forum

[web] Taiko, CtB and osu!mania subforums in G&R [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +174
show more
Seph

MMzz wrote:

There is no discrimination in G&R. Do you see a sticky or announcement that says "ONLY osu! IS ALLOWED HERE, EVERY OTHER GAME MODE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!@!@" No.

If someone goes "lol insertgamehere" ignore them, and the people who seriously want to discuss will discuss.

You are not prevented from posting anything in G&R because of the gamemode you like to talk about. Have you ever had a moderator come to you telling you they deleted your thread because of the gamemode in G&R? I hope not. So don't pull out "equality".
I find this funny coming from someone who just mocked ctb as a dumb game.

Nonetheless, I never stated that there was any discrimination on G&R, I just clearly said that if you post anything CtB related, thread won't last that long since the majority of people who posts on G&R are osu! standard players. And I pulled the word "equality" since as you can see, and by common sense, osu! standard is being prioritized since its the MAIN game mode, and the other 3 are just "special" game modes.

And, no moderator did that yet, unless he's some retarded assfuck and tells us to delete a taiko/ctb/osumania related post, or do you guys have one :P
MMzz

Seph wrote:

MMzz wrote:

There is no discrimination in G&R. Do you see a sticky or announcement that says "ONLY osu! IS ALLOWED HERE, EVERY OTHER GAME MODE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!@!@" No.

If someone goes "lol insertgamehere" ignore them, and the people who seriously want to discuss will discuss.

You are not prevented from posting anything in G&R because of the gamemode you like to talk about. Have you ever had a moderator come to you telling you they deleted your thread because of the gamemode in G&R? I hope not. So don't pull out "equality".
I find this funny coming from someone who just mocked ctb as a dumb game.
What?
Seph
p/2067902

maybe you should stop ctb as a comparison to some game
LukaXD
+ support
MMzz
I'm done here.
dkun
Keep on topic, this is a feature request. Treat it as one.

This is a thread to discuss a feature wanting to be implemented. MMzz stated his idea, and that's that. There's no need to criticize on anything past that.

Take this as a first and only warning.
deadbeat
MMzz does have a good point though, there isn't that much in terms of taiko/ctb/o!m threads. once there are more threads, then something like this can be considered more.
Topic Starter
VelperK
You're not even getting the main point, in a forum on which everyone are posting osu! standard threads there will obviously be some "fear" by special gamemodes players which want to share their ideas, records, tops, etc about their modes... Hm, explaining it better: "1-CTB Player sees G&R Forum ... 2-CTB Player realizes that it's full of osu! standard discussions ... 3-CTB Player thinks that his thread will most likely be ignored ... 4-CTB Player doesn't post anything and he thinks: Okay, I'll just post in that motherpooting big CTB Thread which appears to contain the whole community ;_;"

That's how it works, not the way MMzz or deadbeat want to look at it :/

Summarizing, when you create subforums for these communities, they will be encouraged to share more freely their ideas without "fear" or discouragement.
deadbeat

VelperK wrote:

Summarizing, when you create subforums for these communities, they will be encouraged to share more freely their ideas without "fear" or discouragement.
i have seen it that way. but do remember, i can say ctb/taiko/o!m sucks here. i can say that anywhere. i could even say that in the sub forums if they are created.
if people do post stupid comments like that, just ask a mod nicely to remove the comment.
Topic Starter
VelperK
But I wasn't refering to the mocking of the modes. Please read my previous paragraph.

EDIT:

Sorry, I was thinking more deeply about this... no, peppy could die of stress in the making of this feature request. Let's better not get the creator of the game dead! It's such a painful experience to make 3 subforums in a website.

It would also cost millions of dollars, adding that this change cannot be deleted if it's gone wrong... You'll all be condemned to see those subforums without people for the rest of your lifes. How painful it must be!

^(sarcasm)^
deadbeat
i'm still standing by what i say. nothing stopping you from making them. this request will be more likely to happen if there are more active threads for the special modes

VelperK wrote:

EDIT:

Sorry, I was thinking more deeply about this... no, peppy could die of stress in the making of this feature request. Let's better not get the creator of the game dead! It's such a painful experience to make 3 subforums in a website.

It would also cost millions of dollars, adding that this change cannot be deleted if it's gone wrong... You'll all be condemned to see those subforums without people for the rest of your lifes. How painful it must be!

