forum

[Editor] Slider Issues [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
show more
ziin
is this a cosmetic problem or a gameplay related problem? (does it play weird?)
Sure

ziin wrote:

is this a cosmetic problem or a gameplay related problem? (does it play weird?)
It affects only current editor screen. It is gone away if run test mode.
Suimya

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Can confirm it happening to me too. Rather annoying.
Fumika

Sekai-nyan wrote:

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Can confirm it happening to me too. Rather annoying.
D:
BeatofIke
OMG yes! This also happens to me as well orz. :o
Mercurial
Annoying as hell. It happens me a lot of times.
jabberwockey
It's really frustrating, and it happened to me too :(
lolcubes
Marking as confirmed, happens to me as well. Usually when I scroll around the map a lot.
D33d
I told mm about this and he'd never seen it before. It's happened before in a marathon map with loads of timing points.

It's thankfully not that hard to deal with--having the difficulty selection panel open all of the time means that I only need to click to another diff and back and then they're gone. Still, I hope that this is fixed soon.
mm201
I need replication steps, since I have yet to see this.
TheVileOne
mm it's sort of hard to replicate.

Here's my findings for this bug.

Take a slider and then manually move through the timeline (do not let the music play, just move through the timeline) when the timeline is moving move the cursor in such a way so that the slider needs to calculate it's length to match the moving timeline. The length of slider will flicker. Making it so that the slider repeats extra times as the timeline goes down may also be effective. Then stop the timeline, hit undo, and then move the timeline forward.

If you did it correctly and at least works for a slider with multiple repeats right after the slider you've chosen, that slider right after will increase in length for some reason. You can see it go from a normal slider to a longer slider in the timeline when you approach it.

I'm not sure if this is the exact same bug as the topic, but the one where it affects regular sliders, is exceptionally hard to replicate. It's presumably a random occurrence when a slider recalculates its length and the editor confuses the slider in front of it as that slider and then adjusts the length of that slider(s). I think it's a bug when a slider's adjustment bugs past the length of sliders in front of it due to a perfect scenario of when the timeline moves and when the slider recalculates its length.

A related bug to all of this is that when the slider recalculates length, it can change it's official length in the timeline without changing it's size on the screen. Just cause this slider recalculation quirk a few times and you'll see that the sliders will sometimes maintain length on the timeline, despite no change to length in the editor. I have not test played to see if this is real length or imaginary length, but it can be undone so I'm assuming it's a legitimate change.

This quirk may be related to the similar bug people have been having with abnormally slow sliders when moving through the timeline with a slider selected.

All of these bugs seem to be related.

Edit:

While you're at it, there is another related bug to moving things really quickly in the editor. This one is caused using the music playing through the timeline instead. So start the music and at the same time move an object in the timeline quickly. Sometimes the note will leave your selection and keep moving beyond all of the other notes in the direction you were dragging it. It will keep moving until it goes off the edge of the timeline and will get eaten.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Dunno how to really replicate. Just mess around in a map for while periodically scrolling back. Eventually it should happen.
Sure

mm201 wrote:

I need replication steps, since I have yet to see this.
1. Delete any note
2. Press "Ctrl+Z"
3. Scroll up mouse wheel

then some sliders before the note you deleted will be overextended.
yeahyeahyeahhh
Can confirm what yk said after testing with him.

Can't delete any note, but definitely for any slider. Simply delete a slider, and undo the deletion. When you scroll back before that slider you delete you should notice some of your sliders messed up. For example:

I haven't been able to do this for single notes, but always for sliders. The only way I've found to clear it is to either end Test Play or leave the map and open it again.

UPDATE:
Messing around some more and some dumb luck, I noticed you don't necessarily have to delete a note. Anytime you undo something via ctrl+z scroll back you will noticed overextended sliders.

