forum

[resolved] Corrupted beatatmaps processing over and over when I click on them in game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
l1mi
After not finding a good thread about it, I was going top ask for help but found a solution while doing so. If you think there is no need for this thread then just move it to the greaveyard of bad threads.

1. Close osu! just do it before anything else, dont skip this step.

2. Open your osu! directory then move (or delete) all *.db files (db = data base). In my case there where seven but to be sure I also moved the file called "collection" and "scores".

3. Start osu. The game will find out that something is wrong and try to repair itself and it actually works! osu! will start processing the beatmaps again and this time it will take longer than usual but you can ALT TAB or go do your home work while waiting.

4. Optional: Close osu! again and move the file called "collection" and "scores" back to the osu! map folder (I problably didnt have to move these at all).

Feel free to correct me or contribute by adding more information to this thread. I dont know what im doing and I dont understand the exact purpose of the files or how they work but this fixed everything for me.

Back story: Some of my maps got corrupted when I had problem to transfer the whole osu! directory from one drive to another.

osu! version: Stable 20200118.2 (latest)
Death
You only need to remove osu!.db, no need to remove any of the other db files (in fact, you definitely shouldn't remove them if you don't need to).

Not entirely sure where you were looking because this solution is listed on almost every thread that's described the same issue on the forums, especially any newer ones. I personally have responded to the majority of threads made in the past 2 years with this fix.
Topic Starter
l1mi

Death wrote:

Not entirely sure where you were looking because this solution is listed on almost every thread that's described the same issue on the forums, especially any newer ones. I personally have responded to the majority of threads made in the past 2 years with this fix.

I found threads that described something similar but not a good one (didnt mean to indirectly insult you). By the way (OT), just an idea.. cant you make a video like Pishifat where you go through things in the client. How it works and so on, common issues that have been over the years that are still relevant. There are problably a ton of people who dont even know the game have a config or are familiar with the commands in it or how it works. What each file are in the game, how the game physics work and so on there are many subjects. You are problably the right guy to do such a thing.
Death
You didn't insult me, I'm more just annoyed by the fact that Google still likes to bring up results from 4-10 years ago instead of more recent ones, and a lot of times those are the few threads that don't have up to date solutions. I think the forum search is a little bit better in that regard.

I'm not really sure how needed videos are to solve most of the common issues that people have. There are a few wiki pages with a lot of common issues and solutions to those issues that I think cover things pretty well. For example:
https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Help_Centre
https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Performance_Troubleshooting

I guess the only thing they are missing is pictures and they would probably end up functioning the same way as a video.