forum

[Web] more icon to show what we are using to play

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
asl97
there 4 icon that we can use now, namely , mouse, keyboard, tablet and touch screen.
and we know, some people are using a controller, (i using my psp as a controller)
and some are trying to use a piano, (see Osu!Mania Piano)
so some of us would like more icon. (one for a controller and one for piano)
deadbeat
unless there is a decent amount of players using these input devices, i don't see a reason to sorry. no reason to add a controller icon is only 10 people play with them
Topic Starter
asl97
the taiko/wii controller is still a controller,
the big drum is like a controller
xbox 360 controller is also being use,
so is a ps3 controller.
google it if you don't believe me
deadbeat
i'd only accept the wii/360 and ps3 controllers as actual controllers. a big drum is a drum and i'm not even sure how people use one >_<
Topic Starter
asl97

and i hear someone is trying to use his eye to play osu! with the Tobii's eye-tracking tech.
anyway, once more people hear about osu! having a mode like DJmax,
people who is a pro at it will come try to get first when the ranking start.
maybe using their phone, psp ect ect as controller.
edit:oops wrong video, now is the right one
deadbeat
again. i'm not against this if there are enough people who use the input devices often enough. but if there isn't a decent number of people that use them. i see no reason for it
Sakura
And here i thought those playstyles were for osu!standard.
ziin

I play osu with my mind.
Topic Starter
asl97
a new icon for player who play with their mind!
Sakura
There's already one, is the rightmost one, that's telekinesis!
Topic Starter
asl97
lol, that touchscreen, anyway, more people are using controller everyday.
help vote it up :)
Topic Starter
asl97
bump, now that there an official way to use controller to play one of the mode without a third party app,
there are more reason to add an offical icon for controller! :)
deadbeat
my view point on this hasn't changed

deadbeat wrote:

again. i'm not against this if there are enough people who use the input devices often enough. but if there isn't a decent number of people that use them. i see no reason for it
bwross
Keyboard is like a big controller with lots of buttons... just select that. :)

(But seriously, it's hard to say how many people are using a controller because there isn't an icon for it... it's almost certainly more than 10. I took to using a controller when my I had a broken finger and started playing CtB (because I couldn't play standard)... using the keyboard was impractical with the huge brace they had me wearing. I still do use one for CtB (I haven't played enough CtB since to try and break the habit)... I was also playing some taiko with it at that time, but have returned to the keyboard for that.)
RBRat3
My finger is not telekinesis, Leave my finger out of this (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'd actually be more in favor of changing the keyboard out for some random peripheral with buttons, keyboard is pretty self explanatory in the sense that at one point or another everyone is using it on osu!

Then again you can always go crazy and add just about everything you can think of XD
Archangel Tirael
Also add beatmania Arcade Style controller, Beatmania CS controller, MUSE-ON controller, etc. Not support.
Saten
Selecting those icons means you are currenty using that when you play. (aka your current play style)
I don't see how some ppl can play with mouse, tablet & keyboard at the same time. Or just mouse and tablet, thought it's very possible.
Maybe tablet & keyboard for osu! standard and mouse (for dashing) & keyboard for CTB.

It feels like our profiles gonna be filled with playstyles.