1. Click any object on the map.
2. Do something to that object (move it or add a hitsound).
3. Undo (Ctrl+Z) that action.
4. Scroll back and you'll notice overextended sliders.
TheVileOne
It works scrolling forward too.
Jinyan
yeahyeah is right, for clearing this problem, you need to go on test mod or leave the map and come back

http://puu.sh/1fxmO same hapened to me ^^'
Aqo
+bump

happens all the time and it's really annoying. please fix this. especially the fact that it happens while you scroll over the timeline makes this a nightmare
Saten
Oh god

lol

"Revert to Saved" changes it back though, but will recur if you're undo'ing something again orz
TheVileOne
New information: If you create this slider glitch, it will reset the last position you were in the map. so instead of appearing in the point where you were last editing it will put you at the start of the song.
Kuroneko-sHerald
Was about to open a new thread when I saw this.

I just want to say that this does not affect the map for real, because if you test or exit the map, the difficulty return normal.

Btw, i get this when scrolling the timeline (but don't ask how).
ziin
Not saying this isn't a problem, but all you have to do is ctrl+s ctrl+l to fix it temporarily.

Also, it seems that it's increasing in length/decreasing in speed by a factor of sqrt(2). I really don't understand why this is the formula:
V = (SV) * sqrt(2) / 10
(osupixels / ms)
mm201
What I've found is that cloned sliders may randomly be assigned a BPM of 60. For some reason, I can only make it happen on the public build.
peppy: Is there any reason why public build would be any different from latest master? Mania merge strategy is the only thing I can think of.
peppy

mm201 wrote:

What I've found is that cloned sliders may randomly be assigned a BPM of 60. For some reason, I can only make it happen on the public build.
peppy: Is there any reason why public build would be any different from latest master? Mania merge strategy is the only thing I can think of.
Public is built from master, so it is 1:1. There seems to be an issue with controlpoints as of recent though. I think woc changed the way controlpoints are chosen in some places, but haven't got around to checking this (may be related to the other issues with controlpoints in guest difficulties etc.)
TheVileOne
mm201 works in testbuild. Just make a change to a slider and undo it, and move backwards in the timeline and the sliders should start screwing up. It's practically a guaranteed thing.

UnitedWeSin
It's super annoying. :D

To fix just move the slider and then undo. I do it multiple times when scrolling through a beatmap.
Xierra

UnitedWeSin wrote:

It's super annoying. :D

To fix just move the slider and then undo. I do it multiple times when scrolling through a beatmap.
Woot, you figured a way out! Thanks a lot mate :P
Btw, I had this exact same problem. Fix this now! It's totally annoying... :cry:

In my point of view, this happened if I scroll around. It happens even more often if I use CTRL+Wheel to scroll around. That's IMO.
Zare
It happens when undoing stuff. Therefore, deleting and redoing will cause other sliders to bug.
Just save the map and then revert to saved, fastest way imo
Sure
It is F2 to fix over-extended sliders quickly.
Meru
it happens to me as well, I always F5F2 because of this :/
TheVileOne
Recalculate slider Lengths also fixes it. Timing > Recalculate slider lengths. Edit: Warning if you use 1/3rd and 1/4th with sliders, this option might break those sliders. I'm not sure if it can detect non-standard measure divisors. It might, but I don't know for sure.
peppy
Thanks to TheVileOne for providing a map and yyy for a reproducible scenario. This is fixed in the next public release.
Mentalism1
I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT WHEN IT HAPPENS TO ME ITS A HASSLE TO DO MY NICKI MINAJ STUPID HOE MAP
MillhioreF
Whoa there, calm down. Yelling isn't going to help anything, especially since it's already fixed for the next update.
ychao

peppy wrote:

This is fixed in the next public release.
Good to hear this, thank you.
Mentalism1

MillhioreF wrote:

Whoa there, calm down. Yelling isn't going to help anything, especially since it's already fixed for the next update.
Okaaay :D :)
yeahyeahyeahhh
TY for the fix peppy <3 I can now map calmly.