forum

MapleStory

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alex311360
Searched MapleStory in search, didn't find it.
Again, please send me a topic link if there is one.

If you don't know what MapleStory is, it's a MMORPG avaliable for download for PC without Steam or with Steam.
Demo of strongest boss, Pink Bean:

If anyone wants, I'm up for a party. I'll let you know once I'm installed on Steam.
BE SURE YOU ARE THE SAME LEVEL AS ME, I'M JUST STARTING POSSIBLY. If not, I'm my level 7.
Ekaru
/p/74292

But the game has changed a lot since then so...
Topic Starter
Alex311360

Ekaru wrote:

/p/74292

You want me to keep it? OK then.
EDIT: Starting a new character in Renegade. Come join me! Name is SuperAlex311 (my PSN name :P), Demon Slayer job.
Rawwrr
if u need help im lvl 173 in scania. reply me if u need help :3

darkinness
Stefan

Ekaru wrote:

Sadly. Some changes are good, but the most part ruined the Game.

sHaDoWsN1pEr13 wrote:

Demo of strongest boss, Pink Bean
Bitch please, what about Cygnus at Dark Ereve?

Jinxy
It got ruined when they started tossing in new classes every half a year and cutting off maps in big bang. I liked the big Victoria Island pre-BB, walking around it made it feel like a real adventure.

Like seriously, an entire class for the guy who was the main Cygnus Warrior?

And don't get me started on the economy, this is P2W at it's worst

All in all, the only thing I like is the BGMs. Ellinia' Tree Dungeon and L Forest (or Mushroom Kingdom post-BB) are among my favourites.
Drakari_old
Back when I played the only things you could purchase with NX were purely cosmetic, except maybe for experience boosters. The only other things I remember about MapleStory are grinding and jump quests.

THE JUMP QUESTS.
Jinxy
I liked the sleepywood and kerning jump quests, did them tons

Tried ellinia twice and never again
Ekaru

Drakari wrote:

Back when I played the only things you could purchase with NX were purely cosmetic, except maybe for experience boosters. The only other things I remember about MapleStory are grinding and jump quests.

THE JUMP QUESTS.
Back when I played there was no stinking NX and only two continents FUCK YEAH

...God, I was 13 back then. Such a long time...
bmin11
Continents by you mean the starting island and the main island, right?

I don't even remember when I played MapleStory lol such an old game now
Ekaru

bmin11 wrote:

Continents by you mean the starting island and the main island, right?

I don't even remember when I played MapleStory lol such a old game now
I meant Victoria Island and Orbis. Nobody really counts Maple Island. :P
Topic Starter
Alex311360
You see, this is why "PRIVATE SERVERS" were invented.
They have:
All of the events custom coded OR from previous MapleStory versions.
Ability to have custom coded WZs to have new classes, skills, and graphics.
THEIR OWN DAMN RULES
FREE NX FOR EVERYONEZ
Once they make a server for that version of MapleStory, it's usable.

I'd recommend this one:
http://dchaosms.net ... when it's back up. Doing some dedicated server changes and all that stuff so that's why you can't login or go onsite.
However, you can still chat on their:
Xat: http://xat.com/chat/room/101802030/ (I have no idea how many people should be on their, not logged in, too lazy to check)
Or their forums: http://www.dcmsforum.net/

You are very welcome. And they are nearly 100% custom. Everything on it mostly is.
Zerostarry
I like to play dress up with the free nx from private servers
Stefan

Zerostarry wrote:

omg, totally agree with this. :D

The thing I hate is that wannabe-player says that Maple isn't really easier now. It's more "player-friendly" to the Beginner. <_<
However, you can reach (with Exp Boost Card, Premium Mini Dungeon, etc.) Lv 200 in one day from Lv 1 since the Chaos Patch.
Ekaru

Stefan wrote:

Zerostarry wrote:

omg, totally agree with this. :D

The thing I hate is that wannabe-player says that Maple isn't really easier now. It's more "player-friendly" to the Beginner. <_<
However, you can reach (with Exp Boost Card, Premium Mini Dungeon, etc.) Lv 200 in one day from Lv 1 since the Chaos Patch.
I knew that lv 120 used to be possible in a day, but 200? o.O
Stefan

Ekaru wrote:

I knew that lv 120 used to be possible in a day, but 200? o.O
Idk which things are also available at GMS, but the things you'll need to do this:
- Many, many Exp Boost Cards (afaik there were also 24 hour Cards)
- The Premium Mini Dungeon Event (You go into a Dungeon and getting a higher Exp and Drop multiplier)
- Maple Ring (Sometimes, this Item is available to get it for old Characters, also gives a Bonus of Exp. And you can trade it in the Account)
- Exp/Drop 2x Events (Just to be faster at the begin)

It's really hard, but possible. Also, you need to know where you have to grind with the specific class.
Tesu
i played that already but i quited
Justykanna
I personally found it to be a terrible game - I played it and leveled an archer to level 30 and quit immediately about five years ago.
Level grinding took way too long (weren't a lot of quests, at least when I played) and the community was absolutely horrid - kill stealers and spammers left and right.
Was not sad to say goodbye to that game.
Aoriki
I use to play this game back before Ludi and Orbis was even in the server! (That was such a long time ago) I gave up once I reached 81 or 82 in GMS. Yeah, I have to agree back then before the Big Bang was put in, was pretty cool. Till they added more and more I just stop playing (I think I stop when big bang was barely announced. What made me leave was the huge amount of hackers being in the game, ksers, and so much drama llama.