forum

Hey! New to Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NextActElsword
Hey! So, first off, I'm VERY new to Osu and would appreciate any tips vets can give me to get better at this. I heard that some people play this before playing CS:GO or games like that to improve their aim at it, although I just want to play it for fun. If anyone has any tips to help me get better, please tell me! I'd love to get better at this as quick as I can!

So, a bit about myself.

My name is Joseph Diemmanuele. I'm 20 years old and I LOVE drumming and hanging out with friends. I have a YouTube channel as well (I don't post often yet because my PC is bad, but if I get good enough at Osu, I may start posting videos of it.) called "NextActElsword" As the "Elsword" part in my name implies, I play Elsword. I main an elf archer named Rena that also specializes in kicking people. (Trust me, it's way more fun than it sounds.) If you play it and would like to see some Rena combos, visit my channel! They're on there! Anyway, I hope to meet a lot of people and make friends!
Kewie
Welcome to the osu community! So you said you wanted some tips? Well number 1 you wanted to play for fun, then consider buying a drawing tablet witch most players use while playing this game. And also never listen to players that say play hard maps to improve, its very important to get used to the basics so play a star ranking that fits you i would say 2* to 3* max if your new. Play until you got a decent understanding of the game and also try to get your first S rank. When you are ready do that to each star level and you will be a good player in no time, but remember getting good takes practice. New players could have a hard time using keyboard as a way to hit the objects but it will let you have a better potential range, also try to make dubble tapping comfortable for you it will help you very much in the future. I hope you could take in those tips and i hope you will enjoy your time here in our community!
Topic Starter
NextActElsword
Thanks! I've already played a few maps and downloaded a few. I already got a fully perfect SS 100% Accuracy run on one of those maps. (Even though it was easy, but still....)
xicetdre
Hey Joseph, my name is Ethan and I'm also 20 years old. Welcome to the forums! As for getting better at the game, I've been playing on and off for the past few months and been noticing myself beating old scores and just generally progressing in skill when I don't worry too much about how I'm playing/progressing; I drain myself out pretty quickly if I'm constantly retrying a map to get a better score. If you're playing osu! for fun and trying a variety of maps and difficulties (not too far outside of your skill range) then you should start progressing in no time!
Topic Starter
NextActElsword
Yeah! I did a few maps from the beatmaps page of some anime OPs I liked and I've gotten SS rank perfect accuracy on two of them so far. I'm hoping to continue doing this good.