forum

I'm concerned that I'm being chat silenced unfairly now. [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zexous
Hi, I'm Zexous, I'm very active on both the game and #osu. I happen to get chat silenced a lot, and while I agree that I type quite a bit, I feel that my most recent silence was unfair~

Perhaps I shouldn't be getting so worked up over an hour of silence, but it still poses the problem that mods may be simply building biases against specific users outside of the realm of just keeping an eye on them; certain people may be getting silenced on grounds that wouldn't have gotten other users silenced. That's the concern here.

I have collected 20 screenshots of #osu from as far as chat would let me go to my last line in #osu.
(Because I don't want to puush 22 different files, I've just collected them into a .zip for everyone's convenience)
Here's the puush link for the .zip: http://puu.sh/1dNgq

First take a look at the "chat silence timeframe" picture: that was just to show around which time (for me) I was silenced, which turned out to be 5:04 (my time). This is just to give a better idea of how far I went in the #osu chat (first screenshot has messages from 4:57, so about 7 minutes earlier). Screenshots 1-20 are just as much of #osu as I could get (I made sure to overlap messages so you can't accuse me of skipping over lines) and screenshot 20 has the last message I put in #osu.

As you can see, I boxed some lines where I actually called for mods to help take care of #osu. Screenshot 21 shows some PMs I sent to Lolicore Flandre stating that #osu needed help (Later I asked why I was silenced, when I realized that I actually was silenced, but as of writing this it's been 39 minutes and I still haven't gotten a response, and Lolicore Flandre is the only one who silences me, but it may or may not be because I can't even do PMs when I'm silenced, I don't really know). The last line of that chat with Loliflan wasn't that relevant, but it didn't hurt to have it in, so I put it in anyway.

So, after presenting this, can anyone answer: why was I silenced?

If you took the time to read through this, then at least thank you for hearing me out. I dearly hope to get a proper response for this, and if I was wrong, then I'll just be happy that I got a proper response and that'll be that. Thanks.
Flanster
To be honest I don't understand whats going on either. Perhaps I could have tabbed the wrong name, its possible...

My apologies for my mistake! Mods make mistakes too.
Kitsunemimi
Oh wow Zexous, you're probably one of the most mature and reserved people I've ever seen in a video game community.

...........But how on earth do you get silenced so much if you can muster the will and patience to type up a post like this...?

EDIT: also for future reference, you can save chat logs with the /savelog command. So don't bother taking a million screenshots next time.
lolcubes
When you are discontent with someone's behaviour in a chat room or channel, use the report function after clicking on their name. It's more effective then just calling a mod's name in that channel.
Just saying. Marking invalid as it has nothing to do with the game functionality itself.
Topic Starter
Zexous
@Kitsunemimi: I'm not naturally reserved :/ and thanks for the tip
@lolcubes: I'm aware of the report function, but I didn't feel like anyone there deserved a report, just a little scolding. And it said that if you wanted to plead a chat ban you would go here, so I thought this was a similar enough case to put here, but it's resolved now so I guess marking it invalid is fine. Thanks.