^(sarcasm)^
wow. nice attitude there >_>
be nice or i'll lock this for a while.
MillhioreF
Traditionally, all Taiko and CTB content has been in its own thread.
Between the three CTB threads, there's hundreds of pages of posts (half of that being in the current one t/76914) while the Taiko thread is in Beatmap Projects of all places and is absolutely massive (t/5397)

I don't see how splitting them could do any harm, though there would probably be few enough threads that Gameplay and Rankings could fit them all. It's just a matter of getting people to split in the first place.
theowest
creating these new subforums would obviously generate a huge number of topics and activity, why wouldn't we support more forum discussion
Topic Starter
VelperK

theowest wrote:

creating these new subforums would obviously generate a huge number of topics and activity, why wouldn't we support more forum discussion
cant tell if sarcasm

or...

sarcasm
theowest
I'm serious. To some degree, I agree with your statement:

VelperK wrote:

You're not even getting the main point, in a forum on which everyone are posting osu! standard threads there will obviously be some "fear" by special gamemodes players which want to share their ideas, records, tops, etc about their modes... Hm, explaining it better: "1-CTB Player sees G&R Forum ... 2-CTB Player realizes that it's full of osu! standard discussions ... 3-CTB Player thinks that his thread will most likely be ignored ... 4-CTB Player doesn't post anything and he thinks: Okay, I'll just post in that motherpooting big CTB Thread which appears to contain the whole community ;_;"

TheVileOne
I agree. It would be a good way to expand upon the alternate gamemode communities. They probably wont be used so much, but we have boards that don't get as much traffic as other boards.
Skywards_old
You guys have sub forum on mapping techniques so why can't we have it on sub forum on the game mode we have.
Hence the mapping techniques HAS NOT EVEN USED IN MORE THAN 7 DAYS.... Its not even active so why not delete it then.
i will bet you money that the game mode forum will be active. Unlike this Mapping techniques sub forum that not even active.
Edit:80% of the post is freaking 8 months ago. Its useless is that if almost no one goes on it.
El SolarBeam
I think the only source of problem in this difference of opinion is just whether the subforums will be active or not.

If only a trial period of those subforums can be made, perhaps it would be easier to consider.
But well, I don't know whether this can be accepted or not
Kuro
bump

/me thinks

A taiko subforum would be very nice
and I wouldn't see anymore threads about Cookiezi or something else useless to me
theowest
this taiko thread is incredibly active (~26700 posts)
t/5397/
they really deserve a place to call their own.
Kitokofox
And there's a very active CtB thread which I feel unwilling to take part in because it's too cluttered for one topic
Babukus
Definitely supporting this. It would be nice to be able to talk with some fellow taiko players or players that play a certain mode of osu.
-Ryuujii-
i say party hard
star~
Bites
For some reason I've not been receiving any new stars for the last several months, almost over half a year now.

So have some starless support! :)
Stefan
Sounds good.
Harp Note

Kitokofox wrote:

And there's a very active CtB thread which I feel unwilling to take part in because it's too cluttered for one topic
This.

I don't think that creating these subforums could hurt anybody, quite the contrary, as it has been said, users will be more willing to start a discussion.

Support.
Sakura
By how we've had to discard the Taiko and CTB topics due to spam i don't even wanna imagine what you guys would do with your own forum, you should show that you can behave decently first before receiving something like this.
Seph

Sakura wrote:

By how we've had to discard the Taiko and CTB topics due to spam i don't even wanna imagine what you guys would do with your own forum, you should show that you can behave decently first before receiving something like this.
Why did you remove the CtB thread on gameplay and rankings? Can't you just delete those spam posts or punish them for it? Just so you know those people don't represent the CtB community as a whole, so what you just did was pretty much unnecessary.
Sakura
Because the issue was pretty much 90% of the whole thread (if you have issues with what was done then please PM me rather than derail this topic tho)
Seph
I am not derailing this thread as you posted first and I just wanted the thread back.

I've pretty much reported some of those who were spamming offtopic posts and they pretty much got punished for it, so i don't see a need for it to get AW'd.

Just this, its either you give us back the thread (with deleted spam posts) or give us the Taiko/CtB/o!m subforums.
theowest
Just create a new, more approriate topic then. Even the title of your previous topic made very little sense.
Seph

theowest wrote:

Just create a new, more approriate topic then. Even the title of your previous topic made very little sense.
Its because it was adopted to the original thread which was in the Chinese subforum, we didn't change it so people who play ctb (which most of them knew the thread, i meant the ones who actively check the forum) would recognize it immediately.
Sakura
I've removed the inappropriate and spam posts (basically the last page) and restored the thread, promise you guys will report any misbehaviors on it so we can keep it clean. On another note, about the FR itself, yeah i still don't see the need for these forums yet ._.
Topic Starter
VelperK
C'mon now!
Xierra
I totally support this with open hands! (Though I wish it happens on Modding Queues as well)
I don't have a star though, so I can only wish :o
peppy
Okay, let's give this a try.
Seph
OH YES PEPPY THANK YOU

ily ok <33
Topic Starter
VelperK
Thanks peppy!
Stefan
Nice!!