicates getting stars wasted on them ;w;
MillhioreF
Merging threads only preserves the star priority of the thread that was posted first. It'd be neat if the star priority from both threads merged together, too.
Topic Starter
deadbeat
maybe a merge s.p along side merge threads?
cause sometimes it's a waste to merge threads that have s.p but no constructive posts
TheVileOne
Merging star priority just makes sense. I don't think we should be taking star priority away from players who earned those votes. I don't think that's very fair, because there isn't a written rule anywhere that says that star votes made on duplicate threads are lost. Stars should be reimbursed, or moved, or there must be a clear warning somewhere telling you the consequences.

IMO we should be given the ability to moves stars to different threads etc. I don't really like merging a topic unless it's absolutely necessary. I don't want to have to merge a topic just to reallocate the stars. It would make the original idea thread more messy. If we are entrusted in deleting entire topics from existence, why should we not be given the ability to move stars around. If you're concerned about abuse, you could log this action. the logs aren't used for anything important anyways.
ieb

31415926535897 wrote:

Rich.......
Oinari-sama

jebwizoscar wrote:

31415926535897 wrote:

Rich.......
How do people get that many stars? My stars never "replenish" themselves each month, I only get them when I make a donation...
Topic Starter
deadbeat
then clearly, they make a lot of donations :p
also i wonder where this request stands :/
TheVileOne
BUMP

I really would like this added to the game sooner rather than later. I don't like thinking about deleting stars either by accident or by necessity. If we need to merge a thread, it shouldn't remove the stars.
